Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 16/17 | Conference Finals | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Nobbers

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Now hobbers gifted AD in his prime. Unreal. God's truly favour hobbers and he still can't win.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Now hobbers gifted AD in his prime. Unreal. God's truly favour hobbers and he still can't win.
I’m not saying he’s shit or anything but…. How can you be that high rated, with that good a team and not even come close…. Just doesn’t have the mentality to win.

Not like @altodevil she’s a terrific player.

hobbers

If Nobbers manages to avoid Charlotte I expect him to win about 10 playoff titles.

14/15 Season Preview - West New

nimic

something nice
Scout
14/15 Season Preview West

@V.O. @Solius @altodevil @weetee @Samid @Dan @hobbers @Salt Bailly @The Cat

Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (50-32, 1st Round)

Lil' V.O. has similar features to his father, though perhaps not quite the same frame. As many others have in their first year, he's gone slightly back in skills and slightly forward in endurance and IQ. He's also jumped straight into a pretty good team, who just got even better. I don't think they're winning the league yet, but he'll almost certainly see the playoffs in his rookie year.

altodevil - Los Angeles Lakers (54-28, Conference Finals)

Father time is relentless, and he's still coming for 36-year old altodevil. And also most of the rest of the Lakers. I've called the end of 1-seed Lakers for a while now, but this time I'm certain. The West is getting stronger, and the Lakers are just too old now. They're not bad though, so playoffs are definitely likely.

Pepper Bailly - Sacramento Kings (28-54)

Pepper Bailly has immediately become the best player on his first team, the Kings. You wouldn't think they had particularly good chances at making the playoffs, but crazier things have happened.

The Cub - Oklahoma City Thunder (22-60)

Here's the thing. Oklahoma City is bad. The Cub? Well he's good. But his team is bad. Is he good enough to drag them into the playoffs? I wouldn't bet on it, but our man has quietly been one of the best players in the league for a couple of seasons now.

sontodevil & Solius - Memphis Grizzlies (38-44)

Solius is still a very good player, but the end is probably in sight. Most of the decline was physical, so he should still be able to put up great scoring and assists numbers, but his lack of speed and jumping might make him a defensive liability. So it's lucky for him that he's got sontodevil on his team. I expected the duo to be better last year, but maybe this is the year?

Nobbers - San Antonio Spurs (45-37, 1st Round)

Nobbers took a formidable leap over the summer, and he can now comfortably be called a superstar. The West is strong this year, so he'll need to continue the great form he engendered in his Spurs at the end of last season, if they're to make a mark this year.

Dan II - Phoenix Suns (24-58)

Oh Dan II, bless your little heart. If you're a big Dan-fan and you're excited about following the exploits of his son, let me save you the trouble. He'll play almost no basketball. Yet.

weetee & Samid - Minnesota Timberwolves (44-38)

weetee and Samid have a combined age of 74, and a combined jumping rating of 16. Samid in particular has now reached the point where he'll get almost no playing time, despite still being perfectly able to score some points when he does play. Both him and weetee took a large step backwards over the summer.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Pepper Bailly - Sacramento Kings
Pepper Bailly has immediately become the best player on his first team, the Kings. You wouldn't think they had particularly good chances at making the playoffs, but crazier things have happened.
That's just the way we roll in the Bailly household.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
I might bet a dollar on Boston this year.
weetee and Samid have a combined age of 74, and a combined jumping rating of 16. Samid in particular has now reached the point where he'll get almost no playing time, despite still being perfectly able to score some points when he does play. Both him and weetee took a large step backwards over the summer.
Still starting five. Love it.

14/15 25-Game Update New

nimic

something nice
Scout
14/15 25-Game Update

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

Trades for days!

weetee (Timberwolves > Thunder), Samid (Timberwolves), The Cub (Thunder) - Why be part of a 12 win team when you can be part of a 5 win team? That must be what weetee is thinking right now, desperately trying to justify the path his career has taken.

Samid (Timberwolves), Solius & sontodevil (Grizzlies) - Why have Sean Williams when you can have a younger Khris Middleton? Khris Middleton could turn into anything - even another Sean Williams.

Two Nil (Raptors) - seems fair?

Nobbers (Spurs) This is not the Spurs trying to get back into the playoffs, but that might honestly be a good thing for Nobbers. Build for the future.

SebJr (Heat) - this seems like a great trade for Miami

altodevil (Lakers) - the dynasty is officially dead

Standings

Cafites perfectly spread about the league. Interestingly, in the West fully 4 out of 5 Cafites who are in playoff spots are 19 or younger. In the East 4 out of 6 are 33 or older, and even the two younger players are 24 and 26.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Look at alto bottom half. Meanwhile I'm feeding off his son's youthful vigour to keep me alive.

altodevil

They traded Nene. Jesus christ. Just let the guy play out his contract. I'm fuming.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I found a new GOAT formula someone had created specifically for the game, and suddenly we've got Cafites in #1, #2, #3, #4, #17, #41, #54, #66, #67 and #94.

weetee is the 94th best player of all time.

((champ *2 + finalsMvp *3 + mvp *3 + dpoy *3 + smoy + mip + roy /2) /10) + ((allLeague1 *0.8 + allLeague2 *0.65 + allLeague3 *0.5) + (allDefensive1 *0.8 + allDefensive2 *0.65 + allDefensive3 *0.5)) + (allStar /10 + allStarMvp + allRookie /0.5 + numSeasons /10 + (gp /1000 + gs /1000)) + ((per /20 + perPlayoffs /20 + ewa /100 + ewaPeak /10 + ewaPlayoffs /10) + ((ortg - drtg) /10) + ((ortgPlayoffs - drtgPlayoffs) /10) + (vorp /100 + vorpPeak /10 + vorpPlayoffs /100) + ((obpm + dbpm) /10) + ((obpmPlayoffs + dbpmPlayoffs) /10) + ((obpmPeak + dbpmPeak) /10) + (pm /10000 + pmPlayoffs /1000)) - (((tpa - tp) /10000) + ((tpaPlayoffs - tpPlayoffs) /10000) + ((fga - fg) /10000) + ((fgaPlayoffs - fgPlayoffs) /10000)) + ((ptsPeak + astPeak + (orbPeak + drbPeak) + stlPeak + blkPeak) /1000)

altodevil

Top-4?? Is that only counting 1996 onwards? What about Kareem and Wilt? I'm assuming MJ was hampered by us starting.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Me, hobbers, solius, Benito
Yes, but not in that order.

Top-4?? Is that only counting 1996 onwards? What about Kareem and Wilt? I'm assuming MJ was hampered by us starting.
It's counting everything, but this formula probably kills Wilt since it uses stuff like VORP, which I guess didn't exist back then. Kareem loses like 4-5 seasons of advanced stats. But he was an uncatchable #1 with my old formula. Wilt is still #22, mind. Kareem is #5. Kevin Durant is #9, so he's coming for you guys.

Am I above or below MJ and LeBron?
Below both. MJ is #6, LeBron is #58.

Actually, I missed a few Cafites since I turn off the watch list thing once you retire. So we also have Cafites in #19, #25, #73.

altodevil

How the feck is sontodevil 66th after 2 seasons, and Nene only 63rd?