The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Well that's that, total lack of quality from the Irish players and after that attempt of a pass by Browne which led to their second he should never be playing for Ireland again.

Ah well least I can warn United playing crap now for a month before watching this lot again

This is essentially relegation confirmed. We have no business being in a group with these sides. We are genuinely worse than Northern Ireland.

Our shooting is absolutely fecking terrible, no composure, even their technique when striking the ball isn't right

We are literally at rock bottom here and no end in sight

What has this manager been up to for the last 2 months. Brady and Doherty still getting caps is just pathetic.

Can’t make good omelettes with bad eggs.

Doherty and brady only playing because there’s nothing better.

Not enough funding and effort put in at grassroots. Until we can find some quality random granny rule players or improved funding across the island it’s not going to change.

What stellar talents does he replace that half a team with?
Exactly.

Essentially we’re really limited with what we can do given the midfield options we have, and there’s no way around that until better options emerge. The main job for this manager in the short term is to instil some confidence back into the team.

This is essentially relegation confirmed. We have no business being in a group with these sides. We are genuinely worse than Northern Ireland.
I'm not sure why we are in this group. Didn't we dodge relegation during COVID because it was temporarily blocked? We are minnows really. 4th or 5th seeds now.

I'm not sure why we are in this group. Didn't we dodge relegation during COVID because it was temporarily blocked? We are minnows really. 4th or 5th seeds now.
Aye, the England game was between two teams, neither of which should be in this tier.

The step up is huge. Molumby took ages to show competency at this level after bossing it at U21
That'll always be the case, but giving the likes of coleman, Brady and Doherty mins is just pointless. Cap the young players and build a squad that will actually put a shift in.

That'll always be the case, but giving the likes of coleman, Brady and Doherty mins is just pointless. Cap the young players and build a squad that will actually put a shift in.
You have to do that gently. Otherwise you risk sinking international careers with giving them their first five or so caps in chaos and defeat.

I do like him as a player and sort of hate pointing these things out, but on the first goal, Collins is passively backing off, pointing to the danger without doing anything about it. Second goal, he gets his position all wrong, gets caught on the wrong side and then shows absolutely no awareness of what every other prick watching the match could see, that Tzolis was coming back onto his left. In the years since he left Stoke, he doesn't appear to have become any smarter as a footballer.