Southgate deserves another few tournaments.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He has proven himself now, whiskers away from a knighthood. There is no doubt in my mind he's up to the job. I think England go on to take it if the referee plays the proper amount of injury time.

I honestly think this is a case of task taking a team as far as you can. They need someone to come in with a bit of actual tactical nous and bridge that final gap

He has proven himself now, whiskers away from a knighthood. There is no doubt in my mind he's up to the job. I think England go on to take it if the referee plays the proper amount of injury time.
Surely a wum?

I think his reputation would have been enhanced more had he taken the reigns off and gone out at the quarters. This tournament has significantly regressed his reputation and his value to perspective employers that I fear he might get no incentive not to carry on as he is

Not a good manager and nearly all of England's matches was the worst games to watch but he's very lucky manager and that luck ran out.

Reaching the euro final gives the illusion that England's on the verge of reaching a title when in reality the play style is awful and they were very lucky to end up in that part in the bracket. Scoring some screamers and having the easy path to the final.

As soon as they faced a good team it was over, this time was in the final but if by chance they'd end up in the other bracket they wouldn't had gone past the quarter finals.

Southgate needs to go, but he won't. England's squad is between the top 3 more talented squads in the world but is all wasted and will continue to be wasted until they get a proper manager.

Spain is the perfect example, of course they have some good players but overall the team is more than the sum of its parts. They're a really good coached team and the work and results are there to be seen.

I believe there are people who's country have never and will never get to a final in their lifetime who are being sneaky geese and mocking a man who has been to back to back Euro's finals.

:)

A vibes manager who relies on lucky draws and moments, who skirts by on nostalgia and sentiment and is protected by the media even though he doesnt deliver the required results?

Sounds familiar. Give him a lifetime contract I say.

FA will have to take a risk, either they assess the team and manager seeing the deficiencies tactically appointing a coach that rectifies things moving forward. Or they go with the tried and tested essentially waiting for Gareth to hopefully pick up a win.

Think the second option is most likely, there's nothing to incite that the criteria for the English FA is solely to win. If it's a demand from themselves then he'll leave but can't see it happening.

England have been dreadful throughout. Some moments of brilliance, luck and the favourable side of the draw took them as far as it did. Southgate is the benefactor of the post nation state funded takeover of domestic sides. England have brilliant players, will develop even more and should look to a manager with something about them. England's success should be a given, not some pathetic sob story about how they tried their best.

You guys are taking the piss. Look at how England plays despite facing relatively weak opposition on the way to the final. Awful team

I think his reputation would have been enhanced more had he taken the reigns off and gone out at the quarters. This tournament has significantly regressed his reputation and his value to perspective employers that I fear he might get no incentive not to carry on as he is

I've been thinking the quality of posts from newbies recently have been really poor but yours always seem thoughtful and serious. Good to see you here!

Southgate level is something like Scotland - average journeymen who can be moulded into a defensive block with no attacking sense.

The sooner he resigns and moves to his correct level the better for us.

He is coaching them to score screamers and unlikely goals:

Somewhat similar to United under Ole. Moments FC. It isn't a strategy for long-term success. To be fair though, Ole's teams also played much better football for the most part.

He's a caretaker manager gone rogue. The FA are clueless as to who to replace him with, so just keep letting him do his thing.

Disrespecting their greatest coach of all time is probably the reason why they never win stuff.

Disrespecting their greatest coach of all time is probably the reason why they never win stuff.

Unreasonable expectations their fans have for a nation that hasn't won anything in any of our lifetimes.

Odd behaviour, really.

He is too passive and manager to feck up 2 euro finals (especially the one against Italy). If the FA keep him then thats a RIP for England.

I believe there are people who's country have never and will never get to a final in their lifetime who are being sneaky geese and mocking a man who has been to back to back Euro's finals.

:)

Congrats on winning the getting to the final cup !! :D

Yeah, I mean it’s almost like someone who’s managed only 150 club games, including a relegation, should never be England manager. He’s massively inexperienced in making managerial decisions at the top level and it consistently shows. For reference, ten hag has managed 114 United games.

We need a manager who actually wants to win a game without fear of losing.