The Rise of the Right Wing In Ireland.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
For clarity, thats not a Wexford accent, certainly not a Wexford townie accent, no mentions of "sahn" or "hun", and not a strawberry in sight.

Eyepopper

He had the aura of a Wexford man. If the far right targeted Wexicans we'd all get onboard.
Shur we're all sound down here sahn, well apart from Mick Wallace.

He's a Wicklow man I'd bet, they're famously lacking in identity and insecure having Dublin and Wexford as neighbours.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I for one am not shocked that international social media users who have convinced themselves that London is some sort of warzone from thousands of miles away are exploiting this with Ireland too.

Do I think Ireland has a legitimate rising right wing? Sure - because it has always carried a social conservatism and religious adherence coupled on top of the fact it was a tax haven for big business which is at odds with how other British left publications I've read treat a country like India which also has a long and violent past of being subjugated by the British. They aren't romanticised in the way Ireland is. Everyone holds India account for moving right under its current government and the attitudes of its modern population. That's always been a strange dichotomy to me.

What the Irish government has done in the last two weeks is give the Tory government here a route to complain about hypocrisy which they have gleefully taken by saying "hey now the problem of migrants is on your turf you want us to do the Rwanda plan you previously deemed horrible". And then it gives rise to the argument if Ireland wants to send them back to the UK, why can't the UK send them back to France and France to Albania. Before you know it we have completely dehumanised human beings by all referring to their existence as a problem and as "them". That's something which will raise the salience of right wing politics everywhere so it's not unique to Ireland in that sense.
Helen McEntee is maybe the most inept politician I can remember. At least those republicans and tories in the US and Uk are effective at being cnuts, she just seems to do absolutely everything completely wrong. How the feck they ever let her get into such a position of power is insane? Everything under her is falling apart.

Eyepopper

:lol::lol:

If only there was a means of putting them somewhere people can't reach them. fecking smooth brain.