Transfer Tweets - England/Scotland - 2024/25

The Everton fans think this is PSR trickery where Villa buys Dobbin then Everton buys Iroegbunam, both for inflated fees.

It is, but I think in our case we get a player that can help out.

It is, but I think in our case we get a player that can help out.

Yeah, just wondering if in a few years we'll be reading about this in a court case. Lawyer brain, can't totally turn it off.

So is the expectation that this is an Onana replacement and you'll keep Branthwaite another year.

The funny thing about Dycheball is that you can watch a tournament like the Euros and say the Slovenian RB who was player of their league this year as a 29 year old and think "that lad would do well for Dyche" though there does seem to be a shortage of proper wingers just trying to hit crosses and work hard around generally.

Yeah, just wondering if in a few years we'll be reading about this in a court case. Lawyer brain, can't totally turn it off.

So is the expectation that this is an Onana replacement and you'll keep Branthwaite another year.

The funny thing about Dycheball is that you can watch a tournament like the Euros and say the Slovenian RB who was player of their league this year as a 29 year old and think "that lad would do well for Dyche" though there does seem to be a shortage of proper wingers just trying to hit crosses and work hard around generally.

I think so. In my head this is like the Garner deal. Garner came in and wasn't an instant starter, he was a bit part player for a year before becoming an established player last season. My expectation is Onana will leave this summer and Gana next summer, so if Timmy takes the place of Gomes/Onana in the squad and gets part time football this year he could be ready for the next season. I wouldn't be surprised if the Roma Owner takeover allows us to sign another midfielder too.

The precedence was set with Juventus in Italy when they tried a similar tactic to circumvent Italy's own financial rules. They had several football officials charged, and they were also deducted points, initially. Something similar can happen with Villa and Everton if they aren't careful.

Saw bits and pieces of him last season. More a wide forward. Think tbh this is a bit of a PSR move. He might play the odd game for us but think we'll loan him out in January.

Was on loan with Derby in league one while with you guys so potential then for championship move.

Not sure that's a great move for either of them to be honest. Just can't be trusted to stay healthy. Everton will have done well to get a good fee for him. I imagine that would be the nail in the coffin for Branthwaite moving as well.

Not sure that's a great move for either of them to be honest. Just can't be trusted to stay healthy. Everton will have done well to get a good fee for him. I imagine that would be the nail in the coffin for Branthwaite moving as well.

He's in his last year of contract. We offered him a new deal but if it's the last big contract he will get, it makes sense for him that he'd want to try and go to a club pushing for CL and capable of potentially winning something.

For us it's a travesty really. He's going to be incredibly hard to replace because he's vital to the way Dyche plays football but we have tried with the new deal. All we can hope for is getting a decent fee, hopefully around the 30m mark.

Doris the tea lady next for £5m.

Aston Villa are doing some accounting hijinks. Every deal they’re doing has some player exchange element which seems similar to the Arthur-Pjanic swap to inflate values. Random name here being sold for 20 odd million definitely seems like a PSR focused hush hush deal.

I have never seen a club getting linked with as many players as Chelsea this window. We’re only in June!

Chelsea are being linked with just about every player in Europe at this point. The frustrating thing is it wouldnt be a surprise to see them sign anyone at a moments notice.

Source (Tier 3):

• OM and Everton close to an agreement on the transfer of Iliman Ndiaye
  • The Senegalese striker has already given his OK to join Toffees
  • A few details still to be ironed out before the white smoke