Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 25/26 | Playoffs: 1st Round - Games 1-3 done, 4-7 to come next | Basketball GM

Winning every season but he outdated facilities apparently are too much.

Also RIP Solius. Is there a hall of fame ranking or is it just a collection of players?

It's just a collection, but there is a GOAT list in the game, which you can design yourself. I got an algorithm from the internets, and this is currently it:

6MhNBfo.png

Note that the score includes both career stats and "best season" stats, so it's not like everyone is going to pass you just because they're younger than you.

Benito over Durant is a joke. Durant was relevant every year.

So yeah, as long as one of Heine/Sonius stays I will also stay. If both fail to renew then I break my deal as well.

They both left. Of course, them both leaving means the Spurs have the most available money, so they'll probably sign one of them back (or maybe Dr. Junior). But there's no guarantees, if they really don't want to play for the Spurs. Also the Spurs might just sign some of the other players on the market instead.

It's so long ago, but BenitoSTARR did win 2 rings, 5 MVPs, lots and lots of All League and All Defensive, multiple Dunk Contest and 3P Contest, All Star MVP, etc.
Keep going I’m close…

They both left. Of course, them both leaving means the Spurs have the most available money, so they'll probably sign one of them back (or maybe Dr. Junior). But there's no guarantees, if they really don't want to play for the Spurs. Also the Spurs might just sign some of the other players on the market instead.

Is there no way to just put the 3 of us into the market and block us all from resigning with Spurs.

Is there no way to just put the 3 of us into the market and block us all from resigning with Spurs.

I could just un-sign you, I guess? It is maybe a bit silly that players sign with the teams they just left.

Edit: it might not be entirely feasible, given they will have a lot of free salary. I'll see if it's doable.

@Heine you signed with the Spurs, after first refusing to re-sign with them. Do you want to stay there anyway, or try for another team? Nobbers and Sonius are gone. Jamal Murray is still there, though - and they still have some money to spend. Up to you.

Lets be a loyal club legend for now and rather find a way out later if needed. Me and Murray should still be a good team and I can maybe get better stats now

If I end up somewhere shit and impoverished I'll just boycott the thread.

2023 Draft and Free Agency New
2023 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Draft

Top 10
ERFR92Q.png

11-60
7cCBNHx.png

fXHwdZC.png

Free Agency

pMpC0r3.png

AwMYnKL.png

jnLWUMs.png

I am still not sure if Nobbers only has a 1 year contract because I made a mistake when ending his contract with the Spurs, or if the game actually made him do it because no team would pay him what he wanted (basically what weeweetee and Heine got).

I'm just happy the super superteam is done.

Trades

Heine (Spurs) - I guess the Spurs aren't resigned to being bad quite yet!
eOtQPOu.png

xVt0MG5.png

sontodevil (Grizzlies)
3ZsJLo6.png

2N5rMw9.png

SebJr (Kings), Dan II (76ers) - two teams daring each other to be bad.
D2Yxwdo.png

SebJr (Kings)
EmfZXw8.png

Nobbers (Cavaliers) - that's a pretty pro-active move. If they only have one year of Nobbers, they clearly don't want to just sit there.
BMZmn6w.png

Sonius (Pacers) - Probably a decent move, assuming Didi Louzada hasn't peaked already.
j2RzWdZ.png

Dr. Junior (Thunder)
XnKSavo.png

yFoJ9ss.png

The Cub (Trailblazers)
ZsPLdy6.png

The Cub to his front office:
BYQ3ST0.gif

Whoops, I knew I forgot something. The game made it up to you, though.

L3UdSQu.png

(Also you wouldn't end up anywhere better with all the big boys on the market)

We'll take the rise, but I was hoping to go somewhere better as one of the crap players on the team :lol:

Come join me in Spurs instead The Cub, the team has a pretty proven track record

I guess it is Houstons ring to loose this year? Them or Knicks

Come join me in Spurs instead The Cub, the team has a pretty proven track record

I guess it is Houstons ring to loose this year? Them or Knicks
The Cub would love to but it seems he is too busy counting his cash - what a waste of a career.

Of course in a more realistic sim I would only consider offers from 8 or 9 teams in the NBA and would go to whichever of them offered the most.

If I end up with a more than 1 year contract on a team like Cavs or Grizzlies I'd rather retire

Of course in a more realistic sim I would only consider offers from 8 or 9 teams in the NBA and would go to whichever of them offered the most.

If I end up with a more than 1 year contract on a team like Cavs or Grizzlies I'd rather retire

Yeah, but then those teams would have to have supermax money available. It's not like great players usually go to great teams in real life either. Durant is the exception, but you've basically had the Durant experience on the Spurs.

Yeah, but then those teams would have to have supermax money available. It's not like great players usually go to great teams in real life either. Durant is the exception, but you've basically had the Durant experience on the Spurs.

Does the sim not give you projected spending power for each team each season?

This should be an interersting season. Main goal is to do better than the Judases leaving

Nimic, if nobbers had stayed, would Spurs still have been able to sign me? Asking to make Hobbers regret his decision if your answer is yes :)

I like that (apart from Knicks) it looks like it should be a pretty equal year with many teams being able to fight for playoffs

Just when the evil empire is destroyed, I‘m on the decline.

Nimic, if nobbers had stayed, would Spurs still have been able to sign me? Asking to make Hobbers regret his decision if your answer is yes :)

I like that (apart from Knicks) it looks like it should be a pretty equal year with many teams being able to fight for playoffs

What decision?

I said I only wanted to break my contract if both of you left. Not my fault you went straight back against the bounds of realism. It's all farcical anyway.

I'm not entirely sure they could have afforded both of you, given your salary demands.

hobbers is going to hobbers, there's no pleasing him.

Finally that ugly dynasty is gone. We finally get a chance now to finally get a title!

23/24 Season Preview - East New
23/24 Season Preview - East

@oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Stobzilla @Dan @Solius @Salt Bailly @hobbers @P-Nut

Two Nil, reelworld II & Stobzilla II - New York Knicks (64-18, Runners up)
6qGyKAJ.png

7ckt80c.png

Pg4fo1E.png

Ro9Gycx.png

If there's ever a time for the current iteration of the New York Knicks to win a championship, surely that time is now. The San Antonio Spurs have beaten them in the last 3 NBA Finals, and while there's no guarantee the Houston Rockets wouldn't have beaten them anyway, it would definitely have been a bit easier. And now the Spurs are broken up. Ironically that break-up might initially make things even harder for the Knicks trio, given that two former Spurs stars (Nobbers and Sonius) have made their way to the East.

The Knicks are certainly comparable to the team they were last season, with Stobzilla II showing the toughest decline - though he's 35, so he would, wouldn't he? I suspect he'll be pretty much exactly as effective a player either way. Two Nil and reelworld II only change marginally, and the two best non-Cafite players in New York even improved a little. Is this their year?

Lil-Nut - Miami Heat (35-47)
RGSH9sY.png

KIKeXVO.png

The Miami Heat are basically the same team they were last season, and that season ended with a disappointing 35-47 record and no playoff. So why would we expect anything different this season? For one, there's been marginal improvement basically across the board in the team, which should be enough for a few more wins, at least. More significantly, however, there's the difference between a 70 rating Lil-Nut and a 76 rating Lil-Nut. 76 is proper superstar territory, and even though there are better players around the league, any well-constructed team with a player that good leading it has a chance. I guess it only remains to be seen if the Heat are well constructed.

Nobbers - Cleveland Cavaliers (27-55)
gLGENtW.png

AVgvMMJ.png

When you look at Nobbers' accolades - multiple MVPs, six rings, finals MVP, all league, all star, all defensive, scoring leader, etc - it's hard to imagine a player with less reason to be pessimistic. And yet, I contend that no player is less happy than the green machine. In his defense, the Cavs are pretty bad. At least they were before he joined, but I honestly suspect they'll be pretty bad still. At least it's only for a season, which I believe is all Nobbers would give Cleveland because $37.37 million is all Cleveland would give Nobbers. I don't think not winning for a single season is going to make or break his career.

Pepper Bailly - Milwaukee Bucks (48-34, 1st Round)
3f06f3D.png

gFERd1K.png

The Milwaukee Bucks actually look pretty decent, on paper. They were pretty decent last season, both on paper and in reality. Not good enough to make a deep playoff run, perhaps, but plenty good enough to get there. And while the squad has seen both improvement and decline, the equation leans heavily in favour of improvement. Particularly when that improvement partly came for players who were already plenty useful. Pepper Bailly himself got a bit worse, and also a bit better. The net effect will have to be decided on the court. Certainly playoffs should be the goal, even in a more challenging East.

Sonius - Indiana Pacers (28-54)
PKUdGEU.png

8gDVUH3.png

Speaking of a more challenging East, here's half the reason! Sonius was already good, but now he's even better. He decided to leave the Spurs after many successful years. His new Indiana Pacers are clearly significantly worse than his former team were, but it's a nice new challenge. It's also an opportunity for Sonius to prove that he can be more than just the third wheel. If he can lead the Pacers to success (whether or not that includes a ring), his legacy account will certainly grow. Can they win anything? If the starting 5 stays fit, they can certainly make a fair go at it.

Dan II - Philadelphia 76ers (46-36, 2nd Round)
wH2ZLIs.png

55iSimJ.png

Dan II is the 3rd, almost 4th, best player on the Philadelphia 76ers. Dan II is also undoubtedly the best player on the Philadelphia 76ers. I guess that's the sort of paradox you get when you create a player who is really, really, really good at shooting, and at least initially not that good at anything else. He's taken some massive steps since his entry into the league, though. For one, he actually knows which basket to shoot at now. If there's anything that could sink the 76ers, it's their complete and utter lack of a decent Center.

Up next: the West