Gaming The SM RedCafe League

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Tuesday's 4:0 victory against West Brom:

Oblak (93)

Baku (89) Kounde (92) Disasi (89) Hakimi (92)
Zakaria (90)⚽ Gomes (86)
Frimpong (92) -- Reyna (87)⚽ -- Sancho (90)➕➕➕➕⭐
Williams (90)⚽⚽

Subs: Santos (87), Debast (86), Bella Kotchap (86), Martinelli (84), Forbs (80), Sucic (85), Mara (82)
Suspended: Mbappe (96), Pulisic (91)
Did not travel: Bellingham (95), Van Dijk (94), Alaba (94), Trent (94), Stones (93), Rice (93), Goretzka (92), Pedri (92)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
MD18: Cardiff City (A)
MD19: Manchester City (H)
MD20: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)

Manchester United v West Brom fixtures this season

GameUtd PossWest Brom PossUtd Shots (SoT)West Brom Shots (SoT)Utd GoalsWest Brom GoalsUtd SoT Conv.West Brom SoT Conv.
25th Jun: Utd v West Brom​
71%
29%​
23 (12)
4 (0)​
0​
33.3%
N/A​
Combined
71%
29%​
23 (12)
4 (0)​
0​
33.3%
N/A​

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
All I can recommend is people join their discord and post the feedback in the #smw-chat channel: https://discord.gg/GzeNumUW
It really feels like a cash grab, before they announce they haven't got enough gold members to upgrade and they will close SMW down.

Your man Gerry seems like an employed WUM, no real players talk like that

Damien

Staff
I’m struggling with it to be honest.

I hope it doesn’t die.
I'm not gonna let it go without a fight. Probably pissing in the wind but I do urge as many as possible to post on the discord (thanks christy, Akash, Stain who have already).

Also, probably wasn't my smartest idea to post in it on a Saturday when the devs aren't in work and there are pillocks arguing between themselves which has meant what I've posted has got a lot of positive reactions from viewers but no chance of being seen by the devs. Some of my posts:

The thing is, the £20/year is a lot to ask for people who have been playing the game long term and seen the devs promise updates in the past which never came. @Biffout has even quoted from the latest announcement text which could, like they've said, give them an "easy out" for the updates not to happen at all. A few of us have suggested reasonable steps that could be put in place to increase the amount of players paying, while not putting the existence of long standing gameworlds at risk (no exaggeration):
  1. A Bronze/Silver membership tier which has transfers. Maybe £5 for Bronze with transfers and fixed sized shortlist and £10 for Silver with unlimited shortlist.
  2. Ability for existing game world owners to pay either a fixed fee or annual fee to make their own game world able to have transfers between any of the players no matter their status.
  3. Ability for gifting memberships - on the shop screen someone could put in another users username and when they pay, that person gets the membership which gives more income for SM.
  4. Ability for game world owners to 'buy' prizes for competitions if they wish, which are automatically given out to the winners of the league, cup, whatever.
Then there's investment in mobile app versions which are now non-existent on the major devices unless you downloaded the app years ago and once that is in place, can do cross-platform advertising. Like we currently are inundated on SMW with the new SM24 versions, they could advertise SMW on SM24 when the new mobile apps are out.

I do think what we would like is communication and acknowledgement of our concerns and that our feedback is taken on board. We've had a few messages in here from Chris Gore days ago, but in the June update its pretty much been said that they're going ahead without feedback taken on board.

Currently they're asking free members to take an AC-style "leap of faith", only this time people don't know whether there's a bale of hay or not at the bottom.

Message link: https://discord.com/channels/693414084770529372/922482919459668018/1256563811138142238

On "both sides" I wouldn't call anyone a warrior. I think for the most part we all want SMW to succeed but have slightly different experiences or takes. I've spoken with Lloydy a fair bit and he's a real great bloke from what I've seen anyway.

I think there are some people who are in game worlds that are mostly Gold or people intending to upgrade to Gold and won't be affected, loving the changes, while there are some who have run/been in GWs for years who don't want to see them vanish overnight as there are a significant portion who are reluctant to pay £20 given the promises for changes years ago which never occurred... and these aren't people who have need for most of the Gold features like managing in European comps, internationals or managing 50 extra clubs. "All" they want is to make transfers which is a significant part of a football management game.

Also worth taking into account that the bulk of managers in game worlds aren't ones which win lots of trophies - they finish midtable, battling relegation or whatever over a number of years - but they mostly stick with the game as they want to see the progress of the players they've signed. Putting that behind a £20 paywall will make a lot of them think "is it worth it?" and at the moment the answer is probably no.

We don't want to see the game go without a fight and have made reasonable alternative suggestions which would see revenue rise while not alienating/affecting the fans of the games which have stuck through thick and thin (mostly thin this past decade) too much.

From the June update announcement, the focus is on the majority who have reacted positively to the news, but from the survey that is 52-53% which is, without trying to make this political, the amount who voted for Brexit and we've seen how divisive that has been. I hope the 47% will have their feedback taken into account before September's changes.

Message link: https://discord.com/channels/693414084770529372/922482919459668018/1256632221624696843

I'll post there again on the Monday during their work hours. Don't know why they have both a "game-suggestions" and "feedback" channel - they both cover the same stuff.

Damien

Staff
Thursday's 1:1 draw against Cardiff City:

Oblak (93)

Stones (93) Van Dijk (94) Alaba (94) Hakimi (92)
Rice (93) Trent (94)
Frimpong (92) -- Goretzka (92) -- Pedri (92)
Bellingham (95)⚽

Subs: Kounde (92), Santos (87), Disasi (89), Williams (90), Zakaria (90), Sancho (90), Pulisic (91)➕⭐
Suspended: Mbappe (96)
Injured: Baku (89)

Key:
⚽ = Goal
➕ = Assist
⭐ = MOTM
= Subbed off
= Subbed on

Next three games:
MD19: Manchester City (H)
MD20: Wolverhampton Wanderers (A)
MD21: Leeds United (H)

Manchester United v Cardiff City fixtures this season

GameUtd PossCardiff City PossUtd Shots (SoT)Cardiff City Shots (SoT)Utd GoalsCardiff City GoalsUtd SoT Conv.Cardiff City SoT Conv.
27th Jun: Cardiff City v Utd​
57%
43%​
13 (7)
7 (1)​
14.3%​
100%
Combined
57%
43%​
13 (7)
7 (1)​