Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

@hobbers and the (good???) Charlotte Bobcats (42-40, 1st Round)
TT9RxXr.png

cdfy5Vu.png

hobbers has been very, very slowly declining the last couple of years, but 1) that only took him to "still best player in the world", and 2) he seems to be trying to reverse it. Surprisingly the rest of the Charlotte Bobcats seem to have gone along for the ride. There are no huge changes (except maybe the signing of the pretty good Sebastian Telfair), but somehow the team just seems... better. It's possible for an 89 rating player to take a decent team to the finals, where anything can happen. He'll just have to take on a historically strong Eastern Conference to do it, and then probably deal with a very strong Lakers. Is it possible? Maybe.

Charlotte, so bad it had to be posted twice.

Also, 666 - no wonder then.

@V.O. is on the New Jersey Nets (42-40)
IpAPaD9.png

V.O. cursed himself for ending up on the New Jersey Nets, but they aren't terrible this season, are they? V.O. is their superstar, and they've got a very solid group after him. Mind you, the members of that group are nearly universally on the last year of their contract, so it might be now or never. The Nets are also "rebuilding", mind.

So much potential up and down the squad... and most of them are probably fecking off at the end of the season. Typical. :lol:

07/08 - 25 Game Update
07/08 25-Game Update

MOV = average margin of victory

tyGlfsU.png

Some trades!

@Dan, @BenitoSTARR, @sebsheep - and then there were two! I'll be honest, I don't think this made the Knicks any better. This might be what "rebuilding" looks like.
VF35pIx.png

I guess they really wanted Jordan Farmar. He's 8 years younger than old-man-Dan, to be fair. There go two other decent players, though.
m4K0RsZ.png

Here's Dan's new team, the Milwaukee Bucks - not half bad.

f17tpTM.png

@Skizzo - these seem like very aggressive moves for a team that is bad and I assume wanted to stay like that.
DuSWZct.png

xEaubCS.png

@Stobzilla - this is a very not big deal, I just included it because it's funny how lowly they valued that perfectly okay player.
LuhvVEX.png

I just win, it's what I do. Praying for an injury-free season.

When‘s LeBron stepping up!?

Update please!

Hope the team can still carry me to a ring(?)

Anyone with 3 rings yet? Just wondering.
You lost two finals on top as well, right? Not sure if you‘ve been with sol and me already at the first one, only one alto ever won, or not.

I just win, it's what I do. Praying for an injury-free season.

Anyone with 3 rings yet? Just wondering.

You lost two finals on top as well, right? Not sure if you‘ve been with sol and me that first one, only one alto ever won, or not.

This is precisely what I was hoping for when I started this :lol:

What I couldn't predict was the single best player in the world going "I wish I could be Stobzilla".

This is precisely what I was hoping for when I started this :lol:

What I couldn't predict was the single best player in the world going "I wish I could be Stobzilla".

Was thinking about suicide before but man'd up - and am chilling with LeBron (a bit too much) now.

Curious, would it be technically possible with this game, that participants/we have some kind of draft system so have x teams running against each other, maybe all in one conference even, duking it out? So no new players created but new team(roosters)? Maybe excluding the 1-3 elite players for draft.

*by „x teams“ I mean x teams managed/set up by us players.

Will pop you in my man-bag
He's a happy hammer now.

Last edited:
Curious, would it be technically possible with this game, that participants/we have some kind of draft system so have x teams running against each other, maybe all in one conference even, duking it out? So no new players created but new team(roosters)? Maybe excluding the 1-3 elite players for draft.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, so it's hard to say. With God Mode I can do a lot. I could easily have done a team experiment instead of a player one, and I was considering it. I even toyed with the idea of having an actual draft (as in you guys pick your players), but not sure how that would even work logistically.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, so it's hard to say. With God Mode I can do a lot. I could easily have done a team experiment instead of a player one, and I was considering it. I even toyed with the idea of having an actual draft (as in you guys pick your players), but not sure how that would even work logistically.
Would be a different game with this simulator. Say we have 10 players from redcafe: could we take the i.e. 1996 campaign as a basis and each player could form their own squad, say everybody has 350 (dunno, number pulled off my ass) skill points (overall points, not potential) to spend and PM you/gamegod their selected roster. Then those 10 teams (would be edited NBA franchises) play that ai-simulated campaign - downside is there would be lots of cloned Jordans and what not but maybe that's still fun or - that's what I thought about at first - a kind of drafting system, bit like the fantasy football one here, where we'd pick players one after each other. but maybe that's too much micro managing.

No idea if that'd be fun. It would be over much quicker too.

07/08 Trade Deadline Update
Since you guys are so chatty today I feel like you deserve another update, so:

07/08 Trade Deadline Update

Pretty clear what the Conference power balance is here. The 9th seed in the East, the Atlanta Hawks, has as many wins as the 3rd seed in the West (though one more loss). @altodevil and the Lakers have slowed down a bit, but 46-5 is still a formidable record, so it's possible they're still the team to beat despite being in the West. In the East the Bulls are predictably #1, but they're only 4 wins ahead of Milwaukee in 7th. Also a nice 21 losing streak for Boston.

s8LiSRc.png

We have a few trades. Let's start with a big one.

@Salt Bailly has moved from Denver to Detroit. Quite an upgrade, judging by the standings.
PBQwAML.png

@Dr. Dwayne's Pacers don't seem to be too bothered about things like winning. At least not winning now.
i4XQdQN.png

@weetee & @oneniltothearsenal - seems like a quite even trade.
vjEW0Yg.png

@Stobzilla & @Samid - I don't know what the hell this is about. I think this is a case of two teams going "I think you will be worse than me".
ubgHG4x.png

Would be a different game with this simulator. Say we have 10 players from redcafe: could we take the i.e. 1996 campaign as a basis and each player could form their own squad, say everybody has 350 (dunno, number pulled off my ass) skill points (overall points, not potential) to spend and PM you/gamegod their selected roster. Then those 10 teams (would be edited NBA franchises) play that ai-simulated campaign - downside is there would be lots of cloned Jordans and what not but maybe that's still fun or - that's what I thought about at first - a kind of drafting system, bit like the fantasy football one here, where we'd pick players one after each other. but maybe that's too much micro managing.

No idea if that'd be fun. It would be over much quicker too.

Yes I think that would be possible. We could start in 1996, but it's also possible to start a "Legends" mode, where each team has their historically best players on it. Then I could just God Mode you guys into the league, and maybe find some way of doing the draft. Alternatively, there's a "Fantasy Draft" option you can do with God Mode, where all players get into a draft.

There are possibilities here. We'll see if I run one at some point after this one is done.

A GM-style fantasy draft with all-time players would be like a simulated forum draft. We did an NBA one years ago.

It's heartening to see Skizzo adhering to the tradition of "reserve the second post even if you definitely won't use it".

That's interesting though. We could surely do something like that, though it would probably be take a while if we had as many sign-ups as for this (though this is less involved, so maybe some just wouldn't be bothered). There would also be a question of how to display the options, since a) not everyone knows every basketball player in history and b) whatever rating the game assigns a player might not be what you would have given them. I guess I could feasibly just take screenshots of the top x players (40-ish at a time maybe?), sorted by overall rating.

It's an interesting thought, maybe we'll try it after this is done. That might not be anytime soon, though.

It's heartening to see Skizzo adhering to the tradition of "reserve the second post even if you definitely won't use it".

That's interesting though. We could surely do something like that, though it would probably be take a while if we had as many sign-ups as for this (though this is less involved, so maybe some just wouldn't be bothered). There would also be a question of how to display the options, since a) not everyone knows every basketball player in history and b) whatever rating the game assigns a player might not be what you would have given them. I guess I could feasibly just take screenshots of the top x players (40-ish at a time maybe?), sorted by overall rating.

It's an interesting thought, maybe we'll try it after this is done. That might not be anytime soon, though.
:lol:

Checked out the caf NBA thread (for the first time) and surprised that really none of those NBA heads plays on here. Also have to admit that I just caught up a bit with the contemporary game. That Wemby guy...height: 100. :lol:

I still have plans to go back and use it for a grand reveal.