The F1 Thread 2011 Season

I think Webber will have a big say in the outcome still, his long run pace has been good recently. I'd like to see a Hamilton win ideally so we can atleast continue to kid ourselves we have a championship battle for a few more races.

this is from the BBC ,

Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel is on pole yet again, but he has some problems, which I'll come to in a little while

Wonder what that means ?

hopefully the engine has fallen out of the car or something like that

hopefully the engine has fallen out of the car or something like that

would be nice , but maybe this is his problem

Sebastian Vettel produced another stunning qualifying lap to take pole position ahead of McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and more than a second faster than Red Bull team-mate Mark Webber. But the German has a major problem in the race. His front tyres blistered in qualifying - when the rubber bubbles because it gets too hot, reducing grip - and he has to start on those tyres. That is likely to make him very vulnerable to those behind him."

makes it interesting, maybe the engine will fall out in the first corner instead then...

Sorry more from BBC.

Red Bull had asked for fresh tyres because both cars blistered fronts. They're not going to get them. Bad news for Vett and Web

Why are they asking for more tyres , they know the rules.
Why have Pirelli brought in new rubber , is there a bigger problem , we dont know about

do they think they are an exception to the rules or something? why bother asking!?

:lol: They actually asked for new tyres? Pit on the first lap, you will get some then.

I like webber, vettel is a smug cnut on track imo

Granted about Horner, and I also find Webber quite likeable, but how is Vettel a smug cnut? All he's doing is taking advantage of being in the best car, and anyone who's going to win the World Championship needs to have a bit of an ego (see Alonso, Hamilton, Schumacher etc.). Though I wouldn't put Vettel in the same class as those guys.

Granted about Horner, and I also find Webber quite likeable, but how is Vettel a smug cnut? All he's doing is taking advantage of being in the best car, and anyone who's going to win the World Championship needs to have a bit of an ego (see Alonso, Hamilton, Schumacher etc.). Though I wouldn't put Vettel in the same class as those guys.

You just have to hear him on the radio after a race or quals , he is a smug cnut.
Off the race he is a nice bloke or gives that impression.

You just have to hear him on the radio after a race or quals , he is a smug cnut.
Off the race he is a nice bloke or gives that impression.

Yep, he seems nice off the track but on the radio I want to punch him in the face, and that fecking finger too :mad:

Fantastic schumacher montage, would love to see him on the top step of a podium again

Forgot that jenson has fresh tyres for the start, if there are a few cars with blister problems that could play into his hands a bit

They should interview Maldonado on the grid, ask him why he looks and acts like a spasticated cnut

Apparently the camber of the cars is over the specified limit and that has caused the blistering and there is vettel having a go at the pirelli guy over it, clearly not happy

Vettel looks pissed talking to that Pirelli guy, great shots of his tyres after quali the inside shoulder was really badly blistered.

Apparently the camber of the cars is over the specified limit and that has caused the blistering and there is vettel having a go at the pirelli guy over it, clearly not happy

Wasn't it over the recommended level suggested by Pirelli

If Button is on the harder ones, I think that is wise, his engine should be enough to get him past people and then he'll be immense towards the end of the race with fresh slicks

Button and Schumacher on the harder tyre apparently

Hell of a lot of smoke from Rosberg's
Great start by JB

EDIT
Well it looked good going into turn 1, only upto 12th

fecking hell what a start at the first corner!