The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Francine

What a shift, Euro pretty much nailed this for a week. Good for Tampa but Punta Gorda is going to get hammered.

Models now showing it’ll slam through Florida, go back out to the Atlantic, then come back and hit somewhere between Savannah and Charleston…

damn

Oh lawd. Yeah they’re right in the path of it if they don’t evacuate.

One of my wife’s best friends is in the same boat as your family in Orlando.
Did her friend evacuate? My family didn't evacuate. I also have my uncle there that's visiting from England. I was supposed to be there this week but because of work, I had to go next week instead.

Did her friend evacuate? My family didn't evacuate. I also have my uncle there that's visiting from England. I was supposed to be there this week but because of work, I had to go next week instead.
I’ll have to double check tomorrow, but I don’t believe so.

At least you avoided getting stuck in it yourself!

GOES16-AL092022-13-1000x1000.gif

“Ian is an extremely dangerous 140mph CAT 4 this AM and not expected to weaken. Latest track here. Inland conditions will go deep into the state with an exit towards GA/SC after.” www.spaghettimodels.com #Ian #flwx #hurricane

Why is the CNN guy just there in the rain, completely drenched? Why doesn't he have an umbrella?

fecker is tracking on a Charley / Irma path. I was managing a fine dining restaurant in Sarasota in 2017 & it was a hellscape there for quite a while. So many downed limbs took out so many power lines, the wire men were basically restoring power block by block as it was so incredibly labor intensive & the outages were that widespread.

Never lost power in St. Pete, shows how much a slight jog to the east let Tampa Bay off the hook.

Two blokes stood there now, don't seem too bothered about getting out of there :lol:
edit: just left

Holy fecking shit. A meteorologist on MSNBC just gave an estimate of 18 feet of storm surge to the NE/E of the eye. He said that water will get all the way to I-75. Take a peek at a map to see how many miles inland the interstate is.

Last edited:
Holy fecking shit. A meteorologist on MSNBC just gave an estimate of 18 feet of storm surge to the NE/E of the eye. He said that water will get all the way to I-75. Take a peek at a map to see how many miles inland the interstate is.
So it could hit Nashville?
If so that's fecked up. Keep safe.