The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

I thought team Baggio had that in the bag. Better counter to Henke's strengths with Baggio dropping into the hole causing all sorts of problems.

I thought team Baggio had that in the bag. Better counter to Henke's strengths with Baggio dropping into the hole causing all sorts of problems.
Baggio took the lead something like 4-0.

I think Annah PM'd all the teams and had a serious chat with them all.

I was actually hoping for a bonus round with a more open pool, even it has less superstars.
I never called it a bonus round, you guys did.

In fairness, it should have been bigger but partly budgets and partly you guys playing safe made the blocked list quite short.

I never called it a bonus round, you guys did.

In fairness, it should have been bigger but partly budgets and partly you guys playing safe made the blocked list quite short.
Yeah I'm sure the blocked lists in previous sheep drafts were huge.

Can't see the formations any longer for some reason. Didn't spend hours analyzing them at the time, for that matter. Recall De Rossi being a factor, though. Bit too lightweight.

Bozsik running the game is more likely than Baggio doing it by dropping down and causing havoc.

Don't think it's the players. The very fact that we had budgets ensured that blocks were restricted to 2nd and 3rd picks. Very few 40m tied P1 blocks.
aye, protects didn't help either. I recall a lot of 40m bids or so could've clashed if it wasn't for protect cards.

Can't see the formations any longer for some reason. Didn't spend hours analyzing them at the time, for that matter. Recall De Rossi being a factor, though. Bit too lightweight.

Bozsik running the game is more likely than Baggio doing it by dropping down and causing havoc.
Sharemytactics seems to be down atm.

Kocsis - Henke
Finney - Effenberg - Bozsik - Beckham
Cabrini - Nasazzi - Barzagli - Vogts
Yashin

Baggio - Law
Giggs - Edwards - De Rossi - Donadoni
Bossis - Godin - McGrath - VR Andrade
Schmeichel

I think.

aye, protects didn't help either. I recall a lot of 40m bids or so could've clashed if it wasn't for protect cards.
True that. And shitheads also averted blocks.

Overall it just means you've picked better quality players overall throughout the draft rather than pin hopes on a last minute windfall.

Far more control despite the occasional chaos.

True that. And shitheads also averted blocks.

Overall it just means you've picked better quality players overall throughout the draft rather than pin hopes on a last minute windfall.

Far more control despite the occasional chaos.
Yeah, indeed. Still there were a lot of sheep handed out and you will have teams fielding one, despite having 3 more players to pick from.

I think only Chester managed to keep himself sheepless till now and IMO @P-Nut0712 strategy from the start was the smartest one - picking up full backs which is a big problem in the last rounds(and still I think only Bossis can play as a LB from the pool in this one). That and of course Joga and Cal? picking up value all over the place for 1m or 2m.

In retrospect I overbid a lot for Vasovic and Rensenbrink in a round that only 2-3 managers could pick them, but then again not many options after picking Krol.

Sharemytactics seems to be down atm.

Kocsis - Henke
Finney - Effenberg - Bozsik - Beckham
Cabrini - Nasazzi - Barzagli - Vogts
Yashin

Baggio - Law
Giggs - Edwards - De Rossi - Donadoni
Bossis - Godin - McGrath - VR Andrade
Schmeichel

I think.

There you go - it's obviously Henke. Finney and Beckham crossing for Henke and Kocsis in a 4-4-2 clash.

Yeah, indeed. Still there were a lot of sheep handed out and you will have teams fielding one, despite having 3 more players to pick from.

I think only Chester managed to keep himself sheepless till now and IMO @P-Nut0712 strategy from the start was the smartest one - picking up full backs which is a big problem in the last rounds(and still I think only Bossis can play as a LB from the pool in this one). That and of course Joga and Cal? picking up value all over the place for 1m or 2m.

In retrospect I overbid a lot for Vasovic and Rensenbrink in a round that only 2-3 managers could pick them, but then again not many options after picking Krol.

Yeah I've always had problems with full backs so wanted to get them in early. Frees up the next picks as wingers are easy to come by and central players are the easiest of all.

Love the team I've managed to build and this draft has been one of my favourites in a long long while. Cheers to @The Stain and @antohan for running it.

Yeah I've always had problems with full backs so wanted to get them in early. Frees up the next picks as wingers are easy to come by and central players are the easiest of all.

Love the team I've managed to build and this draft has been one of my favourites in a long long while. Cheers to @The Stain and @antohan for running it.
yeah, ditto. You can also go 5-3-2 without wingers.

I tried to do the same but you outbid me for Carlos, then in the next round after Kaisergate tried to pick Cabrini and when I got the sheep I was falling behind so had to go for a top player in Eusebio as others had already 2 GOAT's in their teams.

@The Stain and @antohan did a great job - one of the best and most interesting drafts for me so far. Even considering I suck at special events.

I wasn't the last one to vote but thanks :)
giphy.gif

We have 28 pages in our mod-convo. Prob have about 700 of those posts. In the 20 manager-convos i've probably made 500 posts combined. I have 550 posts in here.

Feck me :lol:

It's the same every time, thus the lack of options now. No way we are adapting the pool to suit everyone's disregard for fullbacks. I think we just chucked a token Gaz in there and that was it.

Nobody going for Bossis R12P1 was completely fecking mental.

Just gonna be honest here, I have one of two cards to use and I'm absolutely using it in round 3. Probably in @Enigma_87

Just gonna be honest here, I have one of two cards to use and I'm absolutely using it in round 3. Probably in @Enigma_87

It's your choice mate, but it's a bit of colluding in the open saying when you are going to be using it. Which IMO doesn't sit right. You shouldn't worry tho. The positions I can improve I don't think I can get the players as they will be taken in round 1 and I'll be overbid so I don't worry about this round if you shithead me or not ;)

There are flashier names of course, but I have couple of partnerships I don't want to break, hence most likely this round won't be that much of an use to me. Some great players are also a bit of a poor fit to me, while others managers can improve significantly and pick up GOAT partnerships.

It's your choice mate, but it's a bit of colluding in the open saying when you are going to be using it. Which IMO doesn't sit right. You shouldn't worry tho. The positions I can improve I don't think I can get the players as they will be taken in round 1 and I'll be overbid so I don't worry about this round if you shithead me or not ;)

There are flashier names of course, but I have couple of partnerships I don't want to break, hence most likely this round won't be that much of an use to me. Some great players are also a bit of a poor fit to me, while others managers can improve significantly and pick up GOAT partnerships.

How about I trade you my card for one of your players?

How about I trade you my card for one of your players?
I'm pretty happy with my team as is and as I said I'd either block someone this round or get a tactical option which I probably will not use as I wanted to try out a formation from the off(I don't think I'll get any of my targets either). There are a lot of star studded teams that can get a lot better after this round mind which can find a much better use of the card.

I like my team but I don't consider myself a favorite at this stage - as I said - there are some great teams that are much easier to upgrade than mine even as early as this round end.

As I said to P-nut I take it as a compliment, but looking at his options and squad there's not much to separate the two squads for example.

I'm pretty happy with my team as is and as I said I'd either block someone this round or get a tactical option which I probably will not use as I wanted to try out a formation from the off(I don't think I'll get any of my targets either). There are a lot of star studded teams that can get a lot better after this round mind which can find a much better use of the card.

I like my team but I don't consider myself a favorite at this stage - as I said - there are some great teams that are much easier to upgrade than mine even as early as this round end.

As I said to P-nut I take it as a compliment, but looking at his options and squad there's not much to separate the two squads for example.

You're being too nice for me to shitehead you now...

I just realized it's really difficult to keep up with this in Pacific Time

So glad I now can't be shitheaded

So glad I now can't be shitheaded
yeah, indeed.
You're being too nice for me to shitehead you now...
The shithead card is very useful if you are fighting with someone for a player and especially in combination with the cheat card can almost guarantee you that player, so it makes sense to block someone who you are fighting for a player. As good as the pool is there are 3 bombs, 1 super protect and around 7-8 managers that have bigger budgets than mine while there are 5 players that can realistically improve my team - half of them I have to pick an extra player to accommodate them. Since we're on the open I have no problems sharing my strategy for this round.

It most likely be - 1P outbid for someone, or a bomb. 2P - already taken, or a bomb, or protected. 3P shortage of options, rotational player while shitheaded at the same time. Which is why I'm really not that bothered with this one. Now if I had 20-30m left, obviously would be another matter :)

yeah, indeed.

The shithead card is very useful if you are fighting with someone for a player and especially in combination with the cheat card can almost guarantee you that player, so it makes sense to block someone who you are fighting for a player. As good as the pool is there are 3 bombs, 1 super protect and around 7-8 managers that have bigger budgets than mine while there are 5 players that can realistically improve my team - half of them I have to pick an extra player to accommodate them. Since we're on the open I have no problems sharing my strategy for this round.

It most likely be - 1P outbid for someone, or a bomb. 2P - already taken, or a bomb, or protected. 3P shortage of options, rotational player while shitheaded at the same time. Which is why I'm really not that bothered with this one. Now if I had 20-30m left, obviously would be another matter :)

If you manage to talk your way out of this one you've done well

If you manage to talk your way out of this one you've done well
I'm honest on this one mate. As Edgar said I was probably hoping for a more open pool with 2-3 players in mind that should be more of a free pick and that would provide some option but not necessarily use them. (for example Busquets or another stopper for 5-3-2, but those are not available here).