The new Pepsi ad

The ad was so shite. A case of trying to be too clever and fecking it up. Pepsi in itself is unpleasant. If not for the controversy it wouldn't have had any recall value for me so that's there.

That is genuinely one of the shittest ads I have ever seen. And not for any fake outrage (who could be outraged at that ad ffs) but because its just crap.

Also, Pepsi? Really? Does anyone actually drink it unless forced to? Its so inferior to Coca Cola.

Bizarrely I guess, I prefer Pepsi in winter or cooler months, I like the sweeter taste. Though in hot summer or in need of thirst quenching, nothing beats ultra cold Coke, with a slice of lemon.

I'm pretty sure Pepsi knew what they were doing.

Nope. Confirmed from inside that is was a big mistake.

Apparently the decision making SVP refused to listen to her team members and the market research. She is a well meaning and very talented marketer, and I admire her intentions, they were not at all malicious. But in this instance her common sense antennae stopped working.

Rumoured she will get fired.

Last edited:
Bizarrely I guess, I prefer Pepsi outside summer, like the sweeter taste. Though in hot summer or need need of thirst quenching, nothing beats ultra cold Coke, with a slice of lemon.

Nope. Confirmed from inside that is was a big mistake.

Apparently the decision making SVP refused to listen to her team members and the market research. She is a well meaning and very talented marketer, and I admire her intentions, they were not at all malicious. But in this instance her common sense antennae stopped working.

Rumoured she will get fired.
Oh wow, what is her name?

I was expecting something much worse when i watch that pepsi ad today.

This is exactly how Nazi Germany ended.

x93yla1.jpg

The only time I drink Pepsi is when I'm in the pub and they say, "we've just got Pepsi, is that OK?". After this advertisement it no longer is.