Television Those About to Die (Amazon TV show)

Speaking of Spartacus...wasnt there something going around they re working on a new series in the same universe?

Bc by Jupiters c*ck id love that.

Yes the House of Ashur. They'll ignore the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Spartacus and history it seems. There'll be no slave revolt and that devious Syrian cnut somehow becomes dominus of house Batiatus.

Sounds stupid, I can't wait.

Watched one episode and that is enough.

I can only presume Hopkins did it to buy his grandkids an island or something.

I watched the first episode last night, eh it didn't grab me. It was a bit slow is the nicest thing i can say about it.

I love shows about ancient Rome so I'll keep watching but I really hope it picks up.

I watched the first episode last night, eh it didn't grab me. It was a bit slow is the nicest thing i can say about it.

I love shows about ancient Rome so I'll keep watching but I really hope it picks up.
I'm 3 episodes in now. It went from terrible to sort of entertaining enough to continue watching.

Some of the acting is so bad though.

Yes the House of Ashur. They'll ignore the 2nd and 3rd seasons of Spartacus and history it seems. There'll be no slave revolt and that devious Syrian cnut somehow becomes dominus of house Batiatus.

Sounds stupid, I can't wait.

Yeah they said it was an alternate history. Inspired decision making. He's such a great antagonist.

I'm 3 episodes in now. It went from terrible to sort of entertaining enough to continue watching.

Some of the acting is so bad though.

Good to know thanks.

Yeah the acting seems a bit ropey. Usually with these type of shows it's one of the strongest points. But maybe they blew the budget on Tony Hopkins.

Yeah he was a brilliant character. I'm looking forward to it.

Thankfully it's the original writing and production team, so we can expect gold nuggets of quotes such as :-

"Words fall from your mouth like shit from arse"

"You counsel to suck the cock that pisses on me?"

"Condition? You kiss my cheek only to finger my arse?"

"and what, I wonder, does good Solonius receive for convincing me to spread cheeks and accept deeper ramming?"

Thankfully it's the original writing and production team, so we can expect gold nuggets of quotes such as :-

"Words fall from your mouth like shit from arse"

"You counsel to suck the cock that pisses on me?"

"Condition? You kiss my cheek only to finger my arse?"

"and what, I wonder, does good Solonius receive for convincing me to spread cheeks and accept deeper ramming?"

The dialogue was brilliant. :lol:

"That shit feck beckons me to the city only to spurn me like a thin-waisted whore. Once again the gods spread the cheeks and ram cock in fecking ass!"

Titus is such a terrible character. It beggars belief, I think you'd say in English.

The fascination for the dialogue in Spartacus on the Caf never ceases to amaze me!
It has arse and cock and ramming! Also boobs and more cock. Compared to this Show Spartacus is Citizen Kane or whatever movie hipsters pretend is the greatest high brow movie of all time.

Also, you meant, I stand amazed as fascination of Spartacus rivals length of Jupiter's cock.

Last edited:
It has arse and cock and ramming! Also boobs and more cock. Compared to this Show Spartacus is Citizen Kane or whatever movie hipsters pretend is the greatest high brow movie of all time.

Also, you meant, I stand amazed as fascination of Spartacus rivals length of Jupiter's cock.
Ah yes, Citizen Kane, a notorious hipster favourite!

It sort of falls half-way between 'Rome' and 'Spartacus' and that's not a good thing as it doesn't lean into one or the other.

'Rome' is impressively well-regarded for its historical accuracy, nuance, character work and intrigue.
'Spartacus' is entertaining for embracing all the hedonistic pleasures of sex, violence, gore, bad language and gratuitousness.

This tries to dance in between the both of them and ends up being the worse for it.

I will give it one major credit, though.........even above (from what I've seen) Ridley Scott's depiction of Rome. This show embraces the grittiness of the plebeian life and the grime of Roman underworld life. It also accurately portrays architecture and statues as having colour (red, blue, etc), much like in Pompeii. If Hollywood is guilty of anything, it's portraying Roman architecture as colourless, which is obviously not true.

Tbf, Ridley initially wanted to show the grim, dirty nature of the crowds in the colosseum but the studio weren't really open to the idea.

Tbf, Ridley initially wanted to show the grim, dirty nature of the crowds in the colosseum but the studio weren't really open to the idea.

What an odd interjection from the studio. It's already unforgivable that the buildings don't have colour, and now this? Whatever next, 21st century Hip Hop?

It sort of falls half-way between 'Rome' and 'Spartacus' and that's not a good thing as it doesn't lean into one or the other.

'Rome' is impressively well-regarded for its historical accuracy, nuance, character work and intrigue.
'Spartacus' is entertaining for embracing all the hedonistic pleasures of sex, violence, gore, bad language and gratuitousness.

This tries to dance in between the both of them and ends up being the worse for it.

I will give it one major credit, though.........even above (from what I've seen) Ridley Scott's depiction of Rome. This show embraces the grittiness of the plebeian life and the grime of Roman underworld life. It also accurately portrays architecture and statues as having colour (red, blue, etc), much like in Pompeii. If Hollywood is guilty of anything, it's portraying Roman architecture as colourless, which is obviously not true.

It does indeed that's partly down to this show being filmed on the same outdoor sets that were used in Rome and more recently Domina.

It does indeed that's partly down to this show being filmed on the same outdoor sets that were used in Rome and more recently Domina.
Having rewatched Rome recently I thought it looked extremely familiar at times.

Such a shame that good portions of that massive lot burned down in 2007. It explains some of the overuse of cgi as previously present structures no longer exist.

Domina is a really good series.

Impressed people actually chose to watch this, it looks painfully shit from the trailer.

How can the CGI be worse than Gladiator, a film 24 years old.

Such a shame that good portions of that massive lot burned down in 2007. It explains some of the overuse of cgi as previously present structures no longer exist.

Domina is a really good series.

Didn't know that a shame indeed. Rome's sets looked amazing.

Impressed people actually chose to watch this, it looks painfully shit from the trailer.

Probably doesn't have the same budget when stretched out across 10 hours of TV. That and with high demand of so many streaming services and shows currently in production it probably isn't as easy to get top digital artists anymore.

Didn't know that a shame indeed. Rome's sets looked amazing.

Yeah, they've had three fires. The first being the worst and the latter two being small and having no real damage to the set. Still, it was, and still is a massive set. The biggest standing set in the world. Hopefully at some point down the line they can expand the set and add in more temples, villas, arches, etc.

People who genuinely love ancient history will eat these kind of TV shows up, regardless of quality or accuracy, just for the fact that ancient-based TV series are scarce.

Oftentimes, the novelty of having time period recreated can be a driving factor, even when not done well.

I have sort of warmed to it after 7 episodes. Once you get over the fact it's cliche and predictable it's sort of entertaining.

Titus though......

Finsihed it last night. Wasn't on the same level as Rome but I enjoyed it all the same for what it is. Hopefully it gets a 2nd season.

Finsihed it last night. Wasn't on the same level as Rome but I enjoyed it all the same for what it is. Hopefully it gets a 2nd season.

You have to embrace it for what it is. I don't think anyone was expecting 'Rome'. It's a Starz show for one thing, and schlocky was always how it was going to play out.

My only real issue is that they just didn't give enough good material to Anthony Hopkins, to make use of his sheer acting ability.

Unfortunately, yes, he was that guy. But for good reason. One week prior he went to see the Pythia, the high priestess of the temple of Apollo at Delphi, and she prophesied this week of transfers. Suffice to say, not even Vesuvius's eruption prevented our guy from having one last "eruption" of his own.
A+ rejoinder.

You have to embrace it for what it is. I don't think anyone was expecting 'Rome'. It's a Starz show for one thing, and schlocky was always how it was going to play out.

My only real issue is that they just didn't give enough good material to Anthony Hopkins, to make use of his sheer acting ability.
Is it a Starz show? Thought it was from something else.

Edit: Peacock it is. Never heard of it.