Transfer Tweets - Manchester United - 2022/23 | Follow the OP rules and check the quality of your sources before posting. STAY ON TOPIC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could rescue this window with 2 more major incomings; FDJ, Antony - £125m to go with £65M already spent Total £190M

And actually make some sensible decisions with outgoings; A Pereira 10M, B Williams 7.5M, V Lindelof 20M, A Telles 10M, A Tuanzebe 5M, P Jones Free, AWB 17.5M, D Henderson Loan 2.5M, Amad and Pellistri 2.5M loan - Total 75M
Net Spend £115M

Will be difficult but I’m sure most of these players have been offered to teams already. This would give us Prem 11of ;
D De Gea, Dalot, Varane, L Martinez, Shaw, FDJ, Ericsen, Bruno, Antony , Sancho/Rashford Ronaldo

Europa and Cup 11; T Heaton, E Laird, Bailey, Maguire, T Malacia, Fred, Mctominay, DVB, Rashford, Elanga, Martial
With Z IQbal, Garnaucho and Garner and C Savage getting game time.

If we come out after this window with these options most fans would be pretty excited

They wanted €100m from the beginning, but the lowest that they could go was the break-even price that they paid to Ajax, which was the €85m in total. We've basically taken them to their lowest possible point in our negotiations. You can either view this as a glass half-full (we are making them get €15m less than what they want) or a glass half-empty (we aren't making them be uncomfortable) situation. Personally, I don't mind United trying to build good relations with other clubs around them especially since Woodward made us look pretty bad to much of Europe, overall.
Thanks!

Guess i’m still expecting more, since Barca have a strong interest to get the deal done, and i’m under the impression FDJ has done little to increase his value since Ajax transfer. Happy if we get our target, not complaining about that, but feel we still have room to improve our transfer negotiation skills as a club.

We could rescue this window with 2 more major incomings; FDJ, Antony - £125m to go with £65M already spent Total £190M

And actually make some sensible decisions with outgoings; A Pereira 10M, B Williams 7.5M, V Lindelof 20M, A Telles 10M, A Tuanzebe 5M, P Jones Free, AWB 17.5M, D Henderson Loan 2.5M, Amad and Pellistri 2.5M loan - Total 75M
Net Spend £115M

Will be difficult but I’m sure most of these players have been offered to teams already. This would give us Prem 11of ;
D De Gea, Dalot, Varane, L Martinez, Shaw, FDJ, Ericsen, Bruno, Antony , Sancho/Rashford Ronaldo

Europa and Cup 11; T Heaton, E Laird, Bailey, Maguire, T Malacia, Fred, Mctominay, DVB, Rashford, Elanga, Martial

If we come out after this window with these options most fans would be pretty excited
I think the chance of getting another player from Ajax is slim to none this window.

Net Spend £115M

There's absolutely no way we will lose that many more players. We've already lost about 6.

We won't get rid of everyone in one summer nor will we fix everything we need to fix.

There's absolutely no way we will lose that many more players. We've already lost about 6.

We won't get rid of everyone in one summer nor will we fix everything we need to fix.

Two of that list have gone, Ronaldo looks like he’s off to Bayern, So maybe Lindelof and AWB stay and We keep 3 left backs, doubt that, Teles is off, Jones will clearly stay, Axel and Brandon never travelled so there off. Taith Chong off to Feynernood. We’ve lost Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Matic, Grant, Henderson, Pereira, Cavani already that’s (8), pretty sure we will lose another 4 or 5 this window, United find it easier for players to leave for pathetic transfer fees than we do to chase pipe deans for €80M

Net Spend £115M

Pretty shocked to see Lindelöf on that list since he’s been our most reliable CB last 4 seasons. Which is quite depressing of course. Because he’s not worldclass. But with Maguire, Bailly, Varane and Jones as competition - I guess you dont need to be worldclass to be a reliable squadplayer.

Anyway, I’d rather see we keep Lindelöf and let go of the real deadwood. The rest on the list is fine.

So that’s Malacia done, Eriksen done, Martinez pretty much done, de Jong pending, who realistically do we think we can get next? To me I feel like this might just be it once Frenkie is done.

So that’s Malacia done, Eriksen done, Martinez pretty much done, de Jong pending, who realistically do we think we can get next? To me I feel like this might just be it once Frenkie is done.

Eth said we were targeting attackers the other day, unless he's counting Eriksen there

I reckon if we can raise enough funds from sales then we'd likely go back in for Antony.

What I do love about these transfers, like Tyrell, is in the absolute dump we are as fans, we forget that for a lot of player singing for Man United is just absolutely crazy - look at their smiles. When you’re a fan of a club who is (or should be) at the absolute top of the game you forget that footballers are 1 in a thousand, so many don’t have good careers. Many could only have dreamed of going to championship level let alone premier league level. Signing for United is ridiculous.

What I do love about these transfers, like Tyrell, is in the absolute dump we are as fans, we forget that for a lot of player singing for Man United is just absolutely crazy - look at their smiles. When you’re a fan of a club who is (or should be) at the absolute top of the game you forget that footballers are 1 in a thousand, so many don’t have good careers. Many could only have dreamed of going to championship level let alone premier league level. Signing for United is ridiculous.

All that hard work, dedication, etc. and you finally get to the big show making life changing money.

Very true, easy to forget this sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.