Television The Grand Tour (Prime Video)

feck I’ll miss it.

I’ll miss the show format a lot to be honest. Yes I forwarded through the celebrity segments nearly always. But I’ll miss the banter about cars and motoring policy, and I’ll miss the road tests enormously. I’ve fallen in love with so many cars because of their road tests over the years, and of course I’ll miss their specials. Yet, I always felt the specials worked best as specials, not as the sole crux of the show.

One of my favourite shows ever. Not because it’s the best, and sometimes the humour was too staged and juvenile, but it just had some unquantifiable magic about it. It’s an old school show that really is the end of an era. Sad to see it go. Some rumours they’ll continue the grand tour with new presenters, but I have zero interest in that. Just like I had zero interest in Top Gesr when they left. It was, and always will be, about the trio. You can tell they’ve run out of ideas, and it’s the right time to end, they all look old as hell and tired. But that doesn’t stop me being sad to see it end.

Goodbye to the Top Gear/Grand Tour trio. You’ve given us 22 years of joy. Thank you.

feck I’ll miss it.

I’ll miss the show format a lot to be honest. Yes I forwarded through the celebrity segments nearly always. But I’ll miss the banter about cars and motoring policy, and I’ll miss the road tests enormously. I’ve fallen in love with so many cars because of their road tests over the years, and of course I’ll miss their specials. Yet, I always felt the specials worked best as specials, not as the sole crux of the show.

One of my favourite shows ever. Not because it’s the best, and sometimes the humour was too staged and juvenile, but it just had some unquantifiable magic about it. It’s an old school show that really is the end of an era. Sad to see it go. Some rumours they’ll continue the grand tour with new presenters, but I have zero interest in that. Just like I had zero interest in Top Gesr when they left. It was, and always will be, about the trio. You can tell they’ve run out of ideas, and it’s the right time to end, they all look old as hell and tired. But that doesn’t stop me being sad to see it end.

Goodbye to the Top Gear/Grand Tour trio. You’ve given us 22 years of joy. Thank you.

Sub to Throttle House on YouTube.

they all look old as hell and tired. But that doesn’t stop me being sad to see it end.

The final scene was brutal for anyone above a certain age. 22 years isn’t that long ago. The way it cut back and forth between them looking young and relatively fit to old, grey and completely fecked was so depressing.

Sad to see them finish up, but it's time, there not getting any younger and it was a good episode to finish it on, after the montage at the end I really thought that they would sign out with the Top Gear tune one last time.

The final scene was brutal for anyone above a certain age. 22 years isn’t that long ago. The way it cut back and forth between them looking young and relatively fit to old, grey and completely fecked was so depressing.
Yes I felt it that way too. The years are catching up to me. I joined a new company last year and had become accustomed to being the young, high-potential guy on the rapid rise. But a decade has gone by in a flash. In my new executive team I am now the oldest. Only by a year but still, it’s such a dramatic shift for me. The youngest exec to the elder statesman, in what feels like the blink of an eye. I think that shot at the end of the series encapsulates that sort of change, so quickly, so well. I remember that first special like it was yesterday, and you look at how different they look now and think fuuuuucccckkkkkk.

Tbf, they were all around 35-45 when it kicked off… also… theyre all piss heads and what appears to be unhealthy individuals… not surprising.
The challenges they've been doing will take their physical toll eventually. Irrespective of their lifestyle, not many would be able to carry it as long as they do

Thought it was a great ending. Very emotional ending scene too arriving back at the same spot in Botswana where they started all those years ago with the edits between then and now.

I've always been very much May, Hammond then Clarkson who can need a complete moron but the show wouldn't have worked without him.

Not sure how they can find another set of presenters to replace them.

Maybe go with comedians who are real life friends? Who knows. Not paddy mcguinness though

Really looking forward to watching the last episode - hopefully get it done either tonight or Thursday night.

I'll miss this bunch, the entertainment value they provide as a trio is excellent, it really is. They just have a certain chemistry with each other that is hard to find. I'll probably cry at the end, but I'm thinking it is probably best that they finish now and hopefully on a high.

Yes I felt it that way too. The years are catching up to me. I joined a new company last year and had become accustomed to being the young, high-potential guy on the rapid rise. But a decade has gone by in a flash. In my new executive team I am now the oldest. Only by a year but still, it’s such a dramatic shift for me. The youngest exec to the elder statesman, in what feels like the blink of an eye. I think that shot at the end of the series encapsulates that sort of change, so quickly, so well. I remember that first special like it was yesterday, and you look at how different they look now and think fuuuuucccckkkkkk.
I wish our concept of time in some ways would be reversed. Thinking that a day or a week is a long time like we did in our teens or twenties. Go out on a high note of sorts, rather than the impending doom of it all. I will admit that for myself and am guessing many, many more that Covid and everything surrounding it put me in a state of mild depression about what the time we have actually means, and im still struggling to get completely out of it. Not sure if based on what you wrote then I can or should watch this, as much as I love those guys.

I dont want to be disrespectful to those unfortunate to not even make it this far - but I really wish the whole getting older thing would slow the feck down sometimes.

Really is and not only that it reminds you of everyone you have lost in between. Didn't seem that long when I watching Botswana special when it happened.

Strange how certain things makes you emotional like how do you get emotional watching Jeremey Clarkson but there you go it happened.