The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Helene | Hurricane Milton

I get the feeling it's not quite as apocalyptic as it was billed to be. Unless I'm missing something?

I deleted Twitter as a small feck you to Elon. What silliness is going on?
Guy showing a video of birds falling to the deck of a cruise ship near Tampa and asks “what could cause this?” & all the fecking responses are about radiation waves and HAARP manipulation.

Like… I dunno man, probably the fecking hurricane they’re exhausted from fleeing

I get the feeling it's not quite as apocalyptic as it was billed to be. Unless I'm missing something?
A greater than 1000 year rain event in St Pete. 126 tornado warnings & dozens of confirmed touchdowns. A Cat 3 landfall which means a wider area got hit with wind / rain / surge…

A greater than 1000 year rain event in St Pete. 126 tornado warnings & dozens of confirmed touchdowns. A Cat 3 landfall which means a wider area got hit with wind / rain / surge…
Florida man* was told in no uncertain terms that they will die if they stay in their homes. If it turns out that people were okay in the hardest hit places then Florida man might not heed future warnings

*I'm not talking about our @Florida Man but rather the huge number of wackjobs that live there.

Florida man* was told in no uncertain terms that they will die if they stay in their homes. If it turns out that people were okay in the hardest hit places then Florida man might not heed future warnings

*I'm not talking about our @Florida Man but rather the huge number of wackjobs that live there.
Something something yay for Darwin :smirk: