The Overlap | 115 charges dissected & Arsenal's dark arts | Heated fan debate!

The Chelsea fan Rory Jennings is almost at the opposite end of insufferable. Just endless whinging, constantly trying to find any crumbs of negativity in a fairly positive start to the season. It's telling that it's rival fans, like that Liverpool fan, who has to provide some semblance of perspective to his bullshit misery parade. Even the Everton fan was like, mate you sound like an Everton fan :lol:

Worst of the worst.

I downvote every one of his videos and report every one of his tweets, even if they're about his grandma. He has the aura of one of those child killers from the nineties.

Sounds just like the CAF TBH!

Not really, after we won’t the FA Cup those pair of weasels lineker and shearer straight away tore into Ten Hag instead of congratulating him.

Had that been Klopp in the same situation they would have been on their knees for him.

New fan debate!

I know channels have to change their thumbnail after a few hours of an upload to game the Youtube algorithm but i am 99% certain the first one they used was titled "ARE ARSENAL CHEATS?". I saw it just before going to sleep. Did i hallucinate this or did someone else see it ?
Going from that to "Are City guilty ?" while they are on trial for 200 charges is mindblowing...

I know channels have to change their thumbnail after a few hours of an upload to game the Youtube algorithm but i am 99% certain the first one they used was titled "ARE ARSENAL CHEATS?". I saw it just before going to sleep. Did i hallucinate this or did someone else see it ?
Going from that to "Are City guilty ?" while they are on trial for 200 charges is mindblowing...

You weren't hallucinating, it was 'Are Arsenal cheats?'. They changed it.

Its pretty weird to see criticism of Arsenal's cynicism. I haven't watched City in years but they were cynical as feck and i presume they still are. They've kind of set a standard others need to meet to compete unless they can make up an advantage elsewhere.
Same in Europe actually. Look at the state of Barcelona. Bayern, Real, Juventus - they're all any means necessary clubs and consistently benefit from it. Its funny that Atletico Madrid barely warrant a mention next to that crowd.

Scholes is fecking terrible, comes across a right thick bitter cnut.
He seems to really be pushing the media stuff these days. I get it earns decent bob but I wish he wasn’t so active, loved him as a player but seems such an idiot in person.

Worst of the worst.

I downvote every one of his videos and report every one of his tweets, even if they're about his grandma. He has the aura of one of those child killers from the nineties.
That Chelsea fan, who is a presenter on talksport is the same. He’s relentlessly negative; I can’t believe he gets any enjoyment from supporting Chelsea.

I am always sad when I hear Scholes speak. Such an intelligent player on the pitch but most of what comes out of his mouth is rubbish.

Not really, after we won’t the FA Cup those pair of weasels lineker and shearer straight away tore into Ten Hag instead of congratulating him.

Had that been Klopp in the same situation they would have been on their knees for him.

It must be really tiring being convinced that everyone is against you!

I am always sad when I hear Scholes speak. Such an intelligent player on the pitch but most of what comes out of his mouth is rubbish.
Does have a habit of putting his foot in his mouth. Or someone's, at least.

I don't think I could choose to watch something knowing he's on it. Talks complete and utter shite, and moaning constantly. I assume he's going to die on this hill having heard that Dier kept De Ligt out of the Bayern side which was proven to be total nonsense that he could have researched first
Yeah, he's like those idiots who believe every word they read in The Sun or every word they hear on TalkSport. I find a lot of our ex-players difficult to listen to. Rio is just as bad and Neville is far too opinionated. He's got his beak in everything. Pretty intolerable.

Most the issue isn't with the 2nd half bar the rolling around. It was first half when Raya was taking a week for goal kicks and in particular the first 20 minutes.
Irony of speaking about conduct when your club is facing record charges, for conduct which has robbed countless players of more trophies and legacies and robbed atleast 3 different clubs of more titles, United being one before any United fans rush to your defence. Beats any 'bad conduct' in 45 minutes. Yes, we know you don't like everything circling back to 115 charges but it has to due to your dishonest debating. Otherwise your club would be getting its usual beatings from us before you hit the lottery. Also to add, someone else posted a load of numbers that before the red we were in ascendcy. Only after the red we had no choice.

Scholes is fecking terrible, comes across a right thick bitter cnut.
Aye, one of my absolute favorite players but he doesn’t half talk some shite. Even after we signed MDL and the entire “Dier benched him at Bayern” was debunked - Scholes kept on peddling those lines. Safe to say he’s not a fan of the signing at all

"United had one of the most injury hit seasons in premier league history last season and all anyone could talk about was how poor the team was and how much pressure the manager is under."

Sorry, that sounds like half the CAF in any ETH related thread to me

That City fan Buvey is the most unbearable twat on YouTube. Trying to defend City's revenue figures by saying winning the treble made them profitable even though the sponsorship deal charges relate to 2011 to 2017.

I've seen him belittle the Europa League as if City fans wouldn't have sold a kidney to win that competition 15 years. Just goes to show he didn't start supporting City until they started winning trophies.

I have no idea why his voice is elevated to a platform that gets him a seat on The Overlap. I can only assume it's because wind-up merchants like Buvey generate more clicks.

That City fan Buvey is the most unbearable twat on YouTube. Trying to defend City's revenue figures by saying winning the treble made them profitable even though the sponsorship deal charges relate to 2011 to 2017.

I've seen him belittle the Europa League as if City fans wouldn't have sold a kidney to win that competition 15 years. Just goes to show he didn't start supporting City until they started winning trophies.

I have no idea why his voice is elevated to a platform that gets him a seat on The Overlap. I can only assume it's because wind-up merchants like Buvey generate more clicks.
You should watch their channel "The Club" together with the United and Chelsea guy. It will make you wish you had a third arm to punch them all at the same time. It's so sad they get so many views, Youtube keep feeding you those idiots if you watch anything Skysports related...

You should watch their channel "The Club" together with the United and Chelsea guy. It will make you wish you had a third arm to punch them all at the same time. It's so sad they get so many views, Youtube keep feeding you those idiots if you watch anything Skysports related...
I've watched a few of their streams as (I know I'm in the minority here) but I actually like Adam and Rory. They seem like genuine football fans who aren't afraid to be critical of aspects of their club when necessary. I would watch it a lot more if Buvey wasn't on there. He makes my ears bleed. He's a classic example of sportswashing working a treat on mindless fans.

Irony of speaking about conduct when your club is facing record charges, for conduct which has robbed countless players of more trophies and legacies and robbed atleast 3 different clubs of more titles, United being one before any United fans rush to your defence. Beats any 'bad conduct' in 45 minutes. Yes, we know you don't like everything circling back to 115 charges but it has to due to your dishonest debating. Otherwise your club would be getting its usual beatings from us before you hit the lottery. Also to add, someone else posted a load of numbers that before the red we were in ascendcy. Only after the red we had no choice.
How is my debating dishonest. Some of you gunners are so full of shit, elaborate please?

Do City supporters take a week on goal kicks? The feck are you on about?

The pile on we've had in the media this week doesn't really bother me as a fan, I just think it's gone too far without looking at context.

Yeah, in tough away games we can slow the game down a bit like Raya dropping on the ball after a catch or an extra couple of seconds on goal kicks etc, but 2nd half Sunday was an extreme case, and I think people need to remember that.

We were protecting a lead, at the home of the most dominant team in England, where we've got severe PTSD from past beatings, including 1 only a couple of years back where we went down to 10 men and got beat 5-0.

The BBC looking at things like restart times, number of passes played etc without considering we've played 2 full halfs with 10 men, and had a difficult fixture list etc.

I think people have forgotten because we've had a tough start to the season, that we are a good attacking team. We had the 2nd highest defensive line only to City last season, you don't do that if you are a defensive team.

The difference is we can defend in different ways given the scenario, we can squeeze a game and press high and go much more front foot like we do most of the season as the numbers show, but we can also defend well in a mid or low block if the game state requires. Hopefully we remind people about the former over the next couple of fixtures.

Can't stand him on it. Doesn't feel as funny or entertaining since he had been on. He is utterly boring and has drained the charisma out the room.

Saps the energy out of the show doesn’t he

Terrible pundit he’s just a moaning cnut with nothing of note to say

The Chelsea fan Rory Jennings is almost at the opposite end of insufferable. Just endless whinging, constantly trying to find any crumbs of negativity in a fairly positive start to the season. It's telling that it's rival fans, like that Liverpool fan, who has to provide some semblance of perspective to his bullshit misery parade. Even the Everton fan was like, mate you sound like an Everton fan :lol:

Yeah I first encountered him on "The Kick Off" with True Geordie etc and I thought he was alright on there as part of a panel (I quite enjoy hearing rival fans interact with each other) but he's a horrible unofficial ambassador for the Chelsea support now.

I don't know if he has any influence with your fanbase but that's the main thing that bothers me about most of the YouTube football influencers, whipping up disharmony in their fanbase by pushing agendas that make them money.

I think there was a clip of him demanding that Poch/Tuchel be sacked the day before they were and then saying the owners have no clue what they are doing and they shouldn't have sacked him the day after.

Shameless.

Can't stand him on it. Doesn't feel as funny or entertaining since he had been on. He is utterly boring and has drained the charisma out the room.

Agreed.

Feels a bit like Overlap are jumping the shark a bit recently with the Scholes hire and the Soccer show nonsense.

Gary looks bored half the time these days, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back off entirely at some point and leave it to the others.

Yeah I first encountered him on "The Kick Off" with True Geordie etc and I thought he was alright on there as part of a panel (I quite enjoy hearing rival fans interact with each other) but he's a horrible unofficial ambassador for the Chelsea support now.

I don't know if he has any influence with your fanbase but that's the main thing that bothers me about most of the YouTube football influencers, whipping up disharmony in their fanbase by pushing agendas that make them money.

I think there was a clip of him demanding that Poch/Tuchel be sacked the day before they were and then saying the owners have no clue what they are doing and they shouldn't have sacked him the day after.

Shameless.

I'm not sure he's that much of an influence. I think rival fans like him more than Chelsea fans, but honestly I don't go out of my away to watch the platforms he's on. Before I deleted my twitter account, his tweets were always filled with QTs of people dunking on him, which I suspect he enjoys as he probably fancies himself as some kind of 'realist truth teller, saying the things people are afraid to say'.

In terms of fan representation, I think Matisse is a far more level headed person. He was on this Overlap fan discussion once before and he was quite good.