Television Television RedCafe's Favourite TV Shows (Round 7)

hobbers

Death Note is nothing like those. It becomes a cat-and-mouse between a serial killer and the police.
Sword Art Online is pretty bad ass too. also:
Akira.
Ghost In The Shell.
Cowboy Bebop.
Baccano.
Fooly Cooly.
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Hunter x Hunter (first 50 or so episodes)
Monster.
Steins;Gate.
Fate/Zero.
Vinland Saga.
Paranoia Agent.
Bleach.
Black Lagoon.
Psycho-Pass.
Parasyte.
Samurai Champloo.
Code Geass

Also couple new ones like Spy x Family and Oshi no Ko

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Better Call Saul vs. I'm Alan Partridge
The Leftovers vs. Seinfeld
Futurama vs. Peep Show
Black Adder vs. Rome
Spartacus vs. Star Trek: The Next Generation
The Office (UK)
vs. Scrubs

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I also agree there are some great animes. Namely Avatar, Death Note & Attack on Titan.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
@Dirty Schwein because you've pitted 3rd and 4th place together does that mean everyone's top 2 favourites from each group have to go against each other next?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
@Dirty Schwein because you've pitted 3rd and 4th place together does that mean everyone's top 2 favourites from each group have to go against each other next?
No no, next week is the final week of voting. It's all 20 from the group stages top 2s + the 10 going through from this round in one round where you simply pick your top 10.

massi83

No no, next week is the final week of voting. It's all 20 from the group stages top 2s + the 10 going through from this round in one round where you simply pick your top 10.
And scoring is 1-10 or something like in f1?

I think I would prefer giving votes to 15 and 25-30 points for first. Just top 10 with 1-10 seems a bit anticlimatic for final round

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
And scoring is 1-10 or something like in f1?

I think I would prefer giving votes to 15 and 25-30 points for first. Just top 10 with 1-10 seems a bit anticlimatic for final round
The final round has always been 1-10. We usually end up with a decent spread of results and also so far have ended up with the right winner.

Giving extra points to first will just lead to more tactical voting. You'll suddenly see Friends at first because the poster knew Breaking Bad will do well anyway and then the actual middle of the list will be skewed.

massi83

The final round has always been 1-10. We usually end up with a decent spread of results and also so far have ended up with the right winner.

Giving extra points to first will just lead to more tactical voting. You'll suddenly see Friends at first because the poster knew Breaking Bad will do well anyway and then the actual middle of the list will be skewed.
Meh. Taking 6 rounds just to get from 50 to 30 and then one round, scored like that, to rank them is not great. Getting faster from 50 to 30 and then have a round(s) to get to top 10/15 would have made more sense. But too late now

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Meh. Taking 6 rounds just to get from 50 to 30 and then one round, scored like that, to rank them is not great. Getting faster from 50 to 30 and then have a round(s) to get to top 10/15 would have made more sense. But too late now
Apologies if you have felt that way bud. Always happy to listen to recommendations but wouldn't be right to change things this late in the game.

massi83

Apologies if you have felt that way bud. Always happy to listen to recommendations but wouldn't be right to change things this late in the game.
No need to apologies for feck's sake :lol: Good job on the whole! But spending 75% of the rounds on getting from 50 to 30 does seem sub-optimal to me, that's all.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
No need to apologies for feck's sake :lol: Good job on the whole! But spending 75% of the rounds on getting from 50 to 30 does seem sub-optimal to me, that's all.
Yeah, this specific version (TV Shows) has been a bit of a head scratch to be honest. With games we did the rounds based on generations of consoles and films were based on genres. Next years music albums will be based on decades... this however, it's really hard to group stuff together.

Havak

Pokemon master
Lost vs. The Expanse
The Shield vs. Arrested Development
Community vs. Parks & Recreation
Friends vs. Death Note
Futurama vs. Peep Show
Black Adder vs. Rome
The Office (UK) vs. Scrubs

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Stop typing and go watch it right now

80% of Dragonballz are just close-ups of characters making weird facial expressions before they ever do anything. It's probably the last anime you should recommend to people that over the age of 8 who haven't watched anime.

People that don't watch much anime should instead watch things like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
80% of Dragonballz are just close-ups of characters making weird facial expressions before they ever do anything. It's probably the last anime you should recommend to people that over the age of 8 who haven't watched anime.

People that don't watch much anime should instead watch things like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Black Lagoon.
Whilst you are correct... All I'll say is:

KAAAMMMME, HAAAAMMMME, HAAAAAAA!!!

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Watch something like Ghost in the Shell (2nd is decent as well), Bebop the movie or Akira when starting with Anime and leave the series away. Or with those retro football superstars feat Tzubasa.

Big Andy

Bloke
Lost vs. The Expanse
Friends
vs. Death Note
Futurama
vs. Peep Show
Black Adder vs. Rome
The Office (UK)
vs. Scrubs

Big Andy

Bloke
Terrible draw for Alan Partridge up against Better Call Saul. I loved BCS, but I love Alan more and his longevity has swung it for me, that and the fact that I'm still quoting it and watching it some 20 years later.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Watch something like Ghost in the Shell (2nd is decent as well), Bebop the movie or Akira when starting with Anime and leave the series away. Or with those retro football superstars feat Tzubasa.
Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie is also a stone cold classic.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Lost vs. The Expanse
Friends vs. Death Note
Futurama vs. Peep Show
Black Adder
vs. Rome
The Office (UK)
vs. Scrubs

Anustart89

Lost vs. The Expanse
Friends vs. Death Note
Futurama vs. Peep Show
Black Adder vs. Rome

hobbers

How many -5 vetoes do we get for the finals?

Hope it's 5 each. Let chaos reign.

justsomebloke

Futurama vs. Peep Show
Black Adder
vs. Rome