Spurs new stadium | Loses NFL for 2020 but gains appearance in Gangs of London £££

I tried so hard not to reply to this wumming, but I cannot help myself:

* Spurs are not the most profitable club in the PL, except for maybe percentage-wise, because of your low wage-bill. But you will not be for long. See below.

* Spurs financial report that you refer to ncludes the last TV-money deal, the clubs you refer to do not. Its also pretty much the only reason why your turnover is improving. The clubs that you refer to will exceed your income"raise".

* The additional income you will recieve from your new stadium will be dwarfed by the interest payments and amortizations you need to make during the next 10 years. After that I guess you will reap the benefits though. And I dont disagree that this was the longterm best thing to do for Spurs. But if you dont think this will cripple you in the next couple of years as it did Arsenal, you are delusional.

* Why do you think Chelsea and Pool abandoned their projects? Look at your own, it would cripple them financially and competition-wise the next 5-10 years. Especially a team like Liverpool.

I will give you one last fact that is not a PR-spin: Spurs payroll is by far the smallest of the top-6 clubs. The wage bills of all major clubs are still waiting for the total impact of the inflation of the transfer market. It will hit hard this summer and extremely hard the next summer. And it will not hit any club harder than Spurs since you are underpaying your squad already.

Sell as much cheese and micro-brew as you want but you will not escape this. Your next 5-10 years will be tough as feck if Levy and the gang does not sell. How are you blind to this, I would be scared as feck for what is coming if I were a Spurs-fan. Luckily I am not.

Wrong. Name one other Prem club that has come even close to posting an operational profit of £163m before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items are taken into account.

Wrong again. Compared to our old stadium, our new stadium will likely increase our income by something approaching £100m per year. Annual stadium-related interest payments and amortisation will certainly not exceed this figure.

Chelsea's project has stalled for several reasons, including the difficulty in getting planning permission due to on-site complications in relation to their surrounds (railway track etc). Liverpool scrapped their plan because it was too expensive … understandable give their club profits compared to that of Spurs.

Spurs net spend on transfers has been incredibly low for many years. Thus the notion that the new stadium after completion will cripple us even further is a non-starter: we have been pre-loading much of the stadium costs for years now - hence the low net transfer-spend. It's hardly possible for our net-spend to be lower than it has been.

Your final point is makes no sense. Given that Spurs payroll is by far the smallest of the top-6 clubs - and that the wage bills of all major clubs are still waiting for the total impact of the inflation of the transfer market - it will hit Spurs the least hardest, not the most.

And if the wages bubble bursts, then Spurs will be in the best position of all.

Wrong. Name one other Prem club that has come even close to posting an operational profit of £163m before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items are taken into account.

Wrong again. Compared to our old stadium, our new stadium will likely increase our income by something approaching £100m per year. Annual stadium-related interest payments and amortisation will certainly not exceed this figure.

Chelsea's project has stalled for several reasons, including the difficulty in getting planning permission due to on-site complications in relation to their surrounds (railway track etc). Liverpool scrapped their plan because it was too expensive … understandable give their club profits compared to that of Spurs.

Spurs net spend on transfers has been incredibly low for many years. Thus the notion that the new stadium after completion will cripple us even further is a non-starter: we have been pre-loading much of the stadium costs for years now - hence the low net transfer-spend. It's hardly possible for our net-spend to be lower than it has been.

Your final point is makes no sense. Given that Spurs payroll is by far the smallest of the top-6 clubs - and that the wage bills of all major clubs are still waiting for the total impact of the inflation of the transfer market - it will hit Spurs the least hardest, not the most.

And if the wages bubble bursts, then Spurs will be in the best position of all.
I am going back to ignoring you, since you seem to lack all understanding of basic economics.

I will just comment on your last paragraph: There is no "wage" bubble yet. Except maybe in Spain but thats irrelevant for this discussion. But it is coming due to what I am about to educate you on now:
You could say that there has been a transfer bubble building the last two years though that is still to have the not nearly close to the full impact on players wages yet. But this is only a bubble if you think that the European economy and/or the TV-money is going to default. Which there is no sign of (the latter, the first who the feck knows).
So if I do you the helpful thing and correc tyour last incorrectly stated paragraph to "And if the "transfer" bubble bursts, then Spurs will be in the best position of all" I would have to agree with you. So you should wish for this.
But if the transfer market holds up Spurs will have major problems next summer and will be royally screwed in another summer. You will have to triple your wage budget to keep up just as it is now.
I will leave you with that ands revisit this post when Eriksen leaves for another club next summer with 50m in signing bonus and 350-400k in wages. Real Madrid says hi.

I am going back to ignoring you, since you seem to lack all understanding of basic economics.

I will just comment on your last paragraph: There is no "wage" bubble yet. Except maybe in Spain but thats irrelevant for this discussion. But it is coming due to what I am about to educate you on now:
You could say that there has been a transfer bubble building the last two years though that is still to have the not nearly close to the full impact on players wages yet. But this is only a bubble if you think that the European economy and/or the TV-money is going to default. Which there is no sign of (the latter, the first who the feck knows).
So if I do you the helpful thing and correc tyour last incorrectly stated paragraph to "And if the "transfer" bubble bursts, then Spurs will be in the best position of all" I would have to agree with you. So you should wish for this.
But if the transfer market holds up Spurs will have major problems next summer and will be royally screwed in another summer. You will have to triple your wage budget to keep up just as it is now.
I will leave you with that ands revisit this post when Eriksen leaves for another club next summer with 50m in signing bonus and 350-400k in wages. Real Madrid says hi.

Translation: your claims that (a) Spurs are not the most profitable Prem club has been blown out of the water and (b) that the extra income from new stadium will be dwarfed by interest payments (etc) have been blown out of the water and you have no reply.

As for your wages argument, this has been trotted out every year for several years past, along with the usual predictions of a mass exodus of our best players and the club's fortunes nose-diving. And every year the predictions collapse into dust, just as they did last summer when Kane signed his new contract. So yours is just the latest prediction in a tired old line of Spurs soon to be "royally screwed". It's always "you'll see, just wait for next summer".

Translation: your claims that (a) Spurs are not the most profitable Prem club has been blown out of the water and (b) that the extra income from new stadium will be dwarfed by interest payments (etc) have been blown out of the water and you have no reply.

As for your wages argument, this has been trotted out every year for several years past, along with the usual predictions of a mass exodus of our best players and the club's fortunes nose-diving. And every year the predictions collapse into dust, just as they did last summer when Kane signed his new contract. So yours is just the latest prediction in a tired old line of Spurs soon to be "royally screwed". It's always "you'll see, just wait for next summer".
I should really stop this, but:
Are you completely delusional? Because you are if you think that Kane signed that contract without some kind of exit-clause.
It might be tied to a transfer fee or Spurs performance or (most likely) a combination of both.
Or - I will give you that - maybe he actually is Spurs to the bone and actually did sign a vastly underpaid salary contract just because he loves the club. With no possibility to leave for his best years if Spurs start losing their best players and nosedive in the table.
It would actually be supercool if he did. Realistically though: Did not happen.
And you dont have to take a higher class of economics to understand that the actions of PSG and Barcelona the last two years will have a never before seen kickback on players wages. We have never seen this inflation of the market before as we have the last two years.
Sanchez was the first, this summer it will be players like De Gea, Hazard and Eriksen; and their agents who can laugh their way to the bank. The difference between those players are that United has the turnover to live with a 400k contract for De Gea. Hazard is already on big money and at a club with a Russian owner.
How the feck are Spurs going to compete when Real offers Eriksen 400k next summer and a hefty sign-on? Im not going to wait for your answer.

Delays with huge construction projects are hardly unusual. We'll have our new stadium for many decades to come, so a delay of 3 months or so is small beer in comparison.

Projects are often delayed - which is why it’s scandalous that Spurs are compromising the integrity of the PL season. Let’s remeber there is NO guarantee when they will actually play there!

Spurs are directly effecting fans of opposing teams - today is the perfect example. Spurs’ lack of planning has cost some Utd and Everton fans £100’s of pounds in additional travel and accommodation. Simple not accepatable.

You are wrong. Such things are relatively minor details. What will make our stadium the best football stadium in the UK are the major features like:

* Biggest single-tier stand.
* State of the art acoustic engineering designed to maximise atmosphere.
* Retractable pitch, enabling multi-purpose stadium use.
* Facilities and freedom/ease of movement in place to make it a day out, rather than turning up just before kick-off and leaving straight after.

The biggest thing your are missing is history and soul - you can’t buy that. I’d take Old Trafford and er Anfield (feel a little sick saying that!) any day of the week rather than something shiney and new - which no doubt will be superceeded in a few years anyway.

It’s still nowhere near the biggest ground, so it’s bound to be the best stadium if you ignore crucial things like history and size. Some players dream all their lives to play at places like Old Trafford - you can’t replace that with a climbing wall.

I’m certain it will be state of the art - and something for your fans to be proud of, but I live in London and it’s only going to attract Spurs fans who just want to go and watch football not wander for hours drinking artisan coffee.

I should really stop this, but:
Are you completely delusional? Because you are if you think that Kane signed that contract without some kind of exit-clause.
It might be tied to a transfer fee or Spurs performance or (most likely) a combination of both.
Or - I will give you that - maybe he actually is Spurs to the bone and actually did sign a vastly underpaid salary contract just because he loves the club. With no possibility to leave for his best years if Spurs start losing their best players and nosedive in the table.
It would actually be supercool if he did. Realistically though: Did not happen.
And you dont have to take a higher class of economics to understand that the actions of PSG and Barcelona the last two years will have a never before seen kickback on players wages. We have never seen this inflation of the market before as we have the last two years.
Sanchez was the first, this summer it will be players like De Gea, Hazard and Eriksen; and their agents who can laugh their way to the bank. The difference between those players are that United has the turnover to live with a 400k contract for De Gea. Hazard is already on big money and at a club with a Russian owner.
How the feck are Spurs going to compete when Real offers Eriksen 400k next summer and a hefty sign-on? Im not going to wait for your answer.

Yet more "next summer, just you wait and see" predictions of doom for Spurs, coupled with "exit clause" claims re. Kane's contract, concerning which you have no knowledge but still blow your hot air about anyway.

If clubs like United are dumb enough to throw absurd wages at the likes of Sanchez (Shaw et al), then that's their lookout. All it does is inflate wages demands across the entire squad and make it impossible to ever sell such players without heavily subsidising their wages at another club or else wait for their contracts to expire and meanwhile shell out.

You might ask yourself why Spurs have managed to get Kane to sign a new contract for less than half what United pay an over-the-hill player … and then direct your questioning at United's wages policy rather than criticising the wages policy of Spurs. Answering that "it's because United can afford it" is a lamest of replies, which begs all sorts of questions about the silly way in which the club is run.

Moreover, banging on about income (in terms of affordability of wages) ignores the separate issue of profits, of which Spurs make far more than United. With the profits we make, sure we could pay higher wages, and are starting to do so, but have chosen thus far to invest our profits for the long-term (new stadium complex etc) rather than throwing £500k per week at a players like Sanchez only to find that their impact is marginal.

Projects are often delayed - which is why it’s scandalous that Spurs are compromising the integrity of the PL season. Let’s remeber there is NO guarantee when they will actually play there!

Spurs are directly effecting fans of opposing teams - today is the perfect example. Spurs’ lack of planning has cost some Utd and Everton fans £100’s of pounds in additional travel and accommodation. Simple not accepatable.

Take it up with the Prem authorities. Spurs had fall-back agreements in place with Wembley and now we've been exercising those agreements. Simple as that.

The biggest thing your are missing is history and soul - you can’t buy that. I’d take Old Trafford and er Anfield (feel a little sick saying that!) any day of the week rather than something shiney and new - which no doubt will be superceeded in a few years anyway.

It’s still nowhere near the biggest ground, so it’s bound to be the best stadium if you ignore crucial things like history and size. Some players dream all their lives to play at places like Old Trafford - you can’t replace that with a climbing wall.

I’m certain it will be state of the art - and something for your fans to be proud of, but I live in London and it’s only going to attract Spurs fans who just want to go and watch football not wander for hours drinking artisan coffee.

Spurs have plenty of history and soul, thanks very much. If you're happy with OT - and will still be happy with OT in ten years from now, then great - your happy and Spurs fans are happy to have built a new stadium. We're all happy!

As for your prediction that "it’s only going to attract Spurs fans who just want to go and watch football not wander for hours drinking artisan coffee", we shall see. The club undertook a great deal of research - and visited many stadiums around the world - before deciding on the chosen approach/design. I'd bet on the club being proved right over your prediction otherwise.

@GlastonSpur

Given the clubs unimaginable wealth, you have to ask why Levy decided not to spend a single penny in the transfer market last summer.

We don't have "unimaginable wealth" and we have funded/are funding a close-to-one billion pounds set of construction projects. Couple that with the players we might have wanted not being available - or else not being available at a price we were willing to pay - and you have your answer.

It's not rocket science baby.

We don't have "unimaginable wealth" and we have funded/are funding a close-to-one billion pounds set of construction projects. Couple that with the players we might have wanted not being available - or else not being available at a price we were willing to pay - and you have your answer.

It's not rocket science baby.

Which would have been paid for long before last summer, thus having absolutely no impact on the clubs ability to invest in the transfer market.

When specific players are not available, you simply move on to a more accessible target. Football clubs have been doing this since the dawn of time.

Brobeans, baby, what's with all the affection on this forum lately?

Spurs have plenty of history and soul, thanks very much. If you're happy with OT - and will still be happy with OT in ten years from now, then great - your happy and Spurs fans are happy to have built a new stadium. We're all happy!

As for your prediction that "it’s only going to attract Spurs fans who just want to go and watch football not wander for hours drinking artisan coffee", we shall see. The club undertook a great deal of research - and visited many stadiums around the world - before deciding on the chosen approach/design. I'd bet on the club being proved right over your prediction otherwise.

Is this the club who thought their stadium would be finished in the summer? Predictions are not going well so far are they?

I’ve never been to a football match and wanted to do anything but go to the pub and then to watch the match - the same as 99.9% of people. The priority for anyone living in London is the commute - get to the match, watch it and get home as quickly as possible. Simples.

Do you actually live in London?

Spurs do have a history obviously - but you think that suddenly having a new stadium will make it the best in the country, that’s the issue I have, and I certainly believe that’s why Old Trafford and Anfield at least will still be considered the better stadia. It’s not going to be the biggest, and it’s not going to be host to a club that millions of kids dream of playing for/ or want to visit.

I’m trying to be pragmatic - it’s going to be a great stadium, but no it won’t be the best. Unfortunately you are very binary and almost impossible to have a discussion with.

Which would have been paid for long before last summer, thus having absolutely no impact on the clubs ability to invest in the transfer market.

When specific players are not available, you simply move on to a more accessible target. Football clubs have been doing this since the dawn of time.

You have to practice those somewhere when you are married to the CEO ;)

Say what?

The new training ground might well already been paid for, but maybe not the Player Lodge that's since been added, and definitely not the new stadium complex - this last is the lion's share of the costs by far. And even when the stadium itself is open for business, there is also an adjacent hotel (including apartments) to be completed - so far only ground works for this have been done - and other buildings.

You are perhaps confusion having funding (including bank loans) to pay for projects to completion, and having paid back all loans. In my book only the latter amounts to something having been "paid for". The point of Spurs having re-invested club profits into all this (and continuing to do so) is to minimise the required loans. Profits so spent cannot also be spent on signing players.

Is this the club who thought their stadium would be finished in the summer? Predictions are not going well so far are they?

I’ve never been to a football match and wanted to do anything but go to the pub and then to watch the match - the same as 99.9% of people. The priority for anyone living in London is the commute - get to the match, watch it and get home as quickly as possible. Simples.

Do you actually live in London?

Spurs do have a history obviously - but you think that suddenly having a new stadium will make it the best in the country, that’s the issue I have, and I certainly believe that’s why Old Trafford and Anfield at least will still be considered the better stadia. It’s not going to be the biggest, and it’s not going to be host to a club that millions of kids dream of playing for/ or want to visit.

I’m trying to be pragmatic - it’s going to be a great stadium, but no it won’t be the best. Unfortunately you are very binary and almost impossible to have a discussion with.

Well, they're going better than the annual "Spurs will crash and burn" predictions made each summer for several years pasts.

The fans who want to just get to the match, watch it and get home as quickly as possible have never had any other choice, because the stadia they go to don't offer the facilities and attractions for doing otherwise. It's like saying that all customers buy black cars, but ignoring a situation where no car-company offers any other colours. As I've said, the club has looked into all this - particularly with regard to some stadia in the USA - and designed our new stadium accordingly.

The question of which stadium is/will be best is subjective - opinions will vary. Our new stadium won't be the biggest (tho' it will be the 2nd biggest), but in terms of the build quality, the facilities provided, the acoustic engineering, the single-tier stand and much much more, I believe it will be seen as the best by most visitors.

Reading some of Glasty’s posts is like watching stocks get pumped on a trading forum.

Record profit. Check!
Record, single tiered single spanned wotnot end. Check!
Record income. Check!
Record Cheese room/micro brewery this, that and the other. Check!
Record cost/time overun. Check!

Feck trophy’s! This is what it’s all about!

Well, they're going better than the annual "Spurs will crash and burn" predictions made each summer for several years pasts.

The fans who want to just get to the match, watch it and get home as quickly as possible have never had any other choice, because the stadia they go to don't offer the facilities and attractions for doing otherwise. It's like saying that all customers buy black cars, but ignoring a situation where no car-company offers any other colours. As I've said, the club has looked into all this - particularly with regard to some stadia in the USA - and designed our new stadium accordingly.

The question of which stadium is/will be best is subjective - opinions will vary. Our new stadium won't be the biggest (tho' it will be the 2nd biggest), but in terms of the build quality, the facilities provided, the acoustic engineering, the single-tier stand and much much more, I believe it will be seen as the best by most visitors.

Built quality! How can you claim this - it might end up being true, but when there the builders are drinking tinnies on site, with the main contractor having no control over subbies, leading to much work being redone and overrunning by 6 months to a year - there are probably lots of cut corners going on. The hyperbole you come out with is astonishing.

PS - there’s plenty of things to do at The Olympic Stadium, and guess what - fans just want to watch the football and go home. You don’t live in London do you.

a-HR0c-Dov-L3d3dy5zc-GFj-ZS5jb20va-W1h-Z2-Vz-L2kv-MDAw-Lz-Aw-OS84-MDkvb3-Jp-Z2lu-YWwva2-Vubm-Vke-S1tb29-Nw-ZWVja-C0x-OTYx-Lmpw-Zw.jpg
:lol:

Built quality! How can you claim this - it might end up being true, but when there the builders are drinking tinnies on site, with the main contractor having no control over subbies, leading to much work being redone and overrunning by 6 months to a year - there are probably lots of cut corners going on. The hyperbole you come out with is astonishing.

PS - there’s plenty of things to do at The Olympic Stadium, and guess what - fans just want to watch the football and go home. You don’t live in London do you.

I can claim this because I've seen many, many photos and videos - and read many first-hand reports. And they all point to high level of finishing, build quality and attention to detail. The club have really gone the extra mile with this stadium … which has perhaps contributed to the timetable over-run.

Be sceptical if you wish, but I think fans - opposition and otherwise - will be blown away when they arrive by how fantastic it is compared to every other club football stadium in the UK, especially the older and creakier ones.

The Olympic Stadium? Do me a favour - it's not even designed for football. It's a dog's breakfast. W.Ham fans hate it, so it's no surprise they want out as soon as possible:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/29/why-west-ham-fans-are-in-revolt

Glaston have you visited the stadium? It looks stunning on fifa 19 I have to admit.

I’m not usually a fan of new stadiums they all look too similar, I’m a lover of classic old stadia like San Siro and Camp Nou.

But I have to say spurs stadium looks good.

The Olympic Stadium? Do me a favour - it's not even designed for football. It's a dog's breakfast. W.Ham fans hate it, so it's no surprise they want out as soon as possible:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/29/why-west-ham-fans-are-in-revolt

I’m not talking about the stadium itself, you took that completely out of context - maybe I should have been clearer. But there is an immense amount of things you can do within the Olympic Stadium Area - and my point was that no football fans want to do any of it. They want to watch the football and go home.

Reading some of Glasty’s posts is like watching stocks get pumped on a trading forum.

Record profit. Check!
Record, single tiered single spanned wotnot end. Check!
Record income. Check!
Record Cheese room/micro brewery this, that and the other. Check!
Record cost/time overun. Check!

Feck trophy’s! This is what it’s all about!

The thread is about our new stadium, including naturally the finances related to this.

If you want a thread about Spurs' trophy haul, then no one is stopping you from creating it.

Glaston have you visited the stadium? It looks stunning on fifa 19 I have to admit.

I’m not usually a fan of new stadiums they all look too similar, I’m a lover of classic old stadia like San Siro and Camp Nou.

But I have to say spurs stadium looks good.

No, I haven't yet visited the stadium. Tours are not yet available (although you can walk round the outside of course), not least because various safety certificates have yet to be signed off.

I’m not talking about the stadium itself, you took that completely out of context - maybe I should have been clearer. But there is an immense amount of things you can do within the Olympic Stadium Area - and my point was that no football fans want to do any of it. They want to watch the football and go home.

Are you talking about the Olympic Park, or inside the actual stadium area itself? The stuff outside has nothing to do with W.Ham as far as I know.

Once inside the Spurs stadium fans will be free to explore, move around, visit other stands, meet up in the atriums etc, so if fans want to carry on watching football after (or before) a Spurs home game, then they'll be able to do that from many places inside the stadium complex - depending on the scheduling of other matches of course:

* Around the stadium interior - in the various bars, cafes, atriums and restaurants - there will be 1800 HD TVs. .

* The main LED video displays for the stadium bowl total more than 1,000 square metres, each with 13HD pixel layouts. This includes two screens in the single tier stand, each measuring 325 square metres – making them the largest screens in any stadium in Western Europe.

As I've said, the club has done their research, including fans surveys and visiting stadia in the USA where a 'day out' experience is on offer. I'd back this over your hunch, based on no other comparable stadium in the UK, that it won't work.

Are you talking about the Olympic Park, or inside the actual stadium area itself? The stuff outside has nothing to do with W.Ham as far as I know.

Once inside the Spurs stadium fans will be free to explore, move around, visit other stands, meet up in the atriums etc, so if fans want to carry on watching football after (or before) a Spurs home game, then they'll be able to do that from many places inside the stadium complex - depending on the scheduling of other matches of course:

* Around the stadium interior - in the various bars, cafes, atriums and restaurants - there will be 1800 HD TVs. .

* The main LED video displays for the stadium bowl total more than 1,000 square metres, each with 13HD pixel layouts. This includes two screens in the single tier stand, each measuring 325 square metres – making them the largest screens in any stadium in Western Europe.

As I've said, the club has done their research, including fans surveys and visiting stadia in the USA where a 'day out' experience is on offer. I'd back this over your hunch, based on no other comparable stadium in the UK, that it won't work.

You are really starting to get really pedantic. I’m talking around the complex, and you know that. So you really think people are going to hand around after the match! If you want a day out I’d rather explore the Olympic Park than watch a big TV - the reality is hardly anyone will do either.

You are really starting to get really pedantic. I’m talking around the complex, and you know that. So you really think people are going to hand around after the match! If you want a day out I’d rather explore the Olympic Park than watch a big TV - the reality is hardly anyone will do either.

Right, so you are talking about stuff outside the stadium that has nothing to do with West Ham, where folk can wander around outside in the cold air of winter if they have a mind to.

You really are out of touch with the modern-day possibilities and trends when it comes to these things. Here's one example out of many: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/blog/trends-redefining-game-day-experience-ds00/

Luckily Spurs are not so out of touch and have designed our new stadium with a view to the emerging future.

Right, so you are talking about stuff outside the stadium that has nothing to do with West Ham, where folk can wander around outside in the cold air of winter if they have a mind to.

You really are out of touch with the modern-day possibilities and trends when it comes to these things. Here's one example out of many: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/blog/trends-redefining-game-day-experience-ds00/

Luckily Spurs are not so out of touch and have designed our new stadium with a view to the emerging future.

Whilst the stadium is poor from a football perspective - but I can bet you have never been there, the whole area was designed so that the stadium is not a white elephant like many Olympic stadia are. I’ve not once mentioned West Ham and what they do, you are just being incredibly argumentative.

I thought you were banging on about a bloody climbing wall earlier on in this thread?? And that was a great reason to visit?

I’ve been to the fan zone at City for a CL match, and it’s a novelty.

You clearly don’t live in London and have no idea of how the capital works.i doubt you actually go to any football matches or events at any of these stadium Your stadium will be shiney andnew, great, but it’s not ground breaking and won’t be the best stadium as it doesn’t have a history, a heart and a soul.

Whilst the stadium is poor from a football perspective - but I can bet you have never been there, the whole area was designed so that the stadium is not a white elephant like many Olympic stadia are. I’ve not once mentioned West Ham and what they do, you are just being incredibly argumentative.

I thought you were banging on about a bloody climbing wall earlier on in this thread?? And that was a great reason to visit?

I’ve been to the fan zone at City for a CL match, and it’s a novelty.

You clearly don’t live in London and have no idea of how the capital works.i doubt you actually go to any football matches or events at any of these stadium Your stadium will be shiney andnew, great, but it’s not ground breaking and won’t be the best stadium as it doesn’t have a history, a heart and a soul.

The point is that the Olympic Park has nothing to do with football or any football club and has zero implications for any predictions about how the design of the new Spurs stadium will or won't work in terms of creating more of day out experience for fans.

I've mentioned the climbing wall in passing (hardly "banging on" it about) as merely one of many features and attraction that will be available. It - and also including a seven-storey diving tank - is part of a wider extreme sports centre within the complex. Some folk will be attracted to these, others to the five-a-side pitches, others to the Sky Walk or the Museum, some to wide variety of bars, cafes, restaurants and street-food stalls, and some to the public square adjacent to the south stand, equivalent in size to London’s Trafalgar Square, which will allow for a range of sporting and community activities throughout the year.

You really are naïve if you think that the club has invested in all this in some vague hope of it working. Your concept of "go the match just before kick off and then go straight home" is old-fashioned-thinking, based on fans having little other option. It's a new era sunshine!

The new stadium is built over the old stadium, so the history transfers. You also say it will have no heart or soul. You'll think again when 62,000 fans are packed in, 17,000 of them in the single tier, and the all acoustic design effects kick in. I predict the atmosphere will be rip-roaring and electric.

Spurs 2016-17 figures.

Revenue £306.30 m, profit £41.20m

Where’s the £165m PROFIT come from? More than three times the most profitable club makes . I’m keen to learn unless it was for the scrap metal from the Lane.

Spurs 2016-17 figures.

Revenue £306.30 m, profit £41.20m

Where’s the £165m PROFIT come from? More than three times the most profitable club makes . I’m keen to learn unless it was for the scrap metal from the Lane.

The figures come from 2017-18, not 2016-17. Our revenue and profits have increased hugely in the last 12 months: "... record revenues of £381m and profit from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items of £163m for the year to 30 June, 2018"

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/october/club-statement-new-stadium-and-financial-update/

The thread is about our new stadium, including naturally the finances related to this.

If you want a thread about Spurs' trophy haul, then no one is stopping you from creating it.

That wouldn’t really be much of a thread now would it?

But carry on with the Stadium cheerleading. In your mind this build places you amongst the more storied and successful clubs, so have at er.

The figures come from 2017-18, not 2016-17. Our revenue and profits have increased hugely in the last 12 months: "... record revenues of £381m and profit from operations before football trading, depreciation, interest, tax and exceptional items of £163m for the year to 30 June, 2018"

This is outstanding. You lot want to make a chant for this.

Trophies are so yesterday. Revenues before football trading, depreciation and exceptional items is what it's all about.