The Fifth Redcafe Sheep Draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
By the way, I've made a highlights video of Finney's international career, if anyone's interested. Shocking that he lasted that long, especially with the criterias like the statue one or an international/continental losers

harms

Staff
There was a foreign player who moved to Dorne from the Iron Islands aged 12, never played for Dorne youth teams... but the fecker returned to the Iron Islands for half of the season, played 19 games, moved abroad again and became fecking useless! And I thought I found a golden mine

Indnyc

There are some great names who played half season in their country’s youth league! Such a waste

Indnyc

Are players who are listed to have played youth football in their home country but have no record of matches played eligible?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Do youth sides count? It makes the most sense to only be senior team appearances but want to make sure.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Are players who are listed to have played youth football in their home country but have no record of matches played eligible?
No

Do youth sides count? It makes the most sense to only be senior team appearances but want to make sure.
They can't have played in their country of birth at any level.

They must have played senior EPL too.

antohan

Gents, just so we are clear on the "Yugoslavia same as Croatia, Serbia, etc."

If they were born in Yugoslavia and played in Serbia, Croatia, or any of the components of former Yugoslavia they are ruled out, no matter if they were born in a Serbian city and played for a Croatian team.

If they were born in West or East Germany they can't have played anywhere in Germany.

And so on. Whatever the scenario, the most restrictive interpretation always applies.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
How are you going to apply the sheep?

If for instance we can't land a keeper are you just to give us a non-keeper sheep or will a sheep keeper that does not match the criteria be handed out?

I ask because assigning non-keeper to a team needing a keeper is giving them an auto-loss with no point in having a match.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

If for instance we can't land a keeper are you just to give us a non-keeper sheep or will a sheep keeper that does not match the criteria be handed out?

I ask because a assigning non-keeper to a team needing a keeper is giving them an auto-loss with no point in having a match.
Sheep keeper that matches the criteria. High-level sheep very probably

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
There is a possibility there will not be a sheep keeper that matches that criteria that doesn't already get blocked.

Also you aren't a mod so why are you answering
:lol:

harms

Staff

I ask because assigning non-keeper to a team needing a keeper is giving them an auto-loss with no point in having a match.
Literally in the OP
If any manager failed all three picks (attempts), they will be allocated a sheep (aka less desired player). These will be allocated by the mods. Sheep does not necessarily have to meet the criteria at a given round

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
There is a possibility there will not be a sheep keeper that matches that criteria that doesn't already get blocked.

Also you aren't a mod so why are you answering
:wenger:

By the way, I've made a highlights video of Finney's international career, if anyone's interested. Shocking that he lasted that long, especially with the criterias like the statue one or an international/continental losers
Nice video. Strangely, some wingers like him and Gento tend to be ignored in these drafts.

antohan

Ah fair enough I missed that one.
Bear in mind all sheep are supposed to be clearly worse than any of the picked players in the round. Judging by how conservative people have been in T2s and T3s I would expect some barely PL standard picks, so the sheep would probably be Championship standard and/or someone as close as possible to qualifying for this. I actually have a particular one in mind that should fit the bill.

There's enough options though, unless some bastard manager goes for a second keeper just to screw you all.

If I had no sheep I sure would, just for LOLs.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
:confused: Wait. I already have 3 RB at least.
Öztunalı, Zambrotta, Seeler, Schultz, Jairzinho, Pirlo

For Ecstatic's 22nd Century post-modern Tactics you have 6 RB! I guess Invictus reduces you to 3?

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!
The Alternative Sheep Draft table (as of Round 10)

14 Points
2mufc0

16 Points
Pat_Mustard
Lord SInister/Charly

17 Points
mazhar13
prath92/KM

18 Points
idmanager
Invictus/Ecstatic
P-Nut0712

19 Points
Edgar Allan Pillow
Gio
Indnyc/crappy
Skizzo

21 Points
Enigma
oneniltothearsenal/shrike

22 Points
harms

26 Points
Tuppet

antohan

Sheep in other positions are still manageable, but GK?

hmmm what to do what to do
Let's see how it plays out but it should be a clear sheep, else people keep doing the exact same "leave keeper to chance". At best it's [meh keeper].

Last edited:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Let's see how it plays out but it should be a clear sheep, else people keep doing the exact same "leave keeper to chance". At best it's ——.
I wanted to have one before the last round as I knew I could get stitched up if I didn't have one.

Last edited:

antohan

I wanted to have one before the last round as I knew I could get stitched up if I didn't have one.
Every single sheep draft people are warned the last round may not have keepers. By the fifth the warning shouldn't be necessary.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Every single sheep draft people are warned the last round may not have keepers. By the fifth the warning shouldn't be necessary.
Can you link me to your official declaration of this in this thread?

Its entirely unreasonable to expect new players to go find some sheep draft from 4 years ago and read the entire thread to find this alleged precedent that was established that allegedly keepers are not expected to be available in some insanely narrow last turn criteria pool.

That absolutely was not true of the 4th Sheep Draft - the only sheep draft I participated in.

Drafts are supposed to be fun.

Draft "mods" are supposed to be there to facilitate the fun of the players not to feck with their heads for their own perverse enjoyment.

If you have any intention of not giving us an actual keeper (and thus creating a pointless R1 auto-loss so no reason to even have a match thread), a sheep obviously is expected if we fail 3 turns I want to know now.

green_smiley

Supports
#Justice4Wang!

Its entirely unreasonable to expect new players to go find some sheep draft from 4 years ago and read the entire thread to find this alleged precedent that was established that allegedly keepers are not expected to be available in some insanely narrow last turn criteria pool.

That absolutely was not true of the 4th Sheep Draft - the only sheep draft I participated in.

Draft "mods" are supposed to be there to facilitate the fun of the players not to feck with their heads for their own perverse enjoyment.

If you have any intention of not giving us an actual keeper (and thus creating a pointless R1 auto-loss so no reason to even have a match thread), a sheep obviously is expected if we fail 3 turns I want to know now.
We know there is reasonably good keeper that meets the criteria

Every team will have a keeper (sheep or not)

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Do you expect a goalkeeper to be available in every round? It could have been goal scorers in CL finals which has been a criteria in previous sheep drafts.

I've got no idea why everyone always expects to be able to pick one up last round.