Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

Do I have long left at Memphis?

Two more seasons.

Also, thanks for reminding me to post this:

EDFUo9y.png

N63DUlG.png

V5pxp5v.png

QO6gNFj.png

how is the lakers' salary and contract position? Are we just going to decay slowly (fine with that, we were the greatest team of all time) or do we have an outside chance at getting in a new star?

how is the lakers' salary and contract position? Are we just going to decay slowly (fine with that, we were the greatest team of all time) or do we have an outside chance at getting in a new star?

You'll almost certainly take a big pay cut after next season (assuming you stay), but you'll probably also have to pay Kemba Walker a bit more (but only a lot if he becomes really good, in which case it's like a new signing :nervous:)

7Xq8KZX.png

Are we allowed to bow out on top and let the next gen take over? Or can we have our sons start to play while we fade?

Are we allowed to bow out on top and let the next gen take over? Or can we have our sons start to play while we fade?

You know, that's an interesting question I hadn't thought about. I guess... why not? You have to be at least 30, let's say. That way I can let the game sort out all the retirements.

If someone is really bad before 30, I'll still let them retire and get a new player in, just so no one is stuck for ages just being really bad.

You know, that's an interesting question I hadn't thought about. I guess... why not? You have to be at least 30, let's say. That way I can let the game sort out all the retirements.

If someone is really bad before 30, I'll still let them retire and get a new player in, just so no one is stuck for ages just being really bad.

LeBron's son is being drafted right?

Might be time for Sonius soon.

sontodevil imminent, too bad there isn't some kind of college or high school system

You know what exactly what I’m going to try and make my son look like now don’t you…

I got my regen ready to go - feels too early for retirement though but he's already beating his father on our private court comfortably, can't hold him back for too long. Also want to see him setting off before nimic's retiring.

Oh yes, this is why I preloaded the boy.

Also is this going to be the final year of my contract with Boston?

I assume my odds of resigning are pretty high though.

Now we just need to draft son of hobbers

I'll give it a few hours, and then run the draft. Currently hobbers has his son coming in the draft, going by the new rules of being 30+ and I'll allow your son to join the NBA while you're still in it.

I'll only allow 4 more to join this draft, so we don't suddenly have 12 players coming through at once.

Dan, Skizzo and Samid are exceptions, since they have declined enough for early retirement anyway, should they choose.

That would give you an advantage on everyone else so far, so the youngest I'll allow is 17 (then you turn 18 on the draft - or else next season if you're created after the draft, and your rating will change). Basically the younger you are, the more time you have to improve.
I’ll make my son next season then if that’s ok?

This is dumb - just keep it consistent, when your player retires you get his son. Make sure it's all at the same age too.

Let's say you have to be (turning) 35. Could be fun. If it doesn't work I'll scrap it. At 35 you're not far off anyway, but it doesn't incentive binning your player just because they aren't quite as good anymore.

Let's say you have to be (turning) 35. Could be fun. If it doesn't work I'll scrap it. At 35 you're not far off anyway, but it doesn't incentive binning your player just because they aren't quite as good anymore.
35-18 = 17, probably bare minimum. Unless we were fathering children pre-NBA.

That would let the following add their son to the draft: Dan, Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne, hobbers (done), altodevil. Also Skizzo and Samid of course, since they have declined. Nobody has to retire or add their son, though.

It's still 725, right?

Yep. If we go with 35, you'll have to wait a couple of seasons (unless you take a dive ratings-wise).

That would let the following add their son to the draft: Dan, Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne, hobbers (done), altodevil. Also Skizzo and Samid of course, since they have declined. Nobody has to retire or add their son, though.

Yep. If we go with 35, you'll have to wait a couple of seasons (unless you take a dive ratings-wise).
What's the stat limit again and where do I send my son to you? Pm?

What's the stat limit again and where do I send my son to you? Pm?

725, and PM or in the sign-up thread:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/sign-up-thread-for-the-redcafe-nba-simulation-basketballgm.481476/

Also if we're getting loads of new players the next few years, keep in mind you can set your position to Auto (it picks what it thinks your ratings make you best suited for, and it can change), or double positions (Guard, Forward, Guard-Forward, Forward-Center). It's not at all a requirement though, if you just want to be a Point Guard or whatever.