Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes time to recover from a serious injury. I think he'll get back to that per-injury level.
Not many can fully recover from serious injuries. Rose pretty much lost a whole season without showing any improvement of recovery. His role and his style heavily depends on his pace and fitness which from the state of him now back to a good level is a long long road.

We should be trying to sign Alderweireld. Him and Van Dijk at the back would give us a relatively strong back line.

Swap deal for Maguire. Jones + £15M
Swap deal for Alderwereld: Rojo + £15M (Poch would love this because Rojo is Argentinian).

That leaves room for one more transfer.

Would be great business by us. Get it done Window!

No thanks to Rose. He couldn't displace Young and Davies and is older than Shaw and probably would cost a lot more in wages.

Rose looked a shambles at the world cup, Young outshone him.

That's because Southgate preferred a WI. G back system, Rose would do better as an attacking left back then young.

Would he feck. Not on current form. The 2015-16 season Rose would but we haven't seen that guy for two years now and there's no indication he's getting back there based on recent appearances. He also looked a bit of liability defensively when he played, to me.

I've got a feeling that Levi also thinks Rose is not getting back to his previous levels, hence he's looking to flog him at a high price while memories of 15-16 still linger on some people's minds. He never willingly sells players that he rates highly.

Understand Alderweireld and Rose but why would they listen to offers for Dembele? I thought he was a pretty key midfielder for them?

Clearly a brief

If this is a media brief then it also clearly demonstrates that the ‘hard negotiator’ moniker is doing Levy no favours as clubs are unwilling to deal with him. As much as I prefer Alderweireld to Mina, I prefer more not dealing him to at unrealistic transfer fees, even in these heady days!

And before people retort with comments about him ‘looking out for his club’ should bear in mind that his strategy will ultimately alienate the whole of the PL and when they are struggling, will get no favours from clubs. End result...he is harming his own club!

Understand Alderweireld and Rose but why would they listen to offers for Dembele? I thought he was a pretty key midfielder for them?

31 and injury prone in his last year of contract.

He's getting old and reportedly feels the pace of the premier league is too much for him. Darren Lewis from the mirror was on talksport last night, and was discussing it.

That's because Southgate preferred a Wing back system, Rose would do better as an attacking left back then young.
Before his injury, Rose was ale to play well above Young level as wing back when Tottenham switch to 5 at the back occasionally to counter other team at 5 at the back. Tottenham switched to back 4 when Toby was injured yet Rose couldn't displace Ben Davies.

Would love that to be honest.

Yeah so would I. In the past couple of days, Spurs have briefed Toby is still available and Sarri's comments about Willian weren't too positive.

It'd leave us looking a hell of a lot more balanced, I just don't get why we've waited so long if we do end up going with Willian. The Alderweireld one makes sense as he's free to leave on the cheap next year

He's not renewing as he wants one last big payday and Spurs are not offering it. His contract expires at the of the season, so they're looking to sell.

If this is a media brief then it also clearly demonstrates that the ‘hard negotiator’ moniker is doing Levy no favours as clubs are unwilling to deal with him. As much as I prefer Alderweireld to Mina, I prefer more not dealing him to at unrealistic transfer fees, even in these heady days!

And before people retort with comments about him ‘looking out for his club’ should bear in mind that his strategy will ultimately alienate the whole of the PL and when they are struggling, will get no favours from clubs. End result...he is harming his own club!

The problem Spurs and Levy have is that Alderweireld has a 25m release in his contract from next summer onwards. And I believe foreign clubs can begin negotiating a free transfer from that point forward, too. And so if he wants to make money on him, he should sell in the summer. The problem United have is that Spurs would literally prefer to sell to ANYONE (even Arsenal and Chelsea) than United. Look at the Bale situation - we offered more than Real - our bid was rejected. Lots can still happen but unless Levy gets desperate (or needs the capital for new signings) I don't see them accepting a bid of less than 60m from United.

It's time we quit fannying around with Mina (if reports are true) and get Alderweireld in my opinion. He's older granted, but has a ton of experience in the PL and if fit one of the best CB's in the league and would instantly make us more solid. Then potentially we can turn our attentions to a RW.

As another poster said if we can tie up Alderweireld and Willian I'd be more than happy. Both make us better straight away and in Willian's case gives us much more balance.

He's not renewing as he wants one last big payday and Spurs are not offering it. His contract expires at the of the season, so they're looking to sell.
We should start low balling them for Toby and Dembele. Just to piss off that cnut Levy.

Hasn't this been the case all summer?
Getting desperate?

It has, yes. I think generally the crazy prices of the last two summers are causing a problems in terms of valuation of players. Especially in the EPL.

Like we're asking for 15-20m for Darmian on his last year of contract after a seriously unimpressive 3 year spell. Spurs are (allegedly) asking upwards of £50m for a defender who'll be available for £25m next summer. Chelsea are asking 70m+ for Willian and 200m for Hazard etc.

These valuations are high and preventing business from being concluded early so clubs are biding their time to see who blinks first. That's my take on it at least.

We should try do a deal for the 3 of them and include Martial in the deal.

We be sorted in positions we need plus Dembele. Midfield of Pogba, Dembele and Fred or Matic :drool: , Herrera, Perreria, Fellani as other options.

I know it won't happen tho!

We should start low balling them for Toby and Dembele. Just to piss off that cnut Levy.

I don't think he'd be pissed off by that, he'd just dismiss it out of hand.

However if we start bidding close to his asking price and then pull out at the last minute just as he thinks he's suckered us in, that might tick him off. Like what we did with R.Madrid and Morata last summer.

Sign Alderweireld and Mina.
Sell Rojo and Jones.
One can dream.

Depends. It's tempting to take a punt on Mina, but If Barcelona allegedly want 40m for him they are looking for suckers. They bought him for €10m only 6 months ago, have hardly played him and don't even have a space in the squad for him.

He had a decent WC and they're just looking to lure punters in and turn a quick profit on him, like he's a bitcoin purchase.

I'd offer them £20m and if they play hard ball they can feck off.

Depends. It's tempting to take a punt on Mina, but If Barcelona allegedly want 40m for him they are looking for suckers. They bought him for €10m only 6 months ago, have hardly played him and don't even have a space in the squad for him.

He had a decent WC and they're just looking to lure punters in and turn a quick profit on him, like he's a bitcoin purchase.

Even 20 mill would be a bargain for them, doubling their money in 6 months.
40 mill on the other hand is ridiculous, I guess they started the negotiations asking for a straight swap with Pogba

Everton offered £26m so that set the price higher than £20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.