The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Helene

Damn, another tornado. I've never heard the civil defense sirens ring out before, makes it a little more ominous.

Ernesto battering Bermuda right now. Almost whole islands lost power. Luckily for me not there, but hearing it's taking its time to move on.

Headed for Ireland apparently, looks like we're all gonnna be fcuked.

1_HURRICANE-ERNESTO-IRELAND.jpg

Be a bit windy for Ireland and the UK but will have dropped to just gale force winds at most by the time it gets there (8's, possibly 9's) It will have definitely lost its hurricane status & shape and it's highly unlikely it will sustain power and momentum to even be classed as storm force winds by the time it reaches the Irish coast.

We get battered by hurricane force winds here in the UK on a frequent basis it's just extremely rare we get actual hurricanes due to our sea temperatures not being high enough for them to form or actually reach here from where they originally formed. Although with rising sea temperatures due to climate change, we could definitely see that change.

Here we go again. Invest 97L has some serious development this week. It still isn’t a “thing” yet so intesity and track aren’t set but there is a consensus it will be strong and N Florida landfall.

Here we go again. Invest 97L has some serious development this week. It still isn’t a “thing” yet so intesity and track aren’t set but there is a consensus it will be strong and N Florida landfall.
Ian was September 30th...used to be almost out of the season :(

Downtown Tampa, South Tampa, & downtown St. Pete won't fare well at all with 5 to 8 foot storm surge.

Hope I'm wrong.

Having to change a whole travel itinerary for this thing. Supposed to be taking part of my team to Pennsylvania Friday morning but now it’s looking like Thursday morning if we don’t wanna build a sailboat to do it

Got a box a Perdomo cigars, several bottles of some damn good Italian and Spanish wine, half ounce of weed, sandwich bag full of shrooms, full supply of Vyvanse, bottle of bourbon, bottle of tequila, pasta, peanut butter, rice, and all sorts of sweet and salty snacks. Haven’t been more prepared in my life.

Got a box a Perdomo cigars, several bottles of some damn good Italian and Spanish wine, half ounce of weed, sandwich bag full of shrooms, full supply of Vyvanse, bottle of bourbon, bottle of tequila, pasta, peanut butter, rice, and all sorts of sweet and salty snacks. Haven’t been more prepared in my life.

Where in Florida are you? (Not that I need to drive to you to pick up some shrooms or anything)

Coastal Taylor County residents who weren't evacuating were told by the police to write their names, social security numbers, & addresses onto their body with Sharpies to make their identification that much easier by the cops & their families.