Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many chances do you give a player to show he's up to it?

Smalling: signed in 2010 & has never looked a United-standard CB. Fergie rarely played him there (obviously from assessing him from training sessions) & he signed him as the long-term successor to Rio. He's a poor man's Varane.

Jones: signed in 2011 & is famous for the kites he pulls & his injuries due to diving into stupid challenges - not his footballing ability.

I'm at a loss, as to why folk still maintain that our players are better or as good as our rivals. Performances tell the true story & its rediculous to claim our players are all top 4 standard - when they're not.

Well, firstly I'd let them play in their natural position for a prolonged period of time. Smalling probably played more football at fullback in his time at United. Jones the same, only he's played midfield too! So I'd give those two as much of a chance as possible to succeed. Currently playing a team with not much confidence and learning a completely new system to boot. It was always going to be difficult and I think they deserve the time to get it right. Lets not forget these two looked very good for the England U21's not too long ago.

It may come as a surprise as they seem to have been around forever but Smalling is 24 and Jones is only 22! They have got plenty of time on their side and a lot to learn.

I don't know if its just football supporters in general these days or if its specifically Man Utd fans but where's the patience? Things don't happen overnight.

He already declined in last season and at times it was painful to watch him.

Spot on. Easy to say he never had pace to begin with but in truth he's still lost another yard or two which has killed him, he looks really shaky any time someone takes him on. Forces him into hacking them down because he knows if it's past him he's not getting back in time.

Spot on. Easy to say he never had pace to begin with but in truth he's still lost another yard or two which has killed him, he looks really shaky any time someone takes him on. Forces him into hacking them down because he knows if it's past him he's not getting back in time.

The amount of times i've seen this in the past few seasons is incredible yet he somehow gets away without being booked or being booked twice. In the last 20 minutes of games he always looks completely knackered.
Still a tidy player but you need to be a lot more mobile to play in front of the back four these days. Gerrard is getting like it as well.

Is he any good? Weird that I don't think I've heard of him.
Had a great season last year. Probably better than Hummels who was in and out through injury, which is why I can't see them letting the Greek go. Ginter is decent cover but I'm not sure how Subotic has recovered.

Had a couple of good seasons with Werder Bremen, have struggled with injuries during his time at Dortmund.

Most likely reactions to the Xabi Alonso sale.

Eh???? He only missed 5 Bundesliga games last season and 1 of those was due to a suspension. Played 90mins in every Bundesliga game he played in.

With all the speculation regarding midfield (Vidal, Carvalho, Blind, De Jong) there doesn't seem to be anything about another defender, which we could do with strengthening too. Perhaps there is something going on under the radar to resolve this issue?

If clubs like Spurs and Everton want Welbs i suggest we take them for every penny they have, much like they've done to us over the years

Aye, I hope we make it hard for them.

BTW is it me or did the font style change?

With all the speculation regarding midfield (Vidal, Carvalho, Blind, De Jong) there doesn't seem to be anything about another defender, which we could do with strengthening too. Perhaps there is something going on under the radar to resolve this issue?

Whether we need a defender or not depends on what formation we are gonna play tbf but LVG mentions lack of defenders time and again.

How many chances do you give a player to show he's up to it?

Smalling: signed in 2010 & has never looked a United-standard CB. Fergie rarely played him there (obviously from assessing him from training sessions) & he signed him as the long-term successor to Rio. He's a poor man's Varane.

Jones: signed in 2011 & is famous for the kites he pulls & his injuries due to diving into stupid challenges - not his footballing ability.

I'm at a loss, as to why folk still maintain that our players are better or as good as our rivals. Performances tell the true story & its rediculous to claim our players are all top 4 standard - when they're not.

I'm with you here. I'd add Evans to the equation too, seems to have gone backwards. Thought he'd kick on and command a CB place after the great spell he had with Rio when we kept 14 clean sheets. Watching him against MK dons and in preseason he looks terrible, nothing to do with this new formation just due to the fact he cannot pass, players get past him with ease and he hardly dominates his box aerially. We are blessed with three average CBs. I actually think despite his naivety Blackett looks a better player and defender than any of these three.

I'm with you here. I'd add Evans to the equation too, seems to have gone backwards. Thought he'd kick on and command a CB place after the great spell he had with Rio when we kept 14 clean sheets. Watching him against MK dons and in preseason he looks terrible, nothing to do with this new formation just due to the fact he cannot pass, players get past him with ease and he hardly dominates his box aerially. We are blessed with three average CBs. I actually think despite his naivety Blackett looks a better player and defender than any of these three.
Please take these discussions elsewhere. If I want daft opinions, I'll search out the relevant thread.

A lot of chatter on Twitter about Villa and Cleverly, probably bollocks - surely we need to add to our midfield?!

A lot of chatter on Twitter about Villa and Cleverly, probably bollocks - surely we need to add to our midfield?!

Numbers aren't a problem. Quality is. Getting rid of the dross is as important as signings.

We need to add quality. Not much point having Cleverly sitting on the bench if the manager doesn't think he's up to the job of coming on as a sub.

Had a look and it originates from this guy.

No idea who he is but a lot of his tweets are about Aston Villa. Villa fans may know who he is but I think you're right that it's probably bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.