Sunday's gossip

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has renewed his interest in Brazilian midfielder Douglas Costa, a player he originally tried to sign 18 months ago.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Barcelona right-back Dani Alves has been offered to Manchester City after failing to agree a new contract with the Spanish giants.
Full story: News of the World (subscription)

Liverpool's Spanish goalkeeper Pepe Reina has dropped his biggest hint yet he will quit Anfield this summer.
Full story: Sunday Mirror

The Anfield club will make an audacious £10m bid to sign left-back Leighton Baines from city rivals Everton.

Arsenal are considering letting captain Cesc Fabregas rejoin Barcelona this summer, but the Gunners would want around £45m for the World Cup-winning midfielder.
Full story: Sunday Express

Aston Villa's Ashley Young could be on his way to Liverpool with Kenny Dalglish keen to sign wide players to make the most of striker Andy Carroll - Matt Jarvis of Wolves is also on the wanted list.

OTHER GOSSIP

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is wanted by Manchester City and is the club's number one target to replace Roberto Mancini, although the former Chelsea boss still wants to manage Manchester United after Sir Alex Ferguson's eventual departure.
Full story: Mail on Sunday

Mancini fears that the on and off-field behaviour of striker Mario Balotelli could get him the sack.

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov is desperate to sign a new contract to keep him at Old Trafford for the rest of his career. Talks between the 30-year-old striker's agent and United have hit problems over the length of the deal, with the club offering only a two-year extension on a deal that expires in 2012.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has promised an investigation after nightclub photos of three Newcastle players - striker Leon Best on-loan midfielder Stephen Ireland and reserve team player Stephen Folan - were posted on the internet.

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp says he wants Spurs to win the league next season, but his concern this year is for a top four finish.
Full story: talkSport

Sunderland owner Ellis Short will reaffirm his commitment to the club in an address to the Black Cats supporters on Sunday.
AND FINALLY

Jermain Defoe squandered numerous chances in Tottenham's 0-0 draw at home to West Ham on Saturday. The England striker has netted 99 times for Spurs but perhaps tempted fate by wearing a T-shirt under jersey with words "100 GOALS" printed on in.

Striker Emmanuel Adebayor, who has had his curls chopped off, hopes his new haircut will help him land a permanent deal at Real Madrid.
Todays shite

ciderman9000000

I see no reason to not give Berba a longer contract; his style of play means he could play on for a number of years yet and he's rarely ever injured; a very useful player and it's good to hear he wants to see out his career at the club.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I see no reason to not give Berba a longer contract; his style of play means he could play on for a number of years yet and he's rarely ever injured; a very useful player and it's good to hear he wants to see out his career at the club.
I totally agree but i guess the club cant be seen to have one rule for one and another for the rest.

Lance Uppercut

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United are reportedly planning a move to lure Tottenham playmaker Rafael van der Vaart to Old Trafford.
Full story: Caught Offside

Manchester United want Inter Milan's Wesley Sneijder as a replacement for Paul Scholes.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Liverpool are apparently interested in Aston Villa winger Marc Albrighton and may move to sign the youngster this summer.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has added Barcelona's Jeffren Suarez to his wish list.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is set to take advantage of defender Wes Brown's falling out with Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United by signing the full-back this summer.

Brown is also a target for Premier League sides Everton and Sunderland.

Aston Villa and West Ham United are leading the chase to buy Liverpool midfielder Joe Cole.

Liverpool, Tottenham and Everton are battling for the signature of Real Madrid's Fernando Gago.

Newcastle are scouting AZ Alkmaar's Kolbeinn Sigthorsson as a replacement for Andy Carroll.

OTHER GOSSIP

Ruud van Nistelrooy wants to return to the Premier League - even if he has to play as a reserve.

Marouane Fellaini's dad has upset David Moyes by claiming Everton are not a big enough.

Abdoulaye Meite will extend his contract if West Brom avoid relegation.

Wigan manager Roberto Martinez is losing the support of his chairman Dave Whelan.

Caught Offside. Radical.

Gambit

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United will look to rebuild their midfield around Wesley Sneijder this summer and will offer £40m for the Inter Milan star.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

And United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is desperate to beat Liverpool to the signature of Aston Villa's England winger Ashley Young.
Full story: Sunday Mail

AC Milan are ready to make an offer for 23-year-old Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri.

OTHER GOSSIP

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has written off Spurs' chances of causing an upset when they meet in their Champions League last-eight tie.

Meanwhile Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has insisted that the midweek trip to the Bernabeu was not playing on his players' minds as they played out an uninspiring 0-0 draw with Wigan.

Chelsea's recent good form against Manchester United is down to nothing more than luck, Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed.

David Moyes will consider quitting as Everton manager if star players like Jack Rodwell and Leighton Baines are sold.
AND FINALLY

Rafael van der Vaart has pleaded with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp not to substitute him in the Champions League quarter-final clash with his former club Real Madrid.
The early edition of the shite, so no one pastes it before either me or the other guy does. This is our thread.

Devil may care

Nick Harris: Neymar at the head of a new Brazilian invasion | Mail Online

Brazil's two brightest teenage stars, Neymar and Lucas - and up-and-coming international Ganso - want to sign for Premier League clubs this summer, according to their friend and compatriot Rivaldo.

Neymar, who lit up the Emirates Stadium in Brazil's 2-0 defeat of Scotland on Sunday, is 19 and plays at Pele's old club, Santos, as does 21-year-old midfielder Ganso, while Lucas, 18, is a club-mate of Rivaldo at Sao Paulo.

The 2002 World Cup winner and former World and European Player of the Year - still playing at 38 - played down talk that Kaka is England-bound.

'I believe Kaka wants to stay with Real Madrid,' said Rivaldo. 'But three of the best young Brazilians are interested in going to the Premier League. England would suit Neymar, Lucas and Ganso and they would love to move.'
Thought I would just put this here.

Gunnar

theres only one place to live ''MANCHESTER''
Updated

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United are keen to rebuild their midfield around Dutch star Wesley Sneijder this summer and will offer £40m for the Inter Milan star.

And United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is also desperate to beat Liverpool to the signature of Aston Villa's England winger Ashley Young.

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is being targeted by MLS clubs in the United States with the Ivorian star yet to secure an improved contract extension at Stamford Bridge.
Full story: News of the World (subscription required)

AC Milan are ready to make an offer for 23-year-old Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri.

Chelsea look set to join the race to sign QPR forward Adel Taarabt. The 21-year-old Morocco international has two years remaining on his contract with the Championship side.

Leicester City are plotting a summer move for Manchester United striker Michael Owen. The former England star has overcome recent injuries at Old Trafford but has struggled to cement a first-team spot.

OTHER GOSSIP

Steven Gerrard's season could be over after the Liverpool and England midfielder broke down in training with a recurrence of his groin injury. The Reds skipper underwent surgery on 11 March.
Full story: News of the World (subscription required)

The future of boss David Moyes at Everton is under threat with the club chairman Bill Kenwright desperate to reduce the club's £45m debt.

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho has written off Tottenham's chances of causing an upset when they meet in their Champions League last-eight tie.

Meanwhile, Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has insisted that the midweek trip to the Bernabeu was not playing on his players' minds as they played out an uninspiring 0-0 draw with Wigan.

Rafael van der Vaart has pleaded with Spurs boss Harry Redknapp not to substitute him in the Champions League quarter-final clash with his former club Real Madrid.

England boss Fabio Capello has vowed to leave a lasting legacy. With the Italian standing down in the summer of 2012, he said: "I will be really happy when I look back and see young players like Joe Hart, Andy Carroll and Jack Wilshere started with me and I helped them. They will be really important players when England win the World Cup." Full story: Sunday Express

Chelsea's recent good form against Manchester United is down to nothing more than luck, Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed.

David Moyes will consider quitting as Everton manager if star players like Jack Rodwell and Leighton Baines are sold.

AND FINALLY

Craven Cottage is set for a 'thriller' today for Blackpool's visit to the home of Fulham FC. The statue of Michael Jackson will be unveiled after being put there by club owner Mohamed Al Fayed as a tribute to the singing legend who died two years ago.

Gambit

Thats it, thats the update, what is going on with the Sunday shite, hardly seems worth it recently. Morning Gunnar.

Alex

Michael Jackson in the transfer forum...I'm sure Michael has found himself in More peculiar places.

Alex

I know I was the one who coded Michael for the caf

Gunnar

theres only one place to live ''MANCHESTER''
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is considering selling striker Fernando Torres in the summer following the Spain star's so-far unsuccessful £50m switch from Liverpool.

Manchester City are lining up a sensational £40m bid for Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere - and the Eastlands club will tempt the 19-year-old with an offer to double his wages to £100,000 a week. (News of the World)

City are also keeping an eye on Udinese's Chilean winger Alexis Sanchez. (News of the World)

Tottenham may sell Gareth Bale after conceding they would have to listen to offers of above £30m for the Welsh winger. The news will alert the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool as well as Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is wanted by German side Hamburg, who may be able to prise him from north London for £8m. Full story: Mail on Sunday

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel has told a Danish newspaper that Wayne Rooney would be better off at a club such as Real Madrid.

Juventus midfielder Claudio Marchisio has dismissed reports he may be leaving the club for Manchester United.
Full story: Goal.com

Newcastle midfielder Joeyy Barton is on the verge of quitting the club after talks over a enw deal broke down. (NOTW)

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson is looking to get Zinedine Zidane's teenage son Enzo, currently at Real Madrid, on the books at Old Trafford.

Liverpool are considering offering Aston Villa goalkeeper Brad Freidel a chance to return to Anfield amid rumours that Pepe Reina may be seeking a move away from Merseyside in the summer.

OTHER GOSSIP

Ajax boss Martin Jol may make a return to Fulham if Mark Hughes - currently on a one-year deal - leaves the club in the summer.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted he tried to sign Manchester United and England defender Rio Ferdinand at the start of the season.
Full story: The Observer

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway has revealed that relegation for the Tangerines would mean a 50% wage cut for him and his players.

A birthday party row between Manchester City midfielder James Milner and the agent of Wayne Rooney will add "spice" to the rivals' FA Cup semi-final next week.

Talks over the long-term future of Kenny Dalglish at Liverpool started weeks ago, says the president of the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group.
Full story: Daily Telegraph

Tottenham's Croatian defender Vedran Corluka apparently had to be restrained by assistant manager Kevin Bond after going over to have a few words with a "moaning" fan following Spurs' 3-2 victory against Stoke on Saturday.

Aston Villa's Ashley Young has rubbished Joey Barton's claims that the Newcastle player is the best midfielder in England.
Full story: Sunday People

AND FINALLY

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he wants to carry on working for another 20 years - which would take him into his 80s. (Sunday Express)

Michael Jackson may be immortalised with a statue outside the ground, but the King of Pop's visit to Craven Cottage was a bit of a farce according to one unnamed player who was there on that memorable day.

Cal?

CR7 fan
£40m for Wilshere seems to be a better idea than £30m for Bale.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Full story on the Redknapp bid.

Harry Redknapp tried to sign Rio Ferdinand, wants more leaders - ESPN Soccernet

Redknapp tried to sign Rio
April 10, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted he tried to sign Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand, claiming Spurs need more leaders if they are to go to the next level.

Redknapp said he had an audacious bid for England centre-back Ferdinand rejected at the start of the season, with United telling him he was not for sale.

"I can't ever see us getting Rio now. I was interested. Last year, I tried. I tried at the start of the season," Redknapp said, according to the Guardian. "When he was on the teamsheet against Chelsea in the Champions League, I thought Man United had got a much, much better chance of getting a result and it proved that way."

Redknapp wants to make Tottenham Champions League regulars and in looking at the Premier League clubs ahead of his - the likes of United and Chelsea - he has identified that the blueprint for success includes a core of strong-willed generals amongst a cast of talented imports, the latter of which Tottenham already have an increasing number.

Redknapp urged chairman Daniel Levy to ensure big personalities, along with big talents, are among those on the club's summer shopping list.

"I've said many times to the chairman, it's not always about the best players, it's about getting characters in your football club," Redknapp said. "Chelsea have had it over the years, whether it's John Terry or Frank [Lampard], and Man United have had it with [Ryan] Giggs, Ferdinand and [Nemanja] Vidic.

"William [Gallas] has come in and given us experience and we've got Michael [Dawson] at the back but in the long term I still feel that you need to find another one or two if you're going to keep progressing, that type of real character, who has opinions and that will to win around the dressing room - a few leaders. You can't have too many at your club. That's why I tried to take Phil Neville from Everton in January."

anver

Shart stop
Full story on the Redknapp bid.

Harry Redknapp tried to sign Rio Ferdinand, wants more leaders - ESPN Soccernet

Redknapp tried to sign Rio
April 10, 2011
By ESPNsoccernet staff

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted he tried to sign Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand, claiming Spurs need more leaders if they are to go to the next level.

Redknapp said he had an audacious bid for England centre-back Ferdinand rejected at the start of the season, with United telling him he was not for sale.

"I can't ever see us getting Rio now. I was interested. Last year, I tried. I tried at the start of the season," Redknapp said, according to the Guardian. "When he was on the teamsheet against Chelsea in the Champions League, I thought Man United had got a much, much better chance of getting a result and it proved that way."

Redknapp wants to make Tottenham Champions League regulars and in looking at the Premier League clubs ahead of his - the likes of United and Chelsea - he has identified that the blueprint for success includes a core of strong-willed generals amongst a cast of talented imports, the latter of which Tottenham already have an increasing number.

Redknapp urged chairman Daniel Levy to ensure big personalities, along with big talents, are among those on the club's summer shopping list.

"I've said many times to the chairman, it's not always about the best players, it's about getting characters in your football club," Redknapp said. "Chelsea have had it over the years, whether it's John Terry or Frank [Lampard], and Man United have had it with [Ryan] Giggs, Ferdinand and [Nemanja] Vidic.

"William [Gallas] has come in and given us experience and we've got Michael [Dawson] at the back but in the long term I still feel that you need to find another one or two if you're going to keep progressing, that type of real character, who has opinions and that will to win around the dressing room - a few leaders. You can't have too many at your club. That's why I tried to take Phil Neville from Everton in January."
Get him to give the half time pep talk. Sure fire way to win.

Lance Uppercut

TRANSFER GOSSIP

Manchester United are considering a surprise swoop for former striker Diego Forlan, whose future at Atletico Madrid is uncertain after a falling-out with boss Quique Sanchez Flores.

Arsenal may sell Samir Nasri in the close-season, with talks over a new contract for the midfielder stalled and the Gunners unwilling to let the French forward leave on a free transfer in the summer of 2012 when his current deal expires.

Nasri is part of Inter Milan's summer wish list, which also includes the French star's Arsenal team-mate Cesc Fabregas and Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.

The Gunners, meanwhile, are not expecting new American owner Stan Kroenke to splash the cash this summer like Chelsea billionaire Roman Ambramovich.

Newcastle will test just how much Liverpool want their left-back Jose Enrique by insisting that promising Reds midfielder Jay Spearing, 22, moves the other way to St James' Park.

OTHER GOSSIP
Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola is Chelsea's number one choice to replace manager Carlo Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge.

Tottenham wide man Gareth Bale will be named the Professional Football Association's Player of the Year at Sunday night's award ceremony in London.
Full story: Sunday Telegraph

AND FINALLY

England manager Fabio Capello shunned Saturday's FA Cup semi-final between Manchester City and Manchester United at Wembley, opting to stay in Madrid to watch Real Madrid play Barcelona.
Excitement, she wrote.

Minkaro

Argh, I do like Forlan, but I don't want our attack to be any more congested than it already is.

I think Nasri's is the story that's going to have the transfer muppets falling over in excitement.

Donkey's Ears

Newcastle will test just how much Liverpool want their left-back Jose Enrique by insisting that promising Reds midfielder Jay Spearing, 22, moves the other way to St James' Park.

:lol::lol::lol:

Surely a wind-up?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Are the Sunday Mirror trying to match the bullshit being said by caughtoffside.com? I thought caughtoffside.com are the ones who usually comes up with crap like that more often than the others.