Things about football that get you unreasonably annoyed…

British overrating of their players and their league. Even in Europe countries like Italy, Spain and Germany are miles ahead in quality still british people like to think they are up there.
British league?? :lol:

British overrating of their players and their league. Even in Europe countries like Italy, Spain and Germany are miles ahead in quality still british people like to think they are up there.
Eh? Players maybe but I don't understand how anyone can argue that PL is overrated?

Out of the last 7 CL finals, 5 have had PL representation, spread across 4 teams ( City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs). By comparison Spain has only had 1 team in the last 7 years ( Real Madrid 3 times), Italy was represented only once ( Inter Milan in 2023) and Germany twice ( one each for Bayern and Dortmund).

PL teams have far more money than their European counterparts and even mid table PL teams can easily buy top players from the Italian and German leagues. I don't understand what metric are you using to claim the PL is overrated.

Players covering their mouth when they speak on the pitch. You're not guarding state secrets, for feck sake.
The meltdown on social media when people thought they could lip read Rashford saying "what the feck am I doing here" makes it understandable that players want to protect themselves from being clipped up due to the unnecessary but inevitable hate campaign that would ensue.

The meltdown on social media when people thought they could lip read Rashford saying "what the feck am I doing here" makes it understandable that players want to protect themselves from being clipped up due to the unnecessary but inevitable hate campaign that would ensue.
And of course if they're discussing tactics or instructions the opposition will have someone looking at the feed and can pass on info to the bench

The unaccountability of referees.
Some can even go on mid-season 'Busman's holidays' to dubious club-owning nation states and still nothing ever happens to them.

The ref on a stick every broadcaster has where seconds after there's an incident they pipe up explaining how, even though we don't know what the decision will be yet, the referee's judgement will be right.

Fans who will randomly always refer to one of players in the team by their first name, but nobody else.

My friend will always list "Ryan" as one of his favourite all time players.

"Scholes, Cantona, Ryan and Keane"

Last edited:
Commentators using players' nicknames. Like Tyler used to call Firmino 'Bobby'. Used to make me cringe.

The ref on a stick every broadcaster has where seconds after there's an incident they pipe up explaining how, even though we don't know what the decision will be yet, the referee's judgement will be right.

Fans who will randomly always refer to one of players in the team by their first name, but nobody else.

My friend will always list "Ryan" as one of his favourite all time players.

"Scholes, Cantona, Ryan and Keane"

If I'm typing certain players names I'll use their first name or nickname if I can't spell their surname properly :lol: If I'm speaking it though I'll just absolutely butcher a difficult surname.