Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 28/29 | Playoffs, here we come! | Can the MJ Suns repeat? | BasketballGM

A Heinekid would be the only one left in the sim for about 15 seasons after everyone else had retired :lol:

If people want to start having grandkids, I could run this forever. It might get old though, there seems to be waning interest already. The worst case would be if it just ended with a whimper.

If people want to start having grandkids, I could run this forever. It might get old though, there seems to be waning interest already. The worst case would be if it just ended with a whimper.
A rerun after a break might be good with new characters and new players.

26/27 Playoffs Conference Finals New
26/27 Playoffs Conference Finals

@hobbers @BenitoSTARR @Skizzo @Dr. Dwayne

Sl42yER.png

XEptek7.png

Two monster performances, one on each side! Nobbers with the 39/10/6, but he was upstaged for once by Skizzlet's 37/19/1 (and 10 blocks!). That's the best Skizzlet has played all season, and it truly came at the right moment. Actually, that was the best he's ever played.

cr0HO19.png

Not one to remember for Dr. Junior, though the rebounds and assists were there. Josh Giddey isn't going to be able to beat the Clippers on this own; they've got one of the very best starting 5s in the league. Maybe the best.

j2zchCL.png

Nobbers with another good performance, at least as far as points go. But it's not going to help when fully four Atlanta players bettered his GameScore. BenitwoSTARRLET is yet to find her shooting form.

CKZf4Pp.png

2-0, and it comes with a free injury for Gary Payton. He'll be back, but those do still matter. I wouldn't say Dr. Junior had anything but a bad game, but somehow his +/- is +4? Whatever he was doing (including going 1-7 from three) was working, I guess.

j2NrSxq.png

How many shooting guards does it take to beat the Atlanta Hawks? Answer: either more than 3, or fewer than 3. Let's see if the injury to Kevin Huerter shakes things up.

lzwVDVM.png

Defence is not on anyone's mind in this series, it seems. It's a better showing from our man, but it's simply not enough when four LA starters score 22 or more points. Joshua Primo and Evan Mobley seems like a pretty damn solid pairing.

5v1z46F.png

The sweep is off! Nobbers with another 35+ point performance, and this time BenitwoSTARRLET joins him with a good game of her own. Skizzlet with the eminently forgettable performance - unless the Nets come back and reverse sweep now, in which case nobody will forget it.

YCsq8nE.png

The closest one yet, but close isn't going to stop the Clippers from sweeping the Grizzlies. Even Evan Mobley going off with a knock, or Josh Giddey playing out of his mind, couldn't stop it. Dr. Junior might be disappointed, but the Clippers were heavy favourites, and I'd say the 43-39 Grizzlies should be more than content with their playoff performance.

DGofia2.png

The Hawks do it! It's a close one here as well, but it's sealed by another phenomenal Skizzlet display. Game 1 was his best performance all season (and also ever) - this was the second best performance of the season.

Final Preview

WJdU5t4.png

1lKl2jo.png

Los Angeles Clippers
gDhpHt6.png

Atlanta Hawks
mfJ21ps.png

Good teams - think I'll plump for the one that has a 21 year old Tim Duncan as a rotation piece l.mao

Yeah that might the way.
If you do a player rerun you should make it different somehow. Maybe much lower total stat allocation? All on the same team with 99 year contracts etc

Rerun but we have a limited team choice and end up making mini dynasty’s together?

So 5 players go to team X and 5 to team Y etc?

Then teams have to decide who goes for what build etc?

Then you could do real life CAF player trades where team captains can ask to swap a player or two over at end of season?

26/27 NBA Final New
26/27 NBA Final

@Heine @sebsheep @Dr. Dwayne @The Cat @Skizzo @altodevil @Solius @Dan @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Salt Bailly @hobbers @BenitoSTARR

omBACRS.png

Preview

fmXGOOr.png

Los Angeles Clippers
51uTdDb.png

Atlanta Hawks
hk2s8Q5.png

Last 5 meetings:

Los Angeles Clippers 86-114 Atlanta Hawks
Los Angeles Clippers
101-95 Atlanta Hawks
Los Angeles Clippers 125-115 Atlanta Hawks
Los Angeles Clippers 133-125 Atlanta Hawks
Los Angeles Clippers 91-127 Atlanta Hawks

Last 10 seasons:

Los Angeles Clippers
zHz6QeS.png

Atlanta Hawks
GAJBBIm.png

LR1xzKE.png

Game 1 goes to the Clippers, who have an astonishing eFG% (effective field goal %) of 62%. Skizzlet won't be too happy with the way he played, particularly compared to his stellar performances against the Nets.

yEnZxLz.png

2-0! Atlanta with the marginally better shooting this time, but LA were better in every other way. The Hawks did lead heading into the 4th quarter, though, so they've got every chance of turning it around if they can avoid late collapses. It's also encouraging that every starter had at least a decent game. Unfortunately for them, Evan Mobley had an outright fantastic game for the Clippers.

XZHsoly.png

Is this just over? A better game from Skizzlet, and a far worse one from Evan Mobley, but still the result is much the same. This time it's Joshua Primo with the dominant performance, getting a smooth 30/10/10 triple double.

TKUb9iI.png

It's a Finals sweep! Skizzlet was in the process of building his performances up to the required level, but it doesn't matter when this time both Evan Mobley and Joshua Primo have great games. Are the Clippers building a new LA dynasty here? That's two in a row now, and they've got a younger team than much of their competition.

GqHyZKl.png

Playoff stats

ubNS1Mk.png

League Leaders

iqthBPI.png

JVaKGoG.png

k3mihIo.png

So he cheat codes past us and then wets himself in the final. wow

26/27 Season Review New
26/27 Season Review

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

PWReUoB.png

Regular season

sF2tu2N.png

FJWM88j.png

Awards

zqvo2KO.png

jSOoNvt.png

LTonvax.png

Combined Stats

wVnW5Zg.png

Feats

ChorCVm.png

Ray2i7G.png

CgBm1M3.png

8RAZO2Q.png

League News

GAe1mZj.png

yXWKj6q.png

Draft Preview

Expected top 10
FmzXvvs.png

Good news everybody! The Suns moved up in the draft again, and will get the 2nd pick. They really needed that bit of luck after drafting Michael Jordan* (I said LeBron, but he went to the 76ers) last year.

Draft lottery
uo1So8B.png

League History

3upBafl.png

All Star History

u9LZsXR.png

Next up: Draft and Free Agency

Last edited:
2027 Draft and Free Agency New
2027 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Draft

UcdvWL4.png

9NpYHEQ.png
BLCbTmL.png

Free Agency

gwL6giJ.png

Fy5B2EH.png
KSWWTL9.png

Trades

Stobzilla II (Pistons > Rockets), weeweetee (Pistons) - Houston are not interested in building for the future after losing weeweetee and Lil' V.O., and you're not their real dad anyway.
aJmtYOc.png

Dan II (76ers), Skizzlet (Hawks) - am I crazy or are these some extremely cheap stars?
mk07dif.png

sontodevil (Heat) - Miami busy doing... something, I assume.
Pr5Cp1o.png

Lil-Nut (Timberwolves), Pepper Bailly (Bucks)
t85XamR.png

Lil-Nut (Timberwolves)
3L52LS7.png

Heine & SebJr (Thunder)
6X014pa.png

Dan II (76ers)
C0eIzY9.png

The Cub (Nuggets), Lil' V.O. (Kings) - Cleveland should be trying to hire the Kings negotiators.
4bGgIho.png

The Cub (Nuggets), Stobzilla II (Rockets)
F6FLsgN.png

weeweetee (Pistons), Dr. Junior (Grizzlies) - Kevin Durant, you're a Detroit Piston!
RhhSEO8.png

Dr. Junior (Grizzlies), Stobzilla II (Rockets)
WLdpoGP.png

Stobzilla II (Rockets) - just a lot
VejJT9f.png

Sonius (Pacers) - Pacers just casually picking up four 1st round picks.
WfBIhOg.png

Next: 27/28 Season Preview

@weetee Of course we ended up on the two dirt worst teams in the NBA :lol:

Pretty promising draft/trade moves for Sacramento though, I guess...

No currently good teams had any chance at affording you. But Houston was definitely not for the future anyway, so this might be something. Also you could always tear up your contract and roll the dice next year again. I'm going to be pretty lenient with that for the final few years of this, but just remember the grass isn't always greener :smirk:

Edit: also your teams did just draft Bill Russell and Elgin Baylor.

:lol:

I‘m just glad we won that one title at least. Was contemplating early retirement. Detroit at least has an interesting club scene or so I‘ve heard.

Just adding some new trades before the season preview:

Heine (Thunder), SebJr (Thunder > Raptors)
g0tqkhx.png

Stobzilla II (Rockets), Dr. Junior (Grizzlies)
XMWrHBo.png

Dan II (76ers)
5lgOteS.png

Heine (Thunder), sontodevil (Heat)
wMLt5FQ.png

The Cub (Nuggets), Dr. Junior (Grizzlies)
fQxBnzg.png

Lil' V.O. (Kings), Skizzo (Hawks)
lvAFAFt.png

Dr. Junior (Grizzlies)
SetO5fP.png

27/28 Season Preview Part 1 New
27/28 Season Preview Part 1

Repeating this in case sebsheep didn't see it:

g0tqkhx.png

Power Rankings

mKFrlrI.png

Team Finances and Strategy

rgY8LJP.png

Preview

yBA7gGK.png

HQ0s8kq.png

Players

SebJr - Toronto Raptors (31-51)

sVXm13j.png

GpY86v5.png

SebJr is getting old. He's not quite the oldest Cafite in the league, but that's because the corpse of Stobzilla II is still around (and doing surprisingly well, presumably due to some form of basketball necromancy) - though Kevin Durant is older than them both at 40. Whatever his age, SebJr now finds himself on a rather bad team. They're not the worst we've seen - by far - but if the Raptors made the playoffs I'd be shocked.

Lil' V.O. - Sacramento Kings (23-59)
LehXxiW.png

Ry7JrMe.png

Last year the Kings had the worst record in the league (together with the Pistons). This year? They might be good. I guess that's what happens when you sign Lil' V.O. and draft Elgin Baylor. They've got a chance to build a good team for the future, but they'll rely on Antawn Jamison to sign a new contract, and if he's going to do that they'll need to be good right now. Thus: Lil' V.O.

Dan II - Philadelphia 76ers (54-28, 1st Round)
VTV7zPv.png

3p60yZC.png

Look, it's LeBron and the boys! The Philadelphia team is getting on a bit, but maybe the draft then rapid improvement of LeBron James will widen their playoff window just one or two more years? They're a bit too much like that classic great player + fair players composition, which rarely wins rings. But who knows? Dan II can still shoot, that's for sure, so they might as well give it a go.

Heine - Oklahoma City Thunder (39-43, 2nd Round)
94c9sUe.png

OjVtlAm.png

Heine is old but still great, but this Oklahoma City Thunder team is beginning to look like those late era Spurs and Rockets teams, with a largely great starting 5 and very little beyond that. You really would expect them to do better in the regular season than last year, though, as long as Scottie Barnes can stay fit (knock on wood). After that... well, anything can happen in the playoffs.

Two Nil & reelworld II - New York Knicks (62-20, 2nd Round)
WsgoeTF.png

8pPA8gD.png

LZzFObG.png

Speaking of aging teams: it's the New York Knicks! I feel like it's been like this forever. Though to be fair, that's just because Two Nil and reelworld II have been at it for a decade now, together with SGA. All three are still very good to great players, though, and behind them there's little sign of the rot that usually kills these teams. The squad is pretty deep, and there are young and promising players coming up the ranks. Another championship attempt, anyone? Preferably one that doesn't end in the 2nd Round this time.

Lil-Nut - Minnesota Timberwolves (27-55)
DQklxp4.png

ArxloDw.png

At 26, Lil-Nut is the youngest Cafite in the league, as he'll remain until the very end of the experiment. You'd think that would be a big advantage as far as winning stuff goes, but considering the invasion of legends, that's not at all certain. Though at least for our man it's meant that he's suddenly a teammate of 20-year old Allen Iverson. There are better teams around, but the best team hasn't always won the championship. Dare he dream?

Traded again? I must be setting records for that.

Prepare to be surprised!!

Feels like the youngsters didn't take as big a leap as I was hoping for. Still all young so need them all to take the leap at the same time.

27/28 Season Preview Part 2 New
27/28 Season Preview Part 22

@Skizzo @The Cat @hobbers @Salt Bailly @BenitoSTARR @Solius @weetee @Stobzilla @Dr. Dwayne @altodevil

Pepper Bailly - Milwaukee Bucks (53-29, 1st Round)
PNPmA7t.png

mQX09H6.png

My first instinct wouldn't be too claim that the Milwaukee Bucks are particularly good, but that then comes up against the fact that they easily made it to the playoffs last year. And if anything they should be better this year, with Pepper Bailly and several other players getting better. They don't quite have that superstar level player, but they've got 4 players who could plausible take turns playing that role - or at least find it in the aggregate. It seems like Pepper Bailly isn't quite done with this basketball thing yet, so this should be interesting!

sontodevil - Miami Heat (45-37, 1st Round)
YWbWmjl.png

Nm3eKIL.png

sontodevil is declining, yes, but he's still one of the best defenders and passers in the league, and thus also one of the best players in the league. As always, the challenge for his team is going to be putting enough scoring around him to compensate for the fact that he's not into that sort of thing. I wouldn't put money on the Heat going particularly far in the playoffs, but they've definitely got a decent shot at getting there.

Dr. Junior - Memphis Grizzlies (43-39, Conference Finals)
u0BviMf.png

sXt3MHt.png

That's a lot of green. Not only is imminent-old-man Dr. Junior getting better, despite diving head first into his 30s, but the rest of the Memphis Grizzlies team is filled to the brim with improvement. When that includes superstar Josh Giddey, anything can happen. Their record wasn't particularly impressive last year, though that was in a conference full of far less impressive records, but they did make it to the Conference Finals. They got swept by the Clippers there, but then so did the amazing Hawks in the Final as well.

Sonius - Indiana Pacers (57-25, 2nd Round)
lElgVBv.png

7NL1VWS.png

Coming off a combined MVP and DPOY win, Sonius is heading into his 30s with some measure of grace. There's no massive decline. Actually, there doesn't seem to be any decline at all, except for some slight loss of physicality. It's really hard to predict how his Pacers are going to this year, after making it to the 2nd Round of the playoff last year. They're good, but are they going to be good enough to deal with the Hawks, Nets or Knicks? With the reigning MVP on the team anything is possible, I suppose.

Stobzilla II - Houston Rockets (30-52)
jlA8vuP.png

NB6ACEf.png

Speaking of aging gracefully, here's 39 year old Stobzilla II, getting better. He can't run or jump, and he can only play a very limited number of minutes per game, but he'll give you something significant in those minutes. And it's not like the weeweetee & Lil' V.O.-less Houston Rockets are going to have particularly lofty ambitions in the first place. They're bad, but it's also not immediately obvious that they're as bad as one could expect. On top of that they've got quite a few younger players. Let's see if they can pull off the rebuilding process.

weeweetee - Detroit Pistons (23-59)
SZM9bpj.png

yEd2kGZ.png

Speaking of weeweetee... well, here is is! The Pistons were the joint worst team in the league last season, together with the Kings, and Lil' V.O. and weeweetee clearly felt the call of solidarity in their hearts when they each joined of them. But bad teams (usually) means good draft picks, and that's how weeweetee finds himself playing next to young Bill Russell. And it's not like they don't have any other good players. So... the Detroit Pistons are good?

The Cub - Denver Nuggets (38-44, 1st Round)
pz0VRbj.png

R8robNk.png

The Cub is getting old. Well, he's been getting old. But don't let anyone tell you that he can't still put in a shift. I'm pretty sure he'll be a perfectly playable Center right up until the moment when coaches decide he's literally unplayable. And that's not going to be this year, that's for sure. After getting another little taste of the playoffs last year, he no doubt wants more. I'm just not quite sure he's going to get it. I guess it depends on how strong the West is this year.

Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET - Brooklyn Nets (63-19, Conference Finals)
enPiQWx.png

5mKHCsm.png

TCLUeOh.png

The Brooklyn Nets were very good last year, though getting trounced by Atlanta in the Conference Finals must have been disappointing. But despite Nobbers and BenitwoSTARR being, respectively, in and close to their 30s, they're still great players. Nobbers even improved, at the predicted cost of some physicality. Overall I'd say the starting 5 got a bit better, and the bench got significantly better. That doesn't mean the record is going to match last year's, which saw the Nets feed on a historically bad West, but the goal has to be the Playoffs, then NBA Final, then a ring.

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (66-16, Runners up)
ZcefBdo.png

pEmkoUj.png

After a very disappointing NBA Final sweep last year, Skizzlet will no doubt he looking for revenge. While the man himself declined ever so slightly, his team very probably got even better. This is probably particularly important when it comes to the top 3 players, meaning Skizzlet isn't relied on to provide everything in the biggest games.

Up next: the (cafless) rest.

Rubbish start, looks like losing to that bedwetter really shook us up

27/28 30-Game Update New
27/28 30-Game Update

Skizzo (Hawks > Spurs) - I don't know what's more funny - that the Hawks made that trade or that Skizzlet has produced more than all 5 of them combined.
SYtIJNj.png

Stobzilla II (Rockets > Celtics)
0VmPJ4k.png

SebJr (Raptors > Hornets)
fDtwfnE.png

Standings

5xQ7OBS.png

hLFRZsq.png

Award Race

7FJ50dR.png

d4nPCuc.png

Trades

Two Nil & reelworld II (Knicks), Heine (Thunder) - classic "many good players for one great player" trade.
xq9ED7M.png

Dan II (76ers)
TNuQx5X.png

Stobzilla II (Celtics), Lil' V.O. (Kings)
1avDTbN.png

Dan II (76ers), Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets)
n2IbxCY.png

Sonius (Pacers)
3EEJBb9.png

Sonius (Pacers) - Dr. Junior (Grizzlies)
YinSaG4.png

TDwXxFd.png
SefVQT1.gif

sontodevil (Heat)
xCH7TSe.png

Lil-Nut (Timberwolves)
Moty9k2.png

That's a batshit trade.

I was sure it'd be me getting traded for Skizzlet or Sonius, given the Nets have 3 starting SGs.

Last edited:
Quoting myself for clout

27/28 30-Game Update

Skizzo (Hawks > Spurs) - I don't know what's more funny - that the Hawks made that trade or that Skizzlet has produced more than all 5 of them combined.
SYtIJNj.png

Stobzilla II (Rockets > Celtics)
0VmPJ4k.png

SebJr (Raptors > Hornets)
fDtwfnE.png

Standings

5xQ7OBS.png

hLFRZsq.png

Award Race

7FJ50dR.png

d4nPCuc.png

Trades

Two Nil & reelworld II (Knicks), Heine (Thunder) - classic "many good players for one great player" trade.
xq9ED7M.png

Dan II (76ers)
TNuQx5X.png

Stobzilla II (Celtics), Lil' V.O. (Kings)
1avDTbN.png

Dan II (76ers), Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets)
n2IbxCY.png

Sonius (Pacers)
3EEJBb9.png

Sonius (Pacers) - Dr. Junior (Grizzlies)
YinSaG4.png

TDwXxFd.png
SefVQT1.gif

sontodevil (Heat)
xCH7TSe.png

Lil-Nut (Timberwolves)
Moty9k2.png