Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will they do when Tottenham out the real free Guillem? Are you suggesting they'll include a confidentiality clause in the contract about the transfer fee? Then wouldn't Ronaldo know already?

Spurs are in a great position. Do the deal, leak the fee to Ronaldo after the window and have him put in a transfer request. Well done.

Imagine Gareth Bale being sold for an undisclosed fee.:lol:

Nothing wrong with player unveilings. It's all just a bit of fun and drama.

He mentions Lescott because Moyes kicked up a fuss when City signed him from Everton

Nothing to see here. Martinez is doing now what Moyes did at Everton: trying to maximise how much he gets for his players. What's laughable is that seasoned football reporters like Phil McNulty take all this at face value without examining the motives. Moyes is going to do what he thinks is best for MUFC now the same way he did at Everton.

How is it 'laughable' to say a manager wouldn't stand in a players way of a move to a bigger club? Loads of managers are happy to develop players and take the ££ that comes with it.

He mentions Lescott because Moyes kicked up a fuss when City signed him from Everton

Nothing to see here. Martinez is doing now what Moyes did at Everton: trying to maximise how much he gets for his players. What's laughable is that seasoned football reporters like Phil McNulty take all this at face value without examining the motives. Moyes is going to do what he thinks is best for MUFC now the same way he did at Everton.

McNulty is being a right touchy bell end in the comments on those tweets.

We don't pay licence fees to read opinions from journalists like McNulty; why should we give a damn what he thinks?

Pissed off with reporters thinking they're stars, and part of the showbiz that is football nowadays.

What's this knob on about?
This from Moyes?
"I definitely do but I also know that if I'd been Everton manager and Sir Alex had come asking for Leighton Baines and Marouane Fellaini, I'd have found it very difficult to keep them because I always felt the right thing to do was what was right for the players," he said. Everton described their former manager's offer for the pair as "derisory and insulting" but Moyes said: "I signed every player at Everton, so I know a lot about them. They are a great club and they are both excellent players."
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/23/david-moyes-marouane-fellaini-leighton-baines

Was Martinez really suggesting Kenwright was actually "upset" and "hurt" because Manchester United dared to offer £28m for two of their players? Laughable. Strange how he hasn't mentioned that. Or are negotiation tactics okay when Everton partake in them?

Was Martinez really suggesting Kenwright was actually "upset" and "hurt" because Manchester United dared to offer £28m for two of their players? Laughable. Strange how he hasn't mentioned that. Or are negotiation tactics okay when Everton partake in them?

Martinez is bandwagoning, with his comments about 'not remembering Manchester United ever acting in this way before'. Throwing out scraps for a gleeful media.

Status
Not open for further replies.