Film Sonic the hedgehog movie

Anyone who pays money to see this should lose their right to vote.

Well done to Dr Robotnik on his dietary success.

I love that we are now getting films based on memes based on video game characters from 30 years ago.

Detective Pikachu shows how it's done. This looks so bad.

I'm surprised there was even a market for this movie. It just feels like the games are from to long ago to be relevant enough to make a movie. I'll just wait for reviews and then stream it if it is deemed decent enough

I'm surprised there was even a market for this movie. It just feels like the games are from to long ago to be relevant enough to make a movie. I'll just wait for reviews and then stream it if it is deemed decent enough
There clearly isn't, and don't hold your breath!

The sonic adventures cartoon (in the 90's) was fantastic btw.

My name is Sonic and I am the fastest hedgehog alive...
At least Jim Carrey looks fun.

I never liked the games.
There hasn't actually been a Sonic game in ages has there? Sonic and Coolio, the kids won't know what the hell this is all about

I thought the rings on the Paramount logo was a nice touch

But that's about it.

To be fair - it's aimed at kids, and as something for kids, I think it might work? i don't know.

Where's tails?
I00001OkNF62fSN0.jpg

Reddit gaming is just full of everyone posting the same shite about the movie pretty much, well, sonics design anyway. Annoying af.

A full on Pixar style animated movie could have been great.

This just looks like baby gravy that’s been forcibly blown out of a hedgehogs spam javelin, licked up, shat back out, eaten up and then puked back out again. fecking terrible.

Looks terrible but I'll watch it eventually. Grew up playing these games.

What the actual feck!? They made Sonic look straight out of "Where the wild things are"

Just like nearly everything after Sonic 3 & Knuckles, terrible, terrible, terrible. Why do they continue to butcher my childhood?

I mean, Sonic is animated anyway! How do you make him look so ugly? And you couldn't get Jim Carrey to wear a fat suit?

The YouTube comments, though :lol:

"Should we talk about gangster's paradise being played in the background or pretend it didn’t happen?"

"1:23 is James Marsden's genuine reaction when he saw how Sonic looked like in screen"

"Can stop missiles, but cant dodge a dart..."

"Gangsta's Paradise is my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog song."

"YOU FRICKS! WHEN WILL YOU LEARN, THAT YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES?!"

"Jim Carrey is about to single-handedly carry this movie"

" Jim Carrey wasnt in the trailer there will be already 1M dislikes"

They've listened to the criticism and they're changing the design of Sonic. Good job they've got 6 months to do it.

Wow, that doesn't happen often.

I feel bad for the animators who now have to work extra hard to sort this all out. What a clusterfeck.

The mishandling of the Sonic the Hedgehog IP over the decades would make an entertaining documentary.

It is amazing how much dirt they've put it through and yet there's still a loyal audience for these things that they try to make money from while the rest of us facepalm.

I for one, am delighted that they’ve bowed to pressure and will now force their animators to work crippling overtime on a kids movie to appease angry 30 year olds who don’t like change. Another huge win for fan culture the 21st century! Hoorah!

Genuinely the worst thing about it was the choice of Gangsta's Paradise. It's actually made me mad.