Television Taskmaster | Series 18 starts tonight

Next line up leaked but will be shown end of this one anyway

That was a great series.
But disappointed that the dull Sarah won and will be in the champion of champions series instead of the wonderful Lee or Mike.

It's like when Liza Tarbuck won ahead of the brilliant Tim Vine. I'm not particularly bothered about the 'winning' part of the light hearted show. It's the fact that I miss out on seeing the much funnier competitors again in the champion of champions episodes.

That was a quick contestant reveal. I saw Alan Davies, Morgana Robinson and Victoria Coren-Mitchell but didn’t recognise the other two.

that series grew on me. Really enjoyed it!

Davies be a good one I think in the new series. Always enjoyed him in QI

A mixed bag for series 12.

I've been wanting Victoria Coren Mitchell to be on Taskmaster for ages, so I'm delighted about that. Alan Davies has decent potential as well.

I don't know anything about Guz Khan, I'm not keen on Morgana Robinson - or any impressionists tbh; and I dislike Desiree Burch who I find way too loud and unfunny on everything I've seen her on.

But, still, delighted to see the lovely VCM on the show. And hopefully David Mitchell will be on in a future series as well.

That was a quick contestant reveal. I saw Alan Davies, Morgana Robinson and Victoria Coren-Mitchell but didn’t recognise the other two.

Guz Khan from man like mobeen on channel four pretty funny. Alan Davies should be amazing and i would expect the others to be pretty funny.

Doesn't look like we will ever get Richard Ayoade

It was only when watching this season of Taskmaster that I realised Jamali Maddix and Guz Khan were different people, as only ever saw him on WILTY and they have similar confrontational energy.

Found Jamali annoying at the start but did a complete 180 on him by the end.

I do like Guz Khan and Man like Mobeen was good.

Alan Davies can be a bit annoying on QI

Guz Khan from man like mobeen on channel four pretty funny. Alan Davies should be amazing and i would expect the others to be pretty funny.

Doesn't look like we will ever get Richard Ayoade
I'd love him to be on.
Victoria Coren Mitchell, David Mitchell, Richard Ayoade and Milton Jones are four of the ones that haven't yet been out that I've been hoping for. So great to see VCM on this one at least.

Surely Wozniak goes down as the greatest contestant ever. Two of the most iconic Taskmaster moments easily between the hemorrhoid and mohawk.

Worst winner ever?
Yeah, I'd definitely say so.
For an apparent comedian, on a comedy style show, she barely made any attempt to be funny and just took a very straight, dull approach to the tasks.

Before that, my least favourite winner was Kerry Godliman. But that was more because I, personally, found her loud and hard work, but at least she made an effort to be funny and entertaining even if she's not for me.

Sarah was just deadly dull.

Worst winner ever?
For an apparent comedian, on a comedy style show, she barely made any attempt to be funny and just took a very straight, dull approach to the tasks.

Before that, my least favourite winner was Kerry Godliman. But that was more because I, personally, found her loud and hard work, but at least she made an effort to be funny and entertaining even if she's not for me.

She grew on me a bit in the later episodes personally but for me worst is between her and Tarbuck. To be fair though I found her a million miles more tolerable than Daisy May Cooper last series - if she'd won I'd have had her in a completely separate tier beneath every other winner.

She grew on me a bit in the later episodes personally but for me worst is between her and Tarbuck. To be fair though I found her a million miles more tolerable than Daisy May Cooper last series - if she'd won I'd have had her in a completely separate tier beneath every other winner.
Yeah, I really try to give female comediens the benefit of the doubt, as we're rightly trying to promote them to the main stage, and ive also heard her podcast is quite funny, but I just didn't find her entertaining whatsoever.

Wozniak is tier 1 though.

Yeah, I really try to give female comediens the benefit of the doubt, as we're rightly trying to promote them to the main stage, and ive also heard her podcast is quite funny, but I just didn't find her entertaining whatsoever.

I'm not sure those two sentences go together, TBH. Either they're good enough, and deserving; or they're not, and shouldn't be being pushed unduly.

If they're 'rightly being promoted to the main stage', then they're good enough and deserving and should be held to the same levels as the male comedians so no need to 'give them the benefit of the doubt.' Treat them the same and praise them when it's deserved, criticism them when it's deserved. If they're not good enough, so need to be judged to a lower standard in order to escape criticism, then they're not rightly on 'the main stage' and shouldn't be taking the place of more deserving performers.

Would say it's less to do with gender and more to do with willingness to throw yourself into the madness of the show - the best contestants are always the ones who don't take it too seriously and are willing to have a laugh at their own expense. I suppose that I can appreciate the argument that it might be more difficult for women to do that, but for me the best ones are marked by their willingness to go all in - Jess Knappett, Sally Phillips, and Mel Giedroyc spring to mind.

Yeah, I agree about Daisy May Cooper. Although my least favourite of all contestants so far was Aisling Bea.

Just to avoid people harshly saying 'they're all women', I'll add that my least favourite men so far have been Iain Stirling and Mawaan Rizwan.

Thought it was one of the most likeable collection of contestants they've had. Even Sarah, straightforward though her approach was.

Mike Wozniak was particularly amazing though. Not many guys can pull off the moustache and the mohawk but he makes it look easy.

Yeah, I agree about Daisy May Cooper. Although my least favourite of all contestants so far was Aisling Bea.

Just to avoid people harshly saying 'they're all women', I'll add that my least favourite men so far have been Iain Stirling and Mawaan Rizwan.

I'm just glad the show has bounced back personally - wasn't a huge fan of series 8-10, with 9 and 10 standing out as being particularly mediocre in my mind. Very disappointing on the back of series 7, which still for me is the best one.

Obviously the cast being significantly better is the key improvement, but also think that bringing Tim Key in as a task consultant probably helped quite a bit as well.

Have only somehow started watching this recently.

Just watching random episodes from different series seems to work well enough. Bob Mortimer is made for this.

Have only somehow started watching this recently.

Just watching random episodes from different series seems to work well enough. Bob Mortimer is made for this.

Not sure if you're aware but every episode is available on YouTube for free on their channel - although I'm not sure if this restricted to non-UK regions.

Liza Tarbuck has got a couple negative comments but at least she had a personality. She wasn't particularly funny but at least she added something. Sarah Kendall was beyond bland and added nothing. They could have edited her out entirely and the show would have been better.

I'm just glad the show has bounced back personally - wasn't a huge fan of series 8-10, with 9 and 10 standing out as being particularly mediocre in my mind. Very disappointing on the back of series 7, which still for me is the best one.

Obviously the cast being significantly better is the key improvement, but also think that bringing Tim Key in as a task consultant probably helped quite a bit as well.
Yeah, completely agree with all of that.
Series 7 is definitely my favourite, although all of series 1-7 were very good.

Series 8-10 were worse, and yeah, especially series 9 and 10. I've re-watched series 8 again recently and enjoyed it a lot more - although Lou Sanders' zany antics are still hit and miss and can go from funny to annoying. But I think it's a better series than it originally felt when following such a brilliant series 7.

This series has definitely been a big return to form after the disappointing series 9 and 10. The only downer being the dullest contestant just edging out by far the best contestant and preventing him returning for the champion of champions which would have been great.

Series 8-10 were worse, and yeah, especially series 9 and 10. I've re-watched series 8 again recently and enjoyed it a lot more - although Lou Sanders' zany antics are still hit and miss and can go from funny to annoying. But I think it's a better series than it originally felt when following such a brilliant series 7.

This series has definitely been a big return to form after the disappointing series 9 and 10. The only downer being the dullest contestant just edging out by far the best contestant and preventing him returning for the champion of champions which would have been great.

Makes sense re: series 8 - might have to give that one another shot!

Thanks will check it out. I never liked Noel Fielding much but he's awesome as well in this.

Think we're in the same boat! I'd never considered myself a huge fan of his prior to that series - I liked him as a foil to the likes of Ayoade but that was about the extent of it. On Taskmaster though I found him almost irresistibly charming and it's made his work grow in my estimation considerably.

I thought Season 9 was excellent with the competitiveness of Ed and Rose and David Baddiel was great as well.

Season 10 was unwatchable for me i just couldn't take Daisy any more and Mawaan was completely dull the egg task aside.

6 and 8 were poor but the rest were top quality i have been re watching and would have to pick season 2 , 4 and 5 as my favourites as the casts just really got into it so much.

Wasn't convinced on Noel before Tasmaster but a big fan now as Greg said during the show he showed himself to be a total lad in the tasks as opposed to the gothy offbeat image everyone has of him

This season has been one of the best too in my opinion and proof the show can work with the Covid restrictions

Would say it's less to do with gender and more to do with willingness to throw yourself into the madness of the show - the best contestants are always the ones who don't take it too seriously and are willing to have a laugh at their own expense. I suppose that I can appreciate the argument that it might be more difficult for women to do that, but for me the best ones are marked by their willingness to go all in - Jess Knappett, Sally Phillips, and Mel Giedroyc spring to mind.

Lou Sanders was really good I thought. Got straight into it.