The Spurs thread | 2017-18 season | Serious thread - wummers/derailers will be threadbanned

Will Spurs finish in the top four in the upcoming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Davinson Sanchez is a bit crap. Whatever is going on with Alderweireld the Colombian is a massive downgrade.
He has had a poor game tonight but he has been absolutely superb this season. For a 21 year old kid he is very very good.

Davinson Sanchez is a bit crap. Whatever is going on with Alderweireld the Colombian is a massive downgrade.

Agree. His pace seems to bail him out of every situation - he gets caught out of position far too often and hasnt read this game well at all.

Such a dull lifeless performance from Spurs in this second half. The game was wide open at half-time as well.

Stop with the Spursy nonsense. Even we lost at OT.

City are a much better team than us. A few bad games doesn't change that.

Apart from the fact that Spurs are the most in-form clubs atm while City just lost their 3 most important games in this season in a row. Oh, and you won your last 2 home games against City. Surely thats a fact you should win this game or at least put a fight to win this game. MOst of people would've tought Spurs will win this game. You would be lying if you dont have hope to win this game.

That win over Chelsea away was massive for them!
Had they lost that they'd only be 1 point from 5th.

This place swings so wildly depending on outcome bias. Not long ago D Sanchez was being heralded and they haven't been missing Alderweireld. A bad game against the top team in the league and he's a bit crap :wenger:

Apart from the fact that Spurs are the most in-form clubs atm while City just lost their 3 most important games in this season in a row. Oh, and you won your last 2 home games against City. Surely thats a fact you should win this game or at least put a fight to win this game. MOst of people would've tought Spurs will win this game. You would be lying if you dont have hope to win this game.
Oh I hoped to win it of course but I certainly didn't think we would.

This place swings so wildly depending on outcome bias. Not long ago D Sanchez was being heralded and they haven't been missing Alderweireld. A bad game against the top team in the league and he's a bit crap :wenger:

Welcome to football, it’s all about the result not theories.

I've maintained that Sanchez is bang average since he got here and this season at Spurs has done nothing to change that opinion.

You sure it's not just some people on here rate him, and some don't?

It's a big forum

I think many of us hoped Spurs would add to City's current list of woes, plus delay the title celebrations a little longer. The manner in which they capitualted with very little fight in that second half was disappointing.

Vertonghen is absolute class, so composed. Alli was terrible, can't believe it's the same player I watched last season. Wasn't impressed by City tonight but Spurs were way too poor.

No Alderweireld, no party.

The club that get their mittens on him will be very lucky. By far the best CB in the league.

He has been superb for us.

I've watched him many many times this season and he seems the weak link in the defense. Whenever him and/or Aurier play I get the feeling that Spurs will concede.

I've maintained that Sanchez is bang average since he got here and this season at Spurs has done nothing to change that opinion.

If you've maintained that opinion that's good for you. It's the swinging from one opinion to another that's stupid. I appreciate football fans are hypocrites and love to cry woe is me when they're facing it, but love to give it out. But at least try and be subtle about it - it's very easy to wait for a defeat to proclaim these opinions.

He’s not good enough on the ball and that gets exposed against the better teams. We did that to him in the EL final. Of course he’s young and it’s his first season but for me Alderweireld has been the best CB in the league for the last few years and the revisionism has been a bit strange.

If you've maintained that opinion that's good for you. It's the swinging from one opinion to another that's stupid. I appreciate football fans are hypocrites and love to cry woe is me when they're facing it, but love to give it out. But at least try and be subtle about it - it's very easy to wait for a defeat to proclaim these opinions.

Vertonghen is a fantastic CB, Sanchez is not. That is what was reinforced after this game and it had nothing to do with Spurs losing.

Spurs are missing Alderweirld for sure. Sanchez isn't close to his level.

He’s not good enough on the ball and that gets exposed against the better teams. We did that to him in the EL final. Of course he’s young and it’s his first season but for me Alderweireld has been the best CB in the league for the last few years and the revisionism has been a bit strange.

Alderwereld has not started a league game since November.

Since then Sanchez has played in wins against Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and a draw at Anfield.

Vertonghen is a fantastic CB, Sanchez is not. That is what was reinforced after this game and it had nothing to do with Spurs losing.

Vertonghen is almost 10 years older. I remember Vertonghen when he was at Ajax playing his trade at left back, and how he was an accident waiting to happen in his early years in England. Give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.