Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 28/29 | Playoffs, here we come! | Can the MJ Suns repeat? | BasketballGM

Heat with a win now move despite having no chance to win now

Wth is Memphis and Timberwolves on? I’d like some of that shit…

20 y old Nowitzki and 2 first round picks… One or those that Houston team…

Grizzlies are just batshit crazy

27/28 All Star Weekend Part 1 New
27/28 All Star Weekend Part 1

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Stobzilla II (Celtics > Lakers > Timberwolves), Lil-Nut (Timberwolves)
VauAAda.png

pqGecVA.png

Standings

NF66kvg.png

hN7zsch.png

League leaders

VjDYPW5.png

tS5atdD.png

RKXB6sT.png

Trades

Two Nil & reelworld II (Knicks)
Dv0C1zl.png

Dan II (76ers)
QBDzOKH.png

sontodevil (Heat), Lil-Nut & Stobzilla II (Timberwolves)
r9snGDH.png

Dr. Junior (Grizzlies)
rvmQ540.png

Dan II (76ers)
FcbQKQf.png

sontodevil (Heat), The Cub (Nuggets)
wxdtk1x.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks)
ywWjfBU.png

All Star Events

Slam Dunk Contest

S8BNaVR.png

3P Contestants

M9Getn1.png

All Star Teams

8R5Nve6.png

n6MIBw3.png

3 Point Contest and All Star Game in Part 2.

27/28 All Star Weekend Part 2 New
27/28 All Star Weekend Part 2

@hobbers @weetee @Solius @altodevil @Salt Bailly @reelworld @V.O. @Skizzo @Heine @Dr. Dwayne @Dan

3 Point Contest

u7mxYGg.png

1st Round - 4 advance
Jalen Green: 17
Keegan Murray: 25
Jaden Springer: 24
oPTyiiu.png

YCYnEfx.png

dKzeQZP.png

0Z2tBvq.png

Ag47FsQ.png

Dan II, weeweetee, reelworld II and BenitwoSTARRLET advance to the 2nd Round.

2nd Round - 2 advance
3FIVMvP.png

GbbLoBO.png

WDbE8bX.png

rllT1IF.png

We need a tiebreak round between reelworld II and BenitwoSTARRLET.
cbDNQoa.png

x2ToV0J.png

It's Dan II against BenitwoSTARRLET for the win. Despite their combined 9 wins, this has only happened twice before, in 2018 (Dan II won 30-28) and 2021 (BenitwoSTARRLET won 29-26)

Final Round
ibJTQ8V.png

f5C2JqP.png

Dan II wins it, for the 5th time!

3FSiIsp.png

All Star Game

wfCHnai.png

vlv9pjj.png

Another win for the West! Some good shooting settled it.

fUe2Bix.png

Bcf6vwv.png

All Star History

2tF1wg5.png

27/28 End of Regular Season New
27/28 End of Regular Season

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Final standings

0uOXoEs.png

The East isn't quite as strong as last year, but that's still 9 teams with a positive MOV. The biggest change is at the top, though, as the Knicks are the only 60+ win team remaining. The Nets and particularly the Skizzlet-less Hawks seem a bit reduced compared to last year. Then there's a very large group of pretty good 45-46 win teams, including our lads in the Bucks (Pepper Bailly), Pacers (Sonius) and Pistons. Of those only weeweetee has to get through the play-in tournament to make the playoffs. Also in it we'll have Dan II and sontodevil, though the latter in particular might be up against a difficult challenge. SebJr is just happy to still have a career, one suspects.

oai2Snm.png

A slightly worse East, and a far stronger West. Lil-Nut and Stobzilla II will have to brave the play-in tournament with Minnesota, but last year their record would have put them 3rd in the conference. Dr. Junior and Lil' V.O. have made it to the playoffs directly, with varying levels of good form to follow them in. Sadly, the same can not be said for The Cub, who yet again misses out on the chance for glory. More surprisingly we find Skizzlet at the very bottom. I hope the Spurs GM employs bodyguards, because I can only assume Skizzlet is looking to hurt him for making the trade that took Skizzlet from runner-up to worst team in the league.

Play-in

OIZ6WSv.png

u23yLeh.png

The Timberwolves are through! Very strong performance by Lil-Nut.

QFnwL1k.png

This loss means the Pistons will have to beat the winner of the 76ers and Heat to make the playoffs.

eEYoPWq.png

The man who can do everything except score, versus the man who can do nothing except score. Scoring wins.

JcgjTjS.png

mxmcM58.png

Dan II drops 30, but weeweetee and the Pistons prove too strong!

azhEjgh.png

Clever. All the Cafites are clustered on the same sides of the brackets, so we're ensured at least one Cafite in each Conference Final.

2NjlWb0.png

Player stats

ykAZcrL.png

League leaders

jC3iU9K.png

WPNfZgm.png

iqmgAGd.png

Nice one. Thieved that last automatic playoff berth after a pretty dodgy start.

Hope I can stay half decent while Baylor develops.

27/28 Playoffs 1st Round New
27/28 Playoffs 1st Round

@Dr. Dwayne @V.O. @Heine @P-Nut @Stobzilla @oneniltothearsenal @weetee @Salt Bailly @Solius @hobbers @BenitoSTARR

1fuUnTk.png

The favourites making short work of the underdogs here. Dr. Junior and Stobzilla II both foul out in their games, while Lil' V.O. comes damn close. Then you have the nice boys Lil-Nut and Heine.

ztPw6EE.png

More favourite wins! Sonius and weeweetee really have games they'd like to forget.

ZQaBttA.png

A great performance by Nobbers, and the Nets take an easy series lead!

Atlanta Hawks (1) 126-118 Chicago Bulls (0)
Phoenix Suns (1) 108-96 Los Angeles Lakers (0)
Los Angeles Clippers (1) 124-102 Dallas Mavericks (0)

T8s8zY2.png

I'm beginning to think Stobzilla II and Dr. Junior are the enforcers on their teams, as they both foul out again.

jwhPdPp.png

It's not a great sign for the Pistons that weeweetee can have a good game while Two Nil and reelworld II have pretty meh games, and the Knicks still win by 30. Meanwhile Sonius leads the Pacers to their first win.

MnyaczG.png

Another very good game by Nobbers, but this time the Celtics take a close win! Nobbers with 22 attempts from three, which strangely enough isn't even a personal record (he has the all-time record of 26).

Atlanta Hawks (1) 101-111 Chicago Bulls (1)
Phoenix Suns (2)
108-86 Los Angeles Lakers (0)
Los Angeles Clippers (1) 111-120 Dallas Mavericks (1)

laYyz84.png

So close, but the Grizzlies take the lead! Dr. Junior with the 37 point monster performance. Lil' V.O. actually has an even better game, with 23/22/7 (and 11 blocks!), but it's just barely not enough. Gilbert Arenas with the coveted negative GameScore after 31 minutes minutes played.

OaThHE2.png

What even is defending? There can't be much if the losing team had all starters with 17+ points. Scottie Barnes the difference here, clearly. Stobzilla II fouled out again. Obviously.

goDEer8.png

weeweetee with another one to forget, though his team are heavy underdogs in any case. That's unlike the other game, where the Bucks and Pacers seem very well matched.

z6nJum9.png

No amazing performances from the Nets starters, but no truly bad ones either - but still they lose. Elton Brand showing why he's the future of the league (step aside Jordan, LeBron and soon Wilt).

Chicago Bulls (1) 117-119 Atlanta Hawks (2)
Los Angeles Lakers (0) 101-104 Phoenix Suns (3)
Dallas Mavericks (2)
128-116 Los Angeles Clippers (1)

F0ePkET.png

Huge win for Memphis, and the series is looking in danger for Sacramento. Dr. Junior leads the way with another high-scoring performance. Lil' V.O. plays well, but he's probably not going to be dropping 30+ points too often. If everyone else on the Kings don't perform... well, this might be over soon.

h4zmpMU.png

Speaking of series that are over: this one! Lil-Nut and Stobzilla II go down fighting, though in the latter case it might have taken the form of actual fighting - Stobzilla II fouls out again. Lil-Nut's amazing 43 point performance still leaves the Timberwolves trailing the Thunder by 10 points. Heine isn't matching the scoring, but nor does he need to.

YDooeGx.png

No sweep for the Knicks! It's a close one, but the Pistons at least have something to build on now. Two Nil with a very strong triple double, but it isn't quite enough.

MjIuXl4.png

Another close game, but the Pacers take a commanding 3-1 series lead! Another great Sonius performance, both offensively and defensively. He needed every bit of it, as well, as the remaining starters combined for half the GameScore of their star. Pepper Bailly has a very good game himself, but the +15 +/- paints a very clear picture of what happens as soon as he's on the bench for a few minutes.

dOJuo0p.png

Chicago Bulls (2) 118-82 Atlanta Hawks (2)
Los Angeles Lakers (0) 89-109 Phoenix Suns (4)
Dallas Mavericks (3)
124-123 Los Angeles Clippers (1)

zIUPaVw.png

Only two points in it, but this one is over! I'd say the biggest difference between Memphis and Sacramento is that the former has Josh Giddey.

6RnfrCg.png

Another decisive 4-1 series. Two Nil and reelworld II both showed that they've still got it, even as they significantly are closer to their last season than their first. weeweetee did what he could here, but the New York Knicks were too strong, as expected.

hrn7sYD.png

And here's yet another 4-1, and a very comfortable one this time. Pepper Bailly did not have the best of games, but he's still somehow got a +/- of +6. The only disappointing aspect for Indiana is that Sonius picked up an injury. Though it's minor enough that it shouldn't matter too much, particularly given this was just game 5 of the round overall.

CYPAe5Y.png

It's a 4-1 epidemic. This one is definitely the most surprising one, though. The Nets weren't massive favourites or anything, despite being the 2nd and 7th seeds, but I didn't think the Celtics had it in them. Another Elton Brand masterclass does it, though.

Atlanta Hawks (2) 96-116 Chicago Bulls (3)
Los Angeles Clippers (2)
108-101 Dallas Mavericks (3)

Chicago Bulls (3) 91-101 Atlanta Hawks (3)
Dallas Mavericks (3) 134-135 Los Angeles Clippers (3)

Atlanta Hawks (4) 107-105 Chicago Bulls (3)
Los Angeles Clippers (3) 116-118 Dallas Mavericks (4)

Well, this makes it easier for me at least! Only four sets of Cafites left, and they'll face each other in two games.

3Xdeoqc.png

It feels like a last chance for a championship for us suffering Knicks players.

27/28 Playoffs 2nd Round New
27/28 Playoffs 2nd Round

@oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Heine @Dr. Dwayne

mfrZtvk.png

kgjIADg.png

The Pacers take game 1! I didn't see this coming at all. Though maybe I should have, given how many times the Knicks have failed as heavy favourites. The fact that this was the result of a game where Sonius got an early shower and Two Nil played out of his mind is... promising. Unless you're the Knicks.

LI0Cavd.png

A close one, but the Grizzlies take game 1! The Thunder had the better team performance, but the Grizzlies had Josh Giddey. Can't argue with 49 points.

DKlYlTV.png

RMKvYZg.png

The Knicks make it 1-1! This time reelworld II makes up for his awful game 1 performance. Sonius has another good game, but it needed to be even better to beat a fully contributing New York team.

wsTd4DH.png

1-1 in the West as well! If there are going to be any 2nd Round sweeps, they won't involve any Cafites.

B0ihEVh.png

sVitbHE.png

Another high-foul game from Sonius, and another great game by Two Nil. The only thing that's different from game 1 is that this time reelworld II plays as well. So obviously the result is another win for Indiana???

vblaNUO.png

Memphis grab the lead back, and this time it's not all down to Josh Giddey. Dr. Junior doesn't have a groundbreaking performance or anything, but it was good. Heine's was good too, I suppose, but he's for sure going to need to contribute with more than 11 points.

oFJ0F6y.png

0NWvkZp.png

This time Two Nil is the one to foul out half-way through the match, so obviously the Knicks go on to win the game. I don't understand this series.

i6YkOEe.png

That's the second time in this series the Thunder have lost by 3 points. Heine is the better Cafite this time, but as we've seen in the other series, the important thing is apparently who fouls out. And this time that's Dr. Junior. Probably for the best, with how he was playing, but a win is a win!

Yjsb2kp.png

yOuNIZi.png

Screw defending! Sonius leads the way with a great 27/23/10 triple double, and the Pacers are just one game away from returning to the Conference Finals after a 2-year absence.

QvE44dP.png

Well! I guess that's one way to go out. This one was honestly over after Heine got injured half-way through the 1st quarter, which his team proceeded to lose by 14 points. But when Scottie Barnes got injured 20 minutes later... well, there's no coming back from that. Though incredibly, despite suffering from a torn ACL and then a fractured food, Scottie Barnes' ratings haven't been impacted at all (which they often are with those injuries).

I guess we should also acknowledge Josh Giddey's 53 point performance, a career playoff high (and making him only the 10th player ever to score 50+ in the playoffs.

kT0VCr5.png

P5fG5qy.png

We game sevening? We game sevening!

9ciRfNE.png

DMJ52VU.png

The Knicks are the winners! I have to say, the highest scorer in a playoff game 7 getting 19 points seems crazy. I guess the Knicks compensated by having fully 8 players with double digit points. reelworld II with the oppressive +31 +/-.

Please, let's get some Cafites into the NBA Final! At least we won't get a Clippers threepeat, but I fear that if the Suns get started here they're going to build a hell of a dynasty. Also props to the Celtics, who are in their 19th straight playoffs.

EKOgIgz.png

27/28 Playoffs - Conference Finals New
27/28 Playoffs Conference Finals

@Dr. Dwayne @reelworld @oneniltothearsenal

FcR1EjM.png

D24m24w.png

The Suns take game 1, and not even a 42-point Josh Giddey performance could stop them. That's not a great sign. Dr. Junior needs to step it up!

0Ya7AIC.png

Easy 1-0 for the Knicks! Two Nil with a disgusting 29/23/10.

4UCVe7T.png

2-0! Is this going to be easy for Phoenix? Dr. Junior with a better game, but it's countered by Giddey having a way worse game.

9VgcNBU.png

Another easy one for New York!

jv5daqO.png

The Grizzlies strike back! Dr. Junior is getting better and better, which is exactly what Memphis needs to beat the insanely stacked young Phoenix team.

6nkvSRr.png

Only 2 points in it, but the Celtics prevent the 0-3! It's a weird one, as the three best New York players all had as good or better games than the best Boston player. I guess that's why they call it a team game.

MlfyV1m.png

Two 37-point performances from the Grizzlies, and this one is back at square one! Michael Jordan with the 38 points for the Suns, but the rest couldn't match him.

OmrnITI.png

A big swing in Boston's favour compared to the first 3 games, and this one is also back to the starting point!

or4VX5O.png

From 0-2 to 3-2 for the Memphis Grizzlies! Dr. Junior with the nightmare 6/2/2 and 6 fouls performance... though he had a +11 +/- at that point, so maybe there were some intangibles in there somewhere? Either way it doesn't matter, as Josh Giddey drops a casual 45 points to compensate.

X8t1Miz.png

The Celtics have also taken it from 0-2 to 3-2! What a thriller this is turning out to be - only one point in it as well! Two Nil's 29/15/14 was barely not enough. reelworld II had the worse game, clearly, but he also had a +1 +/-, somehow. It's also notable how the Grizzlies won the 40 minutes SGA played by 15 points, in 48-minute game they lost by 1 point.

b97ge1R.png

Well, game 7 here we come!

rrwvc1W.png

I don't fecking believe it. This Boston team is not that good, yet they've pulled out a 4-2 win over the much stronger Knicks. And it's not like New York played particularly bad either, including in this game. The Celtics are clearly greater than the sum of their parts.

AueQu8N.png

And there goes our last Cafite! Dr. Junior is out, but he really grew into the series, and can't really be blamed for how it went down. And it's not like the Grizzlies were supposed to be much of a challenge for the Suns, so a thrilling 7-game series is more than anyone would have expected.

Yeah, so this is going to be the first NBA Final without a Cafite since 2015. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

QhTRpbN.png

Finished bottom of my conference and still have the same chance of winning the final as all other cafites.

Poor old Knicks, always the ugly cousin of the bridesmaid, never the bride.

2028 NBA Final New
2028 NBA Final

2yfTGgv.png

Preview

Last 5 meetings

Phoenix Suns 95-101 Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns
103-96 Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns 109-114 Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns
106-78 Boston Celtics
Phoenix Suns 119-117 Boston Celtics

Last 10 seasons

Phoenix Suns