Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere and Ozil over Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria and Mata?

Surely only three of the four for each would be playing? I don't see how you play Mata and Di Maria centrally together either. And yeah, I'd still take Arsenal.

Eighteen? :lol:

:lol: He can't be 18.

He was investigated last year, there's a thread on him on here and it's amazing.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/17-year-old-lazio-talent-joseph-minala.384316/

Robben? He's always looked 50+ even when he was a teenager. There was some pic posted of him as a young'un. We might laugh but if it can't be proven that he's not how old he says he is then why do we laugh at him when we don't at Robben?

Because no matter how bad our midfield is and how good Arsenal's, we almost always beat and dominate them. Arsenal are the least of our worries, Wenger has failed to address their weaknesses so far IMO.
I remember when we beat them 2-0 with Rafael, Fabio, O'shea and Park as our midfield 4 :lol:
That was just taking the piss

Surely only three of the four for each would be playing? I don't see how you play Mata and Di Maria centrally together either. And yeah, I'd still take Arsenal.

Something similar to City's 4-2-2-2 would allow Carrick, Herrera, Mata and Di Maria to play in nominally central positions behind Rooney and RvP. A 4-3-1-2 (or 4-4-2 diamond) would also allow the same. Not that I expect Van Gaal to use either of these systems.

I wonder if we might give Ajax one or two of our young prospects in the Blind deal.

Would be good for whoever to go over and get some experience in their squad.

I can't imagine a better place for some of our youngsters to go than Ajax. They would develop technically and would not be put under too much strain with so many games, as in the Championship.

Because no matter how bad our midfield is and how good Arsenal's, we almost always beat and dominate them. Arsenal are the least of our worries, Wenger has failed to address their weaknesses so far IMO.

I agree. I think they are unbalanced and especially when all their players are fit, Ramsey, Wilshire, Ozil, Walcott, Chamberlain, Sanchez, Cazorla, Arteta, Campbell. All talented players, but no real midfield bite. No viera! Sanchez is so obviously Wengers new Henry. I'm 100% sure he will try and mould him and use him as he did Thierry, but he definitely wasn't needed imo. Not blaming Wenger for buying him at all, he couldn't pass him up.

I think his assist numbers will be slightly lower for you lot due to the fact he won't be playing with players of the calibre that they have at Madrid.

I was thinking that but then I was thinking what if he has a more central role and scores more goals. From watching Real Madrid when Angel was on the wing I found Ronaldo was very offensive and to balance this out di Maria had to put a defensive shift in and he was tasked with providing for Ronaldo.

It is possible he will be asked to be very offensive for us so he might do even better numbers in goals but of course when he is needed to become more defensive as the demands of the situation change such as specific games or periods within a game, he will be able to.

We will see, most important is for Louis van Gaal to build a great team.

I still would back Arsenal's midfield (including Ozil in this) over that.

Well you would wouldnt ya? I think LvG is a Carrick fan but he knows he needs steal in the centre of the field. I really dont expect Fletcher to play much once LvG has his best eleven available. Im disappointed with these De Jong reports he could have done a decent job for us for a couple of seasons.

Well you would wouldnt ya? I think LvG is a Carrick fan but he knows he needs steal in the centre of the field. I really dont expect Fletcher to play much once LvG has his best eleven available. Im disappointed with these De Jong reports he could have done a decent job for us for a couple of seasons.

What De Jong reports? I agree, I think he'd be a great player for a three man midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.