Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 25/26 | Playoffs: 1st Round Done, 2nd Round next! | Basketball GM

@weetee Fecking finally! Looked like we were in no position to capitalise on the collapse of the evil empire, but we've managed to carry those other three scrubs over the line somehow.

@nimic Have a 48 win team (or worse) won the whole thing before now in the experiment? We're looking like the Greece 2004 of the NBA. :lol:
we earned it the hard way. I have no photoshop anymore but imagine that Kobe&Shaq champ image remastered.

Congrats Houston, weetee and V.O. Will be interesting to see if you can repeat

23/24 Season Review New
23/24 Season Review

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

VAp6BAV.png

Regular season

iwiku4f.png

fs3yawq.png

Awards

Congratulations to Heine! He may not have won another ring, but he got his first MVP and his first DPOY.

8HBEMPW.png

CIBSzxe.png

Stats

bchmQCF.png

Feats

s3R6eAl.png

jRAz3rA.png

1ny9gwA.png

QdicUS6.png

bVI9MVb.png

League news

4WxShMF.png
nAilUYw.png
CkNoqH1.png

UJPOZx9.png
HBgDl4Z.png

dzeJdQ3.png

Draft lottery and preview

mjvAFsj.png

Predicted top 10:

fmgPyRg.png

Full Experiment history

SFo9ztS.png

Did I sign some Chelsea type contract with these guys?

If I end up in Memphis or Charlotte I either want to immediately break my contract again or retire.

MVP and DPOY, joining the greats now :D I can live with not getting a ring, for this seasom…

Memphis should be a great spot to end up tbh, with Wemby and enough cap to get 2 of the listed players / get depth.

I read that we re-signed Murray from this, hoped we would have some cap for a good center, but wasnt to be :/ We need to trade Ant most likely, unless he develops well and we can play smallball all the time

I dont think the metrics get any worse than the Pelicans do they

But of course shit facilities only drive players out of teams. Tired of changing in a portacabin at Spurs and Cleveland but apparently happy to downgrade to a truck stop toilet.

I dont think the metrics get any worse than the Pelicans do they

But of course shit facilities only drive players out of teams. Tired of changing in a portacabin at Spurs and Cleveland but apparently happy to downgrade to a truck stop toilet.

You're certainly touring cheap teams. Well, the Spurs weren't cheap, they just spent so much on your wages that they couldn't afford coaches.

Just noticed the post about bkn and magic, nothing on hayes, but ffs phnx, it’s Magic!

2024 Draft and Free Agency New
2024 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly @altodevil @P-Nut @hobbers

Draft top 10

Va9JqQs.png

Draft 11-60

D2Shww9.png

KjaW0VM.png

Free Agency

mFXS2h4.png

Trades

Skizzlet (Hawks)
F2wiewz.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks)
89bieG9.png

Nobbers (Pelicans) - New Orleans going for it!
6SnUhA8.png

Heine (Spurs) - San Antonio... not going for it?
AZUeXid.png

OVK0SG8.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets)
WtxFrpM.png

BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets), Stobzilla II (Hornets) - huh?
r8VNqIL.png

BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets), The Cub (Nuggets) - huh????
H2QmnaA.png

The Cub (Nuggets) - okay that one's fine
cbGPJH1.png

Stobzilla II (Hornets)
Wi2VEDI.png

sontodevil (Cavaliers), Heine (Spurs)
gH2cUpy.png

Skizzlet (Hawks), Lil-Nut (Warriors)
BvN5Ug1.png

Wdr8OnT.gif

Bazley could be a fit I guess…

Hawks must really have wanted rid of Mane

24/25 Season Preview - Part 1 New
24/25 Season Preview - Part 1

@BenitoSTARR @sebsheep @weetee @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Heine @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @Solius @Skizzo @Dan @Salt Bailly @altodevil @P-Nut @hobbers

Power Rankings

vsOYs7z.png

Team Finances and Strategy

(note that team spending is relative, not absolute. If you're the 13th highest spender, you get the same benefits no matter what the number is)

26egJ6L.png

Previews

lmDak9Y.png
h3S58jO.png

5ecKd8F.png
9GPfv9U.png

Dr. Junior - Oklahoma City Thunder (51-31, 2nd Round)
lfV4Jnw.png

S8D3QOS.png

Are the Oklahoma City Thunder good? Yes. Are they really good? I don't know. Dr. Junior got a bit worse since last season - hopefully just a temporary decline - but Scottie Barnes got a bit better. Brandon Miller also took quite a leap, though the Thunder weren't exactly lacking in good forwards. The only thing standing in the way of the Thunder doing as well as last season is the quite shallow team. They might want to look for some clever trades, if at all possible.

Pepper Bailly - Milwaukee Bucks (44-38, 1st Round)
TTPe0Kk.png

mX5xPEh.png

A lot of the okay players on the Milwaukee Bucks got ever so slightly worse since last season, but then they've got so many of them - it might not actually matter. In that sense, it might actually be a lot more impactful that Jaden Springer has improved enough to almost match Pepper Bailly. It's hard to know where there Bucks will end the season. They made the playoffs last season, and if their starters have a decent enough season they should be able to do so again. They just need to avoid injuries.

Lil-Nut - Golden State Warriors (28-54)
jtEmFAF.png

bihTGyw.png

There seems to be a lot of these teams around lately. They have either one superstar or none, and then they have an absolute glut of pretty good players. The evidence so far seems to suggest that it's not quite enough, though that might rather depend on the superstar in question. In this case they've got a solid one - and one with the future ahead of him. This probably isn't the place to spend that future, though that might change if Reggie Perry and Daishen Nix continue their improvement.

sontodevil - Cleveland Cavaliers (35-47)
aTcXgX7.png

kb8c8SX.png

sontodevil is truly following in his father's footsteps here! Well, not exactly in the same order, but old man altodevil did spent several years in Cleveland. He didn't like it very much. I suspect his son won't like it much more. He might throw up some good stats, though, and maybe get back into the award race. We'll see how long sontodevil decides to languish in Cleveland, though.

Two Nil & reelworld II - New York Knicks (64-18, 2nd Round)
dLG1IAe.png

yKkloSb.png

XHmfpSC.png

I'm not going to check, but New York must surely have the longest serving starting 5 in the league. Everyone has been there 6-8 years, and then you have Ja Morant on 5 years right beyond that. They had some bad luck last season, but father time has been kind to the veteran Knicks. All three best players, who are all past their mid 20s by now, got better. Not a lot better, but a little might just be enough. The big challenge will be, as always, the depth.

SebJr - Sacramento Kings (50-32, 1st Round)
PSokq8l.png

49xwC1u.png

SebJr is getting old, and it's finally pushed him out of the starting 5 on the Kings. He'll probably still get a lot of playing time, though, particularly considering how even the team is. We saw last season that it probably takes more than just having a very deep team to get far in the playoffs, but at least it took them to the playoffs. They also have a 68 rating player this year, with KZ Okpala's improvement. They aren't going to win any rings (though wilder things have happened), but playoffs again? Definitely likely.

Last edited:
Lil Nut seems destined to follow in his father's footsteps in achieving nothing of note besides all star appearances. Big Nut won 1 3pt contest I think, so at least we've got a chance of matching it.

failtodevil. disowned this pretender long ago. no son of mine

Lil’VO and weeweetee got weaker. Perfect.
The mvp will try to get a ring on his own

Imagine not having the assist king in your starting line up...

24/25 Season Preview - Part 2 New
24/25 Season Preview - Part 2

@Solius @hobbers @weetee @V.O. @Dan @Skizzo @BenitoSTARR @The Cat @Stobzilla @Heine

Sonius - Indiana Pacers (52-30, Runners up)
dpBSxSU.png

0KjwgZl.png

After coming much closer to winning the title than anyone had expected, with the possible exception of Sonius himself, the Indiana Pacers are surely poised to launch a renewed effort this year. Kevin Knox took a very slight step behind, but although he was vital as a second option, his decline should be more than made up by the improvement of many other Pacers, including Sonius himself. As with seemingly all of our contenders, the team is a bit shallow beyond the excellent starting 5.

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (52-30, 1st Round)
m8fq5hq.png

YqYdAET.png

How good are the Hawks, really? We didn't really get to see them do much last season, but injury struck them very hard as soon as the playoffs started. This year they seem even better, on almost every level. They have a very solid starting 5 (with several of those great Centers that other teams have none of), and a fairly deep team beyond that as well. Is this Skizzlet's year? There's a load of strong teams in the East, so the goal should be top 4 in the regular season.

Dan II - Philadelphia 76ers (54-28, Conference Finals)
Zm9Bv9B.png

huolFTZ.png

And here's one of those strong Eastern teams I mentioned. The progression bag is a little bit more mixed than it was for the Atlanta, but the Philadelphia 76ers have a very interesting team. Dan II may have gotten a little bit worse, but he's been putting up gigantic scoring performances with significantly lower overall ratings than this. I suspect he can be an efficient piece well into his low 50s, and honestly even lower if they'd actually play him. The 76ers nearly made it all the way last time. We go again?

BenitwoSTARRLET - Brooklyn Nets (20-62)
OIg5JXW.png

KiGObi3.png

The Brooklyn Nets are a very interesting team. They lack that one true superstar, though BenitwoSTARRLET is quite good. But beyond that they have a solid starting 5 and a rather deep team. They also have 20 year old Magic Johnson. Is he going to be good old Magic Johnson? I have no idea! All I know is that it's going to be very interesting to watch, and I'm sure BenitwoSTARRLET will be content to go along for the ride.

Stobzilla II - Charlotte Hornets (27-55)
UqpQcVd.png

uIlmTKf.png

Oh look, it's Stobzilla II! I thought he retired? No, he'll never retire. Not as long as there are teams without solid Centers out there. Or, in the case of the Charlotte Hornets, teams who only have two other solid Centers in the starting line-up. Our Cafite is very much the old man of the group, which does mean the Hornets could actually become quite good, with a bit of luck. Or without a bit of luck, they could stall and fall back down to whatever they've been doing the last few years.

Heine - San Antonio Spurs (56-26, Conference Finals)
ZY2Ej6Z.png

zznwnId.png

Okay, so the Spurs didn't win another ring. But Heine proved that he wasn't just the second fiddle to Nobbers. Winning MVP and DPOY in the same season is very impressive. You'd expect that to fuel another championship run, and in fact I do expect that. The Spurs aren't quite the same team they were last season, though, so it's hard to predict exactly how good they are going to be. There are reasons to think they'll be even better, and certainly they have one of the better constructed starting 5s in the league. Let's see.

The Cub - Denver Nuggets (30-52)
sDuRxxp.png

9MsontI.png

Okay, so The Cub is back playing for the worst team in the league. It's been one of those careers. On the other hand, the fact that his new team were so bad last season is also why they were able to draft both Gilbert Arenas and Jerry West. As with Magic Johnson, it's impossible to predict how good they are actually going to be. Surely one of them will hit, though? And if they do, The Cub will be there, guiding into a bright future.

Nobbers - New Orleans Pelicans (37-45, 2nd Round)
RUuYDw6.png

YBp4bRF.png

4x MVP, 6x Champion, 4x Finals MVP... the list goes on. Well, obviously it does. Just look up. The point is that Nobbers, while approaching his 30s, is still a very good player. And with all those accolades in the bank, why not just get weird with it for however long the rest of his career is? The Pelicans aren't supposed to be particularly good, but then they somehow made it to the 2nd Round last year. And with all due respect to BenitwoSTARRLET, Nobbers is on another level. Of course, that playoff performance came from a very unlikely 10th seed, which is... not ideal. Maybe don't try to replicate that.

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (48-34, Champions)
5KaOMBI.png

Zj3RtES.png

ePK2aJP.png

Oh look, it's our newest champions! It took them a few years, but I am sure it's no less sweet. The two superstars are functionally the same players they were last year too, with only the slightest of declines for both weeweetee and Lil' V.O.. Slightly more worrying is the fact that two other players in the already extremely shallow team saw some decline, though they also saw players get better. All that is to say, while I wouldn't be betting on the Rockets repeating their championship run, I wasn't betting on it last season either. Why the hell couldn't they do it again?

Didn‘t want to say it before but alas! Finally the cafless teams as well! Thanks nimic

We really do look like a well constructed team, built around the greatest MVP ever (ofc). I think we should be able to do a deep playoffround again, and nothing would make me more happy than getting "my own" ring
We got a good spread of positions and roles it seems, and a big guy with the R to get rebounds. While at the same time me and Murray can share the ball, get the others some easy shots while we control the game and dominate. I like this years team, even though I really wish for either a great defensive/rebounding Center, or a stretch center to make it easier to attack the basket for myself

Noticed I am the third double MVP/DPOY. Shaq got one, and Sontodevil got one

Last edited:
24/25 30-Game Update New
24/25 30-Game Update

F7hU3tK.png
O7mCYTc.png
g74gQWJ.png

ZvZHgor.png
lokLGPv.png
mBs2iEd.png

Standings

6TWjQp8.png

ITUggNd.png

League leaders

y4P4545.png

u7wl3xO.png

XzKG4CD.png

Award races

cyW0dc4.png

BYNvhUW.png

Trades

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets), BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets) - it might look weird, but at least Houston got the better player younger player cheaper player shorter contract... wait what
ULCNaCW.png

Stobzilla II (Hornets)
o28wryJ.png

Nobbers (Pelicans), sontodevil (Cavaliers) - I don't know what the feck this is
OlDMRDu.png

Lil-Nut (Warriors) - What's up with Karim Mané? Last time the Hawks were willing to attach a 1st round pick to him just to get rid of him, for merely a 2nd round pick in return, and this time the Warriors attach someone perfectly playable to get rid of him, again just getting a 2nd round pick in return. We need to follow his career, I think.
Jk1VgRs.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks)
CV3NahF.png

Dan II (76ers) - big changes for the 76ers! John Collins is a big loss, but he turns into 4 pretty good players and a 1st round pick (and whatever else happens to the picks they gave to and received from the Trailblazers). They are going to miss his defense, though.
PWLWNd9.png

CMrVZDg.png