Thank you and Goodbye David.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
He wasn't my choice but I wanted him to succeed because I thought he would have the right mentality to be our manager. But he was in awe from the word go, didn't try to make positive changes to our style and was too frightened of upsetting anyone. The next guy needs to have the Cantona "I'm feckin here now" mindset that Bobbins advocated in the fan video.

Amir

I haven't had a problem with him before and I don't have a problem with him now. He tried, he wasn't the right man, he should never have been appointed, but it's not his fault. Over and done with, I wish him well, he's a good manager.

Someone

Something
He's a good man and i have no hard feelings towards him. You can't fault him for effort, i'm sure he did the best he could, i wish him the best in his future.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's a good man and i have no hard feelings towards him. You can't fault him for effort, i'm sure he did the best he could, i wish him the best in his future.
This.

Talking Vulture

He's shit, move on.
I've seen it all now. Thanking him for turning us into a joke! The man is/was clearly out of his depth - bye Moysie you failure, good luck etc but you won't be getting any thanks from me.

Jev

Thanks for what exactly? He earned a fortune failing miserably and got what he deserved.

I don't hold any grudges but I sure don't see what there is to be thankful for. He turned us from title-winners into seventh-best and it could be years before we return to the top.

He is a mediocre manager and a slightly annoying character.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Its right that he's gone - results dictate so. Not just the results, but the manner of the defeats and his own defeatist attitude. He never came across positively as in "they wont get away from OT with anything today" rather than "they are a good team but we'll try our best"

That being said, he seems like a nice guy, so i do feel a bit sorry for him. Its not his fault that he was given the job in the first place

as for this attitude of "this is not how we do things, we should be morally better". Its not how we did things, simply because we got lucky with Fergie.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Eventhough I'm happy that he's left the club, I do feel a bit bad about him. Yesterday I messaged a friend about this, saying it was like a teacher you hate leaving your school for another. Makes you happy, but feels like you miss those times somehow.

Or is this some version of Stockholm syndrome?

Revan

Assumptionman
Goodbye and good luck on the future. No thanks for anything though.

HabeasC

He was just a decent guy who was out of his depth. I can imagine him doing a great job, as Pulis has done, rescuing teams on the verge of going down.

Thanks for Mata, the 5-0 against Leverkusen and the 4-0 against Newcastle.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
His best moments

Leverkusen Away
Arsenal at home
First Game of the season at Swansea.
Januzaj
Mata

Worst moments

Rest of the season really.

Reactions: brewlio

crossy1686

career ending
Well Dave, I never thought you were the right choice from the start but I was patient and gave you a chance. You officially lost me after the 2-2 draw with Fulham at Old Trafford in January.

I find it hard to feel sorry for you, especially when I read all your post match comments and it was clear you were out of your depth.

Anyway, all the best, I'm sure you'll make a Stoke like team "hard to beat" one day and you'll take points of us to teach us a lesson. Cheerio!

Kaos

Thank you for being the sacrificial bumper to make the United job less of a daunting prospect for potential future managers.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
His best moments

Leverkusen Away
Arsenal at home
First Game of the season at Swansea.
Januzaj
Mata

Worst moments

Rest of the season really.
Olympiakos 2nd leg too!

On topic though, Moyes was clearly out of his depth. But he did it the "right" way. He was by and large respectful, dignified, and he tried his best. He was just not up to it, and that happens in life.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Olympiakos 2nd leg too!

On topic though, Moyes was clearly out of his depth. But he did it the "right" way. He was by and large respectful, dignified, and he tried his best. He was just not up to it, and that happens in life.
Agreed

Which is why I find it puzzling that so many posters find him arrogant and smug. Not sure where that has come from at all.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Some comments have been quite disgraceful, true Manchester United fans are intelligent and knowledgeable, far from that rawkish shit we've been hearing lately.
:lol: That's actually very close to rawkish shit.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
When the Gods wish to punish us they answer our prayers: Oscar Wilde.

David Moyes thought he was selected for the job of a lifetime. Unfortunately he wasn't up to it. Won't give him a second thought now.

Shark

@NotShark
I wish him the best of luck, which he probably doesn't need, as he's a good manager despite what's happened here. Newcastle for example would do well to secure him.

Glad to see the back of him though, his mentality was shocking since day one and it spread like a virus across the club.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What an amazing job you've done, Dave. You've taken United to a new level that fans had never imagined. Good luck for your next team.

Brophs

The One and Only
He's obviously a very decent and honourable man who was desperate to be a success. Like all of us can he fell short. No shame in that. I genuinely hope he can rebuild his reputation and career elsewhere and that he gets a warm reception next time he's at OT. Really the worst thing that can be levelled at him is that he's probably not good enough. That's not something to hate the guy for. He's gone now, good luck to him.

Manucho the boss

He's walking away with his held held high, after all we played really well on Sunday against Everton.

Moyes was smiling in his post match press conference anyway.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's nothing to be thankful for.

He came in, wasn't very good, was sacked.

So ummm....

Ixion

Agreed

Which is why I find it puzzling that so many posters find him arrogant and smug. Not sure where that has come from at all.
I don't think he's arrogant and smug, but I think to try and cope with the situation he was increasingly defiant and often would laugh and smile in interviews after defeats, his way of trying to show he didn't feel under pressure I suppose, and that came across badly to some I think.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Thanks loads David... I know you've given your 100%... Manchester United can be tricky sometimes... could have happen to the best... it's a pity that you've not been given enough time. :)

Some comments have been quite disgraceful, true Manchester United fans are intelligent and knowledgeable, far from that rawkish shit we've been hearing lately.
Frustration?

What did David Moyes do that was actually right? He made constant team changes which surely make any kind of cohesion impossible. He used players out of position, which eventually looked down to just being stubborn, because everyone was screaming at him to use them correctly. We play our best game of the season against Newcastle, but the team was changed to accommodate Rooney who blatantly wasn't fit, and Nani and Evans came in despite not having played since Noah was a lad.

I wish him all the best. I just wish I could understand some of his bizarre decisions.

Godfather

He's obviously a very decent and honourable man who was desperate to be a success. Like all of us can he fell short. No shame in that. I genuinely hope he can rebuild his reputation and career elsewhere and that he gets a warm reception next time he's at OT. Really the worst thing that can be levelled at him is that he's probably not good enough. That's not something to hate the guy for. He's gone now, good luck to him.
There's no probably about it. He just wasnt. By a long shot.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Best of luck to him - whilst it is the right decision, I really did want him to succeed here, but it just wasn't working. I hope he gets past this and moves his career on to achieve something special in the future.

I'm sure the day he returns to Old Trafford as the away manager once again, he will continue to get excellent receptions from the United fans.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He clearly has a lot going for him as a footie manager. His 11 years at Everton is proof positive of that. But in the end, I guess what was right with him wasn't quite enough to make up for what was wrong with him in terms of managing a club of United's stature. Specifically, he seemed to lack a bit of tactical know-how with regards to grabbing games by the balls, the way you need to at a top club. It's no surprise that he did better away from home than at OT and that perhaps his finest hour came in the Bayern double-header by allowing them to completely set the premise. Would he have grown into the role given time? Who knows. He's certainly not as useless as this place would have you believe. But even though I've supported him all season I guess it's fair enough that his time was up. We simply weren't improving.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Only thing I can say is don't slam the door on your way out. The guy did nothing positive in his time here, he'll have his money to compensate so I don't feel bad. The shit he put us through this season, no way does he get a thank you. Constant ridicule and embarrassment.

prarek

He's a good manager, just not ready for a big club. Im sure he will continue to do well at another club. Goodluck to him.