Music The National

Stringer

Listened to this a fair bit over the last few days and I expect it will continue to grow on me. As it stands I think it's a step below the last four albums. It's good but not quite exceptional. The lyrics seem a bit weaker than previously and they have always been one of the things that stood out when listening to the band.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
I saw them live earlier this week and they were so good. All the new stuff sounded great and the old stuff was brilliant too.

BD

New song out today, new album announced for May, and dates for a tour later in the year.

New song:

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
New song out today, new album announced for May, and dates for a tour later in the year.

New song:
My dad got tickets for the tour yesterday the bastard.

Really like this new track though, but I like pretty much everything they do so no surprise.

John_Jensen

Dull as dishwater these guys, could never get the appeal after several attempts.

GiddyUp

Dull as dishwater these guys, could never get the appeal after several attempts.
I hear ye but Bloodbuzz Ohio is just fecking magnificent. Soul in the vocal and banging drums, it's just excellent.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I think these guys could play the phone book and I'd like it.

kps88

New album is knocking about. 'Tis good, as per.
Thoughts on the album? I think it's better than SWB. Was pleasantly surprised after not really feeling some of the singles.

Turns out I will be in Manchester during their July show. Tickets are currently sold out but hopefully they drop a new batch I can get in on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thoughts on the album? I think it's better than SWB. Was pleasantly surprised after not really feeling some of the singles.

Turns out I will be in Manchester during their July show. Tickets are currently sold out but hopefully they drop a new batch I can get in on.
Yeah, SWB has more immediately singles-y individual tracks but I prefer IAETF too. Generally their slower burning albums end up being my favourites anyway.

Half eyeing up wandering over to Madrid for the Mad Cool festival so I might see them there.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.

The National have shared their new single ‘Tropic Morning News’ and announced full details of their forthcoming ninth album ‘First Two Pages Of Frankenstein’. The record will be released on April 28 via 4AD and as previously reported Taylor Swift, Phoebe Bridgers and Sufjan Stevens, will all feature on the album with Swift on the track ‘The Allcott’ and Bridgers featuring on two songs – ‘This Isn’t Helping’ and ‘Your Mind Is Not Your Friend’.

The National have also announced a full UK/EU and North American tour which includes a special show with Patti Smith on August 18 at New York’s Madison Square Garden and shows in Leeds, Glasgow and London’s Alexandra Palace in September.

Tickets go on sale on January 27 at 10am local time and can be purchased here and here. Support will come from Soccer Mommy, The Beths and Bartees Strange.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-...ning-news-announce-album-and-uk-shows-3383126

:drool:

fergieisold

Looking forward to the new music. Absolutely brilliant band - was blown away when I last saw them in an arena. Complete surprise how their sound comfortably filled a large venue. top of the game these guys at the moment for me!

BD

New album out today, pretty bland unfortunately.