Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

2012 NBA Final
2012 NBA Final

UY5Kxk9.png

We'll either have a 5-in-a-row @altodevil, or a new-champion @V.O.!

For the final we have the full match stats for everyone who played at least ~10 minutes.

E3SiGxI.png

The reigning champions take first blood! Kirk Hinrich leads the way with 38 points.

3j6ZyPp.png

1-1!

R9Ark2q.png

2-1 to th Nets, and V.O. plays his first minutes in these playoffs!

gFLXIo8.png

It's all evened up, we've got a thriller on our hands.

W4Dw9iU.png

This is the power of the Nets, and why they made it to the final without V.O.: nobody has a great game, but they've got such an evenly strong team that they win even though the two best performances were by Lakers players (26 rebounds by altodevil, 8 blocks!). The Lakers seem heavily reliant on Kirk Hinrich scoring, and when he doesn't they're in trouble.

TU1gjaR.png

The winning streak has been broken! V.O. picks up another injury, but it's a small one - and he still managed to provide 9 points in his 12 minutes played. The Nets have won while only giving serious minutes to 6-7 players throughout the entire series. Congratulations to V.O., winning his first ring at 31!

i0lfiQm.png

Playoff stats coming up next

Feels like a long time since I photoshopped my guy like that...

Is this the end of the dynasty or a brief pause? Nene and Hinrich must be getting on a bit. What's the contract situation like?

Is this the end of the dynasty or a brief pause? Nene and Hinrich must be getting on a bit. What's the contract situation like?

Can probably just call it quits at this stage. Not much point continuing the chase for GOAT status when you've just been scientifically proven to be the second best player on the '99 Cavs.

4 games played. Closer to my games played in the playoffs than alto's :lol:

For Cafites:

X9kxbcC.png
L5yWghw.png
pA76wti.png

For Lakers: No expiring contracts in your top 12 players. No expiring contracts in your starting 5 next year either. Age and decline is your only challenge.

iLbInrg.png

For good measure, here are the Nets: No top 5 expiring contracts and top 3 players (after V.O.'s injury) are quite young.

rzMqS7n.png

Draft Lottery for the upcoming draft:

DPUDTcR.png

Yes, this means that the #1 pick will go the team with the best record in the East (Boston), and the #2 pick will go to the team with the second best record in the East (Washington).

:lol:
For Cafites:

X9kxbcC.png
L5yWghw.png
pA76wti.png

For Lakers: No expiring contracts in your top 12 players. No expiring contracts in your starting 5 next year either. Age and decline is your only challenge.

iLbInrg.png

For good measure, here are the Nets: No top 5 expiring contracts and top 3 players (after V.O.'s injury) are quite young.

rzMqS7n.png
My offspring will not be as loyal.

:lol:

My offspring will not be as loyal.

You've got MVPs, rings, All Stars, All NBAs, All Defensives, etc, so I wouldn't be too upset with your strategy. You have been extremely loyal to the Knicks, though. You've currently got the 10th most games for one team in NBA history, and you're joint 14th for most seasons (13). You're probably going to re-sign, so you might honestly get to joint 1st (17), or even set a new record.

Every single person in that picture looks like they were photoshopped in somehow.
It's remarkable that V.O. even shopped the little iPhone screens to show the correct image.

You've got MVPs, rings, All Stars, All NBAs, All Defensives, etc, so I wouldn't be too upset with your strategy. You have been extremely loyal to the Knicks, though. You've currently got the 10th most games for one team in NBA history, and you're joint 14th for most seasons (13). You're probably going to re-sign, so you might honestly get to joint 1st (17), or even set a new record.
But do I have my dignity?

sorry for being a whiney hammer bitch.

11/12 Season Review
11/12 Season Review

Regular Season Standings

t8WfkPN.png

FVgjKrG.png

Playoffs

7d16kKZ.png

Season Awards

ipaWcTW.png
k32xlWi.png

altodevil, The Cub and hobbers all make the All-Defensive 1st Team, with BenitoSTARR having to settle with the 3rd Team for the first time since 2004. He makes the All-League 1st Team though, together with P-Nut and hobbers. Solius and altodevil make the 2nd Team.

W8PrdiO.png
sNXcLeB.png

Yet again Kevin Durant is MVP, and I think this is something we have to get used to. altodevil as DPOTY is not surprising, but he might only have one or two more in him. He might also look at Drew Gooden being named Most Improved Player and rue the fact that Gooden was traded from the Lakers at the start of the season.

Regular season stats (@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

KA6ir3R.png

Statistical Feats

ey9V4CJ.png

K508FGf.png

cE8zeNQ.png

2zki8un.png

ZQ7gpOK.png

Up next: Draft and Free Agency

2h8QaP7.png
aSK53Gb.png
Vg6twvg.png

2012 Draft and Free Agency

Draft

5MpyeZY.png

Free Agency

BenitoSTARR has re-signed with his beloved New York Knicks for $15.3M/yr through 2017
reelworld II has left the Denver Nuggets and signed with the Milwaukee Bucks for $16.7M/yr through 2017
Skizzo has left the Indiana Pacers to ring-chase with the Boston Celtics for $500k/yr through 2015

uIpJXp3.png

Trades

@V.O. (Nets) - the champions are future proofing. They sure do love PGs.
ZNJdOcz.png

@hobbers & @Skizzo (Celtics) - more future proofing, let's see if it pays off.
QHgVvpS.png

@Dan & @The Cat (Pistons)
CIqkCdx.png

pR6neTv.png

@Solius (Grizzlies) - getting rid of a Point Guard for an equal Forward/Center can't be a bad move when Solius is a PG himself.
erjpf4J.png

@oneniltothearsenal & @P-Nut (Kings) - sure, why not?
SX9aeXo.png

12/13 Season Preview - Part 1
2012/2013 Season Preview Part 1

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

Some trades since last time:

SebJr (Heat) - this is not a team trying to be very good right now
W9PQVtP.png

Dan and The Cub (Pistons) - Detroit making moves!
M3chpNw.png

uHT1TjX.png

Pre Season Power Rankings - the East is stacked, again! This might still change as long as the trade window is open.

6VYo0OL.png

Team Finances and Strategy

luCRSzw.png

Preview

A95GvvH.png
UE9pbs9.png
LGIxJBL.png

201M75y.png
arOVxCP.png
swa4UxL.png

0hdm2Wy.png
IOyVrgd.png

Draft

5MpyeZY.png

Free Agency

BenitoSTARR has re-signed with his beloved New York Knicks for $15.3M/yr through 2017
reelworld II has left the Denver Nuggets and signed with the Milwaukee Bucks for $16.7M/yr through 2017
Skizzo has left the Indiana Pacers to ring-chase with the Boston Celtics for $500k/yr through 2015

uIpJXp3.png

Trades

@V.O. (Nets) - the champions are future proofing. They sure do love PGs.
ZNJdOcz.png

@hobbers & @Skizzo (Celtics) - more future proofing, let's see if it pays off.
QHgVvpS.png

@Dan & @The Cat (Pistons)
CIqkCdx.png

pR6neTv.png

@Solius (Grizzlies) - getting rid of a Point Guard for an equal Forward/Center can't be a bad move when Solius is a PG himself.
erjpf4J.png

@oneniltothearsenal & @P-Nut (Kings) - sure, why not?
SX9aeXo.png

What happened to TwoNil?

Do I have to wait another season?

Rip Nene. Time for some team friendly deals boys to get another star in

9th in Power rankings - that's good?
Rebuilding - that's bad?
I somehow got better? - that's good
Improved team - oohhh