Television Those About to Die (Amazon TV show)

For those who have entered this thread and watched this series, but didn't like it, consider watching both seasons of a recent series called Domina, which is about Livia Drusilla, Augustus Caesar's wife. It's excellent.

Also, assuming most have already watched Rome, then make it a point to watch I, Claudius. It's a 70's BBC series based on the popular novel, and it's the gold standard.

For those who have entered this thread and watched this series, but didn't like it, consider watching both seasons of a recent series called Domina, which is about Livia Drusilla, Augustus Caesar's wife. It's excellent.

Also, assuming most have already watched Rome, then make it a point to watch I, Claudius. It's a 70's BBC series based on the popular novel, and it's the gold standard.
I just rewatched I, Claudius recently. Holds up kind of well. Though it's a rather significant change of pace for people who only watch modern stuff.

It was recently cancelled wasn't it?

I just rewatched I, Claudius recently. Holds up kind of well. Though it's a rather significant change of pace for people who only watch modern stuff.

Yeah, it definitely can be, although, there is precedent of it in shows like House of the Dragon and GoT where many of the scenes are slow, deliberate, verbose, and full of political maneuvering and character development.

If folks want something interesting outside of Colosseum stuff, then it comes with the territory I suppose.

It was recently cancelled wasn't it?

Unfortunately, yes. It's typical, really.

This is a good ongoing series. It's all in archaic latin too.

67132.jpg

Just finished it. In the end it was enjoyable enough, but parts of it are hilariously bad. Why on Earth did the elder daughter suddenly become a voluntairy gladiator for instance. No reason whatsoever.

The giant crocodiles were cool though.

Just finished it. In the end it was enjoyable enough, but parts of it are hilariously bad. Why on Earth did the elder daughter suddenly become a voluntairy gladiator for instance. No reason whatsoever.

The giant crocodiles were cool though.

Yeah that was dumb, it's probably the writers trying to find something for her character to do as she was no use to the story once she was freed as a slave.

Unfortunately, yes. It's typical, really.

This is a good ongoing series. It's all in archaic latin too.

67132.jpg

Shame I enjoyed it. At some point someone will make a GOT style epic set in Ancient Rome that lasts 5+ years.

Thanks I'll check it out.