Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a large part of the reason why we're down there. The players also shoulder some blame, but he was the catalyst.

So he can't have an opinion now?

Geez the guy was just making a comment on Rooney being moved to CM in his later years. Which is true most likely.

I wasn't his biggest fan. But he is allowed an opinion.

So if Hernandez does go to Juve, what are the chances we try and do a deal for Vidal? Hope we do sort something.

Very interesting that BBC are running with it. Indicates that the recent news of offers for our players are probably true.

Valencia, I'd want at least £10-15m from you.
Juventus, you know what we want. Vidal or a special price of £20million.

Indeed, it's as if the players weren't being managed at all.

Come on, they've been terrible under Van Gaal, too. The biggest problem has been with the players. Moyes didn't seem to know how to resurrect the squad and get us going in the right direction, but he was the sort of appointment who was always going to need time to grow into the job. Very few managers have the experience and ability to turn a situation like ours around with all the commercial pressures of making top 4, etc.

The players: Lindergard, Welbeck, Anderson, Cleverley, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, Fellaini, Young, Rafael.

He's done plenty... 0.36 goals per game. Man. Who wouldn't pay with their right testicle for a goal poacher who can't do anything else with that return.

Well per the details in his thread he's also pretty much in line (and guessing from a lot less minutes) with the goals that Sheringham, Solkjaer, Yorke and Cole managed in their first 4 seasons here as well. Goals per game can be easily manipulated by how many are sub appearances etc.

Can you point to a comparable striker going for that price?

Woah, I think the ball is now on Juv court. If they want Hernandez, they would have to put Vidal in the deal. If not, they know we can always sell it to Valencia

Well per the details in his thread he's also pretty much in line (and guessing from a lot less minutes) with the goals that Sheringham, Solkjaer, Yorke and Cole managed in their first 4 seasons here as well. Goals per game can be easily manipulated by how many are sub appearances etc.

Can you point to a comparable striker going for that price?

He's been out of form for a while, though, and he always screws up our build-up play when he does play. I will say he was effective coming off the bench as Solskjaer was but he just hasn't done it in recent times and he's demonstrated he can't be effective starting for us. Very niche player who's probably on wages which will force the value of the player down.

Come on, they've been terrible under Van Gaal, too. The biggest problem has been with the players. Moyes didn't seem to know how to resurrect the squad and get us going in the right direction, but he was the sort of appointment who was always going to need time to grow into the job. Very few managers have the experience and ability to turn a situation like ours around with all the commercial pressures of making top 4, etc.
We haven't had enough first team players fit yet for it to be considered a terrible, start, at least we can see which way LVG wants to bring the team. And what's more than obvious is he isn't afraid to make the big decisions. Moyes was a mistake from start to finish the job was far to big for him.

He's been out of form for a while, though, and he always screws up our build-up play when he does play. I will say he was effective coming off the bench as Solskjaer was but he just hasn't done it in recent times and he's demonstrated he can't be effective starting for us. Very niche player who's probably on wages which will force the value of the player down.

This is important. In order to offset our massive wages, the buying club will want to pay less for the player.

I doubt he's on crazy wages and end of the day whilst his build up play isn't top notch it's a lot better and at least on par with other strikers not at big four clubs. Yeah agreed he's lost form but at his age it's hardly uncommon to be able to refind that particularly given what his game is based around and he didn't look happy at all under Moyes.

Like I said I think a whole load of PL clubs would be in for him at 6m alone. He's worth 10 as a minimum. For less than that we're better of loaning him and then selling him imo.

I can live with that list except Rafael

Selling both Cheech and Welbeck would be OTT. Cheech should go.. and Welbeck convinced.

I'd put Zaha out on loan. Rest can leave though depends on formation and who we bring in too.

The players: Lindergard, Welbeck, Anderson, Cleverley, Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez, Fellaini, Young, Rafael.

:lol:Why the feck would we get rid of Rafa now, load of crap. Lazy journalism I think, that's a lot of players to shift in less than 5 days

Would rather Lindegard stay as well - imagine if DDG gets injured and we end up with Amos as our #1 for a series of games. Erk. Lindegard has been as reliable a backup goalie as you'll get. Amos, not so much.

Would rather Lindegard stay as well - imagine if DDG gets injured and we end up with Amos as our #1 for a series of games. Erk. Lindegard has been as reliable a backup goalie as you'll get. Amos, not so much.

Johnstone is better than Amos. He's been injured as well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.