The Former United Youth/Reserves Thread

Mistake releasing him?

Too early to tell but I'd trust in the club's decision making. Pretty much that entire Stockport side were kids so I wouldn't read too much into it and I'd be suprised if he plays much, if at all, in the league. But fantastic for him for nonetheless.

Two inside 10 minutes for McNeill on his Sheffield Wednesday debut.

we have some small percentage cause he spent a part of youth development with us. Not much, I think like 0.25% per year spent with us.

According to the FA’s rules:​

• Solidarity payments are distributed if the player transfers before the expiration of their contract.​
  • A percentage of the transfer fee (5% as per FIFA regulations) is allocated to the clubs involved in the player’s training and development, from the age of 12 to 23.​
The distribution of solidarity payments is as follows:​

• 5% of the transfer fee is set aside for solidarity payments.​
  • This 5% is then distributed among the clubs based on the period the player was registered with them, calculated from the season of the player’s 12th birthday until the season of their 23rd birthday as follows:​
– Season of 12th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

– Season of 13th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

– Season of 14th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

– Season of 15th birthday: 5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation);

– Season of 16th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 17th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 18th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 19th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 20th birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 21st birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 22nd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation);

– Season of 23rd birthday: 10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)

The distribution is proportional, ensuring that clubs that contributed more to the player’s development receive a larger share.​

Nehemiah Oriola has scored a hat trick for Brighton U18s in a crazy 5-6 Premier League Cup defeat to Derby. One red card each.

Chris Popov made his first-team debut for Leicester tonight. Has had a lot of injury issues over the past couple of years.