The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before he gets fired?

b58F5I7

b58F5I7

We have reached 20,000 posts in this thread!

The LVG out reached 28,000 before he we fired him.

Moyes reached near 35,000.

Not far ladies and gentleman!

Let's keep posting and I'm sure Lord Woodward will hear our prayers!

that's interesting

I suppose if this season reached its end like it did with LVG then the Mourinho thread would be up to 50k

I wonder have we as many posts-per-day these days as the Caf is a pretty joyless place

Rather lose to Arsenal of it means he's gone the next day.
There, I said it. Would be lying if I said otherwise. We aren't going anywhere. What's a victory against those cnuts going to do for us?
It's a shitty thing to say and feel but much as I tell myself it's wrong, I can't stop feeling it.

that's interesting

I suppose if this season reached its end like it did with LVG then the Mourinho thread would be up to 50k

I wonder have we as many posts-per-day these days as the Caf is a pretty joyless place

Hard to find joy in anything related to the senior men's team of the club right now. I reckon the U18, the U19 (Europe) and the women's team are reasons to feel more cheerful of course, but I'd be lying if I said I was feeling too good about things. It's toxic. Jose has really sucked the life out of the game - for the first time in over 20 years, I've gone 3 games without seeing more than 45 minutes of any. I'm even planning to give the Arsenal game a miss - for the first time ever. I used to even schedule travel around this game - but now, though I'll be home, I just can't get myself to watch this. It's going to be late in the night and for a change, I'll sleep and hit the gym first up in the morning. Won't even check the result or my phone notifications before that (no point gymming when glum).

There, I said it. Would be lying if I said otherwise. We aren't going anywhere. What's a victory against those cnuts going to do for us?
It's a shitty thing to say and feel but much as I tell myself it's wrong, I can't stop feeling it.

I’m with you. I haven’t got time to pretend about it.

I'm not quite there yet but the one thing I definitely don't want is a draw.

With a draw we are going nowhere but it's also not even close to embarassing/humiliating enough that it would force Woodward and co. to act.

So if we win, that's great, I still enjoy beating Arsenal a lot (and we need the points). If we don't win, however, then I'd rather we got spanked instead of scraping a point.

Ah yes I should've guessed. Shifty feckers them lot. Always twisting and turning their excuses according to how the situation develops, always crawling and slithering around hissing "tooop reeehheeehheeddd".

They have invested too much into this mourinho fairytale, slithered too far in (not goint to say into where to avoid warning) to admit their mistake. It's not about the man anymore, their pride is on the lind.
:lol:

Yeah, I love how grown ups (I assume they're mostly adults) can have pride on an internet forum. Feck it, I've called myself wrong a couple of times on here (and in actual life!) before.

I like Mourinho but I agree with you. He has to go now. It's very toxic and really hurting the club. Imagine the Xmas period (one of my favourite periods as a football fan) with this football and manager? Dreading it!

At this point I'm going to assume that the almost 750 people that don't feel like it's sacking time have all been banned for rank stupidity and are unable to change their vote.

Firstly, how on earth is anyone still defending him? His attitude is as rank as his tactics, which have been as bad as man management and that's been almost as bad as his transfer activity. 3rd season, currently sitting 7th...16 pts off the top.

The Christmas football period is something I look forward to every year, lots of games with teams generally being a bit more open due to the intense run of matches. A perfect time to restore some of the early season damage. It's a great time of year and we need some fresh impetus at this club right now. Even if a caretaker boss comes in with no reputation, I can't see anything getting worse because we are just not playing football at the moment & every single player is underperforming.

I'm bored of Mourinho now. He can go, even if not sure it makes total sense.

What will it take for Woody to pull the trigger? Seriously.

I genuinely believe that Newcastle game saved him, but for how long? We've since reverted to type.

We need another McDonnell special.

This is fecking crazy now. How is he still here? It's a mystery. What the feck are we waiting for?!
What's going on behind the scenes? I can't believe our sponsors aren't making things uncomfortable.

There's untold damage being done to the 'brand' and still the feckers have him there!

What will it take for Woody to pull the trigger? Seriously.

I genuinely believe that Newcastle game saved him, but for how long? We've since reverted to type.

We need another McDonnell special.
YOu can thanks big mouth Neville and some of our fans for falling for the nonsense that came out of his mouth.]

Ex players and self righteous fans are also fecking us.

I still don't want to call for his head. I hate doing that but it does occur to me if they can find someone now and give him half a season to see if he can improve things with this team, nothing will have been wasted. The season is a write-off already. Then the new guy can get a "second" start in the summer. Didn't Liverpool do that with Klopp? Of course, we have to find the right person...

It's like a death by a thousand paper cuts, it's excruciating. The incompetence of our Chairman and board. Gutless, spineless leeches. There are plenty of interim coaches available who might give us the impetus to recover, because we are going absolutely nowhere with Jose. What the feck are they waiting for! We can then work on our no.1 target in the meantime. Stupid gonna stupid though. We are a joke shop.

I've changed my vote, I realize it's over he should be gone. BUT anyone expecting the next manager will make miracles with this pathetic spineless group of players, is in for a rude awakening. The club is a mess, average players overpaid and no leader among them, a fecking clown is the main guy, protected by a moron running the club. Depressing state of affairs.

I've changed my vote, I realize it's over he should be gone. BUT anyone expecting the next manager will make miracles with this pathetic spineless group of players, is in for a rude awakening. The club is a mess, average players overpaid and no leader among them, a fecking clown is the main guy, protected by a moron running the club. Depressing state of affairs.
Don't think anyone expects miracles, we are well aware the club is a mess from top to bottom. However I think it's fair to expect that we at least TRY to win matches against relegation fodders. With Jose it's absolutely clear the prime objective is not to lose.

What is the highest % we have reached in the poll? To my knowledge we have never crossed the 75 mark - if we do I feel we will get mentioned in the papers and I reckon Jose will go by then.

Its not impossible that we would see an immediate upturn if/when a new manager comes in. Toxic environments are extremely draining and very distracting.

Don't think anyone expects miracles, we are well aware the club is a mess from top to bottom. However I think it's fair to expect that we at least TRY to win matches against relegation fodders. With Jose it's absolutely clear the prime objective is not to lose.
As I said, I lost all confidence in him and he should be gone, the team selections and favoritism is the tipping point for me. Everything else, is a mess starting from the manager, but the players share the blame in equal measure.

What is the highest % we have reached in the poll? To my knowledge we have never crossed the 75 mark - if we do I feel we will get mentioned in the papers and I reckon Jose will go by then.

I just wished we made a new poll, probably a lot of posters who voted yes back then that hasn't been visiting the site or this thread in a while. Also a lot of opposition posters voting to keep Mourinho.

Jose is basically a poorly animal thats on deaths door, but its clueless owners are keeping him alive instead of putting him down.

Yeah, but such animals can be adorable until the end, José is just being Andy from Little Britain.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere until we’re theoretically with no chance of reaching top 4.

And i’m starting to think there is a lot of conflict at the board. It’s why there seem to be so much dithering. Back him or sack him? short term targets or long term? Just another business or a proper football club?

Like, has anyone got any justifiable reason whatsoever for wanting him to stay? Oh, apart from "Oh by Woodward", "Oh but who do we get in", "Oh but Pogba" etc.

Wishing your team to lose in hope he will get sack after...sorry no fecking with that, only thing missing is someone to say its for greater good.

If we lose against Arsenal (which is very likely) and he isn't sacked next day then there is something deeply wrong with the club.

Wishing your team to lose in hope he will get sack after...sorry no fecking with that, only thing missing is someone to say its for greater good.

You can lose a battle and win a war. Check your history.

What’s the difference 3 points going to make now really.

I won't lie, I had the tiniest bit of hope he would be sacked this morning.

You can lose a battle and win a war. Check your history.

What’s the difference 3 points going to make now really.

I cant do it and its not ok from my pov, same thing happened in 2nd LvG season, different people said same thing, defending it with greater good line and here we are 2 years later people wishing the same on a manager who was the greater good back then.

Edit: 3pts maybe have no meaning but at least that cnut DT will feel like crap.

Hughes got sacked for not beating Manchester United yet Jose didn't get sacked for failing to beat 19th place while having the team 7th on minus goal difference. Let that sink in. I hate the Glazers. We are not even a football club, just a business.

Status
Not open for further replies.