Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're just going to believe Mundo, who bullshit constantly simply to have a go at the club? Have fun :-)

As opposed to your opinion, which is renowned globally for it's validity? I'll make sure not to do so moving forward, didn't realise it hurt your feelings, sorry pal

Wait so if he goes that does mean we'll have ''Rashy" and martial as our only strickers? This in a team ready struggling to score goals :rolleyes:
Thankfully we are allowed to buy players, so we should be able to bring in a new, more suitable stricker if one is available.

i don't understand what happened to the Koulibay rumours. Napoli asking too much?

Looks that way. There are plenty of other good options around, all of whom are better than any of the CBs we have at the club.

Will we sign any of them? Who knows.

I'm really liking this drive we seem to be on to scoop up properly talented youngsters from around Europe. It might take a couple of years to bear fruit but it's a very positive change of tack.

This is getting daft now. Exciting at the same time because yeah we'll hopefully have some amazing players coming through soon, but we need first team players now.
I think it's great that we're investing so much in our academy. I doubt it's effecting our business for the first team in anyway.

This is getting daft now. Exciting at the same time because yeah we'll hopefully have some amazing players coming through soon, but we need first team players now.

Both of things are separate. Our youth signings have no bearing on senior signings. It's exciting without any caveat.

Ornstein was saying last night you're going to have a "low key summer". I wouldn't get your hopes up too much!

Meh balls to ornstein what does he know besides London..no I think this will be one of only 3 signings now. We didn’t need to bring in another expensive CB, but we’ve signed one on the cheap that’s rated enough to push into the first team, so that’s done.

Probably be a Midfielder and a winger/attacker to cover for the front three next. So I expect one of them will be marquee and that will be it for us.

The counter to your point is that, firstly, the fans (not the online community) will be far more forgiving to Ole than other managers.

Secondly, if fans can see that changes are happening, that an identity is being created, and that progression to a visible end-point is being made, there is also less likely to be a change of manager.

I agree with this.. I personally don't want to see any more marquee signings. Would prefer people devoid of ego hassels, which accompanies the big name signings.

I would be ok with our club not winning any trophy next year, as long as I can see a clear progression in terms of play and signings being made to fit our play.

Reactions: KM
Both of things are separate. Our youth signings have no bearing on senior signings. It's exciting without any caveat.

Yes. Sensible thing to do with the way the transfer market for established players is heading.

Ed’s doing a proper FM job, sweeping up all the potentials on the cheap. Good lad

Ed’s doing a proper FM job, sweeping up all the potentials on the cheap. Good lad
:lol: I follow all the other top clubs, any time they're close to signing a wonderkid I swoop in and pay way over the odds for them. End up with like 20 signings by September.

I completely back it but I wouldn't say they're separate. Especially players like James or potentially Longstaff - they're costing decent money. I'm all for it. But we really need to get star quality players this window.

Get Alderweireld. Simple choice and spend a year finding top quality CB we don't pay 90m for
Could be a solid approach. Spend the next year scouting the likes of Tah, Upemecano, Konate, Andersen, get an agreement made before next summer.

That said, while he's not worth 90m, Maguire would improve our defence more than Alderweireld.

Get Alderweireld. Simple choice and spend a year finding top quality CB we don't pay 90m for
Why would he choose to join us and leave spurs at the moment? For a young kid I agree one year out or CL is nothing but for a 30 year old not so much.

They are currently better than us, easy choice for him to stay.

It’s so obvious for only £25m. If the club really wanted him, surely he would have been in before preseason though? I get that they are trying to chase others CB’s first, but we could easily have went for Alderweireld plus another one, and got rid of Jones and Rojo.

Yeah, cause post Fergie United have a track record of taking their time with decisions and definitely not panicking...

It’s so obvious for only £25m. If the club really wanted him, surely he would have been in before preseason though? I get that they are trying to chase others CB’s first, but we could easily have went for Alderweireld plus another one, and got rid of Jones and Rojo.

Is his clause not active from July 1st like Griezmann? Maybe see some movement on it over the next couple of weeks if we can't get our first targets in.

:lol: I follow all the other top clubs, any time they're close to signing a wonderkid I swoop in and pay way over the odds for them. End up with like 20 signings by September.
:lol: Same I end up with about 5 wondkerkids in the same position and my squad is unbalanced as feck. End up being a chelsea and send them all on loan!

This. He's 30 but still has at least 2 years left in the tank. Sign him on a 3 year contract. If Ole is able to turn our fortunes around we can always activate De Ligt's reported release clause in 2-3 years and he'd be much more inclined to come here if we are challenging for trophies. If not some other CB is gonna come up in the next 2-3 years. At the moment there is a dearth of quality CBs who are available, Toby is the best we can do at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.