Music Tupac Shakur

The idea that Pac was all fart and no shit is nuts. Whichever way you pick.

Tupac was a poet. After Nas, probably the best lyricist of all time.

Tupac had one of THE defining flows in Hip Hop.

Biggie and Pac dying before their 26th birthdays was a travesty.

Bit of an odd dig to make, considering every rapper mentioned in this thread or the Kendrick one almost certainly has at least one white poster singing their praises
My mom dislikes rap and is completely out of touch with hiphop, yet enjoys 2pac. That says something 'bout Pac. I'm fine with people interpreting that as a "dig", but it certainly wasn't intended as such.

Not done discussing him, some people were calling him overrated in the Kendrick Lamar thread and thought we can move things to here. Also a good chance to re-share some classics.

To me he's the greatest to have ever done it.
If there are any LA residents, I'd highly recommend going to his museum exhibit (Wake me when I'm free).

I would say Nas is the best, but 2Pac is also in my top 5 along with Ice Cube, Rakim and Biggie.

GOAT for me. So much material in such little time. Tupac was a crazy guy and if you read about him it's not surprising he was killed, because he made many enemies.

I think he got too caught up in the thug life(style), because he could've achieved so much more if he didn't waste time dissing east coast rappers. It's understandable though cause he was so young. Still the music he brought out was amazing and it's a damn shame he died so young.

Biggie was great as well obviously, but I feel like there are more rappers on his level. Maybe I'll rustle some jimmies, but flow-wise Snoop isn't that far off Biggie. I don't know any rapper like Tupac.

I’ve listened to pretty much everything he’s made (even the pre-Aftermath stuff) and IMO he hasn’t made a good album since The Eminem Show in 2002. He’s been in massive decline ever since the 8 mile soundtrack.

His peak was phenomenal but he’s put out so much bad music since then.

After Encore came out, someone really should’ve given him a big ol’ bag of weed and got him back in the studio with Dre.

completely agree, I can’t be bothered with almost anything Eminem did after Eminem Show, it’s mostly garbage. Which is why his output post Revival has been such a. Pleasant shock to the system. Kamikaze and the two Music to be Murdered By albums, plus the Chloraseptic remix, EPMD 2 with Nas, and Caterpillar with Royce…. Sorry but that’s some seriously good shit and this is coming from someone who had checked out of his output for many years!

completely agree, I can’t be bothered with almost anything Eminem did after Eminem Show, it’s mostly garbage. Which is why his output post Revival has been such a. Pleasant shock to the system. Kamikaze and the two Music to be Murdered By albums, plus the Chloraseptic remix, EPMD 2 with Nas, and Caterpillar with Royce…. Sorry but that’s some seriously good shit and this is coming from someone who had checked out of his output for many years!

I'm the same I thought he was washed up after lose yourself he seemed to run out of ideas but his last three albums have been really good and puts him back up there in my opinion.

Agreed but I never understood why he is still trying so hard to give Skylar Grey a career.

Agreed but I never understood why he is still trying so hard to give Skylar Grey a career.

Fair! Last One Standing didn't really do it for me.

Bang with Conway the Machine, the leaked version, is another I forgot to mention of the "new Eminem". I'd actually go as far as to say that he has never been more on top of his game as a technician than in the last four years. You could take the albums and singles he has put out since 2018 and make a compilation which I would much sooner listen to these days than his first few albums. It helps that he's now using better beats, as there was a period of 10 years or so where it seemed like he was challenging himself with awful beats and it just wasn't fun to listen to.

Fair! Last One Standing didn't really do it for me.

Bang with Conway the Machine, the leaked version, is another I forgot to mention of the "new Eminem". I'd actually go as far as to say that he has never been more on top of his game as a technician than in the last four years. You could take the albums and singles he has put out since 2018 and make a compilation which I would much sooner listen to these days than his first few albums. It helps that he's now using better beats, as there was a period of 10 years or so where it seemed like he was challenging himself with awful beats and it just wasn't fun to listen to.

Yeah some of the features have been really good in recent years, the Conway song reminded me a bit of Renegade. I liked the song with Westside Boogie a lot - was a stand out for me as well as the one with Logic. EPMD as you mentioned was great.

If Tupac had been alive to have had a career as long as Eminem or a jay z have had he probably wouldn't be ranked so high. His all round package was very good and I'd have him as one of the best story tellers, but in terms of lyricism and overall rap ability he wouldn't be in a top 5.

If Tupac had been alive to have had a career as long as Eminem or a jay z have had he probably wouldn't be ranked so high. His all round package was very good and I'd have him as one of the best story tellers, but in terms of lyricism and overall rap ability he wouldn't be in a top 5.

i agree. i think it’s very much a case of:

jay from 5ive
vanilla ice
iggy azalea
amalgamated mumble rapper
another amalgamated mumble rapper
————-
tupac

John Barnes worked at WH Smiths every Christmas period when he was a teenager.
Apparently it is where he became such a gift(ed) wrapper. He could even wrap two packs at a time.
He didn't neglect his football though, he was able to perfect his corners whilst he was there.
Unsurprisingly they weren't too fond of his dribbling.

Probably the greatest ever IMO. Obviously all very subjective when you're talking about the absolute best and have the likes of Nas, Cube, Pac etc and I think it's easy for people to make an argument for whoever they prefer when it comes to the very best.

For me Tupac was the total package, had absolutely everything. It's crazy how there's quite a few opinions that his flow wasn't very good and how he seems to be disregarded as a lyricist at times compared to others. It depends what you're looking for but music isn't all about riddles and wrapping hidden meanings into everything, sometimes it's about breaking it down and connecting with people and if we're being honest, Tupac probably did that as much as anybody ever has in rap music which is why he had/has the impact he does.

Capable of hitting home with real emotion on I Ain't Mad At Cha, Only God Can Judge Me, Brenda's Got A Baby, Wonder Why They Call You Bitch, Dear Mama and plenty more. Then you had the harder stuff like So Many Tears, 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted, Ambitonz As A Ridah and so on. Then there's huge hits like California Love, How Do You Want It and plenty more. Capable of almost everything in the rap genre. Huge hits on the level of any rapper, real emotion, connection and feeling. He just had the ability to make most people feel everything he was saying. I'm not putting hardly any rap album above All Eyez On Me, just insanely good.

The nonsense about him being a studio gangster is laughable too, people bringing up that he did ballet and was a dancer, actor and so on. This is a guy that got shot 5 times and put his middle finger up and turned up the next day. A guy that went to prison. A guy that shot police officers. A guy that got mixed up with people like Suge Knight who couldn't be further away from being a studio gangster. He wasn't the fake dancer that some people try to make out and rightly or wrongly, all of these things added to the music and overall package of Tupac.

Best way I can describe him is he just made you feel every single word and song he did. Seems to strangely get disrespected by some, maybe because he became so big which sometimes turns people off. It's almost as bad as how underrated Snoop became simply because he became such a huge name and basically the biggest name in rap history, despite having possibly the greatest rap album of all time.

John Barnes worked at WH Smiths every Christmas period when he was a teenager.
Apparently it is where he became such a gift(ed) wrapper. He could even wrap two packs at a time.
He didn't neglect his football though, he was able to perfect his corners whilst he was there.
Unsurprisingly they weren't too fond of his dribbling.
Did you use that AI story generator? :lol:

Did you use that AI story generator? :lol:
When asked about his wrapping exploits, John replied humbly.
"Sure I can wrap two packs (at a time), but it's no biggie."

For the record, all my shite jokes are authentic, organically grown shite jokes.

I once had the honour of meeting B.I.G. and some of the Bad Boy crew in London. I was working as a political journalist at the time.
I asked a few questions about US politics (Clinton, etc.) and we had some laughs. Before I left I thought I'd check to see how clued up they were about UK politics.
"Could you ever see yourself voting for John Major?" I cheekily enquired.
The mood instantly changed, Biggie and his crew looked genuinely offended. I felt awkward but waited in hopes of a response.
He simply muttered in a dejected tone and turned away "we are no Tories us".

When asked about his wrapping exploits, John replied humbly.
"Sure I can wrap two packs (at a time), but it's no biggie."

For the record, all my shite jokes are authentic, organically grown shite jokes.

I once had the honour of meeting B.I.G. and some of the Bad Boy crew in London. I was working as a political journalist at the time.
I asked a few questions about US politics (Clinton, etc.) and we had some laughs. Before I left I thought I'd check to see how clued up they were about UK politics.
"Could you ever see yourself voting for John Major?" I cheekily enquired.
The mood instantly changed, Biggie and his crew looked genuinely offended. I felt awkward but waited in hopes of a response.
He simply muttered in a dejected tone and turned away "we are no Tories us".
:lol: very good

Can't help but notice he was unvaccinated. Just saying.

Surprised this never got bumped for his docu-series which I thought was amazing

Where can I watch it? I've heard it was a good watch.

Last edited:
DJ Vlad on YouTube interviewed every person that had either either direct or second hand experience with the shooting, from all cars involved.

All those police reports, all those high budget documentaries and of all people, a youtuber managed to get better answers as to how that night played out.

If you haven't watched them, you should. More insight than what you'll see on Netflix.