Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

BorisManUtd

We won't keep him but he should have got more minutes at times this season. We drop most points this spring anyway.

Ekeke

I still think stylistically he shows what we are missing. He obviously makes a couple of big errors every game that can be costly, but I love his willingness to get on the ball. Overall I think he makes us a better team despite his limitations. The priority in the summer is signing a player in his profile (high volume passer) but just a better player and ideally someone more physically gifted. Controversially I’d still sign Amrabat for a low fee and cash in on Casa if we can.
Casemiro does it when he plays in midfield. Thats the issue. He's a worse version of a DM we already have and makes the same poor mistakes. If we didnt already have a player that does it then sure, but we do. And with our injuries we need good backups. Casemiro would be a much better one than Amrabat just like hes been a better midfielder this season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Casemiro does it when he plays in midfield. Thats the issue. He's a worse version of a DM we already have and makes the same poor mistakes. If we didnt already have a player that does it then sure, but we do. And with our injuries we need good backups. Casemiro would be a much better one than Amrabat just like hes been a better midfielder this season.
I don’t think Casa is anywhere near as assured in possession. He’s equally liable to the weird hospital passes like Amrabat. Amrabat is better at showing for the ball. Maybe the stats will say otherwise but I’d say the eye test suggests he gets on the ball more than any Utd player bar Bruno in midfield.

Zoo

A lot of the comments remind me of Sabitzer last year and he’s gone on to do well again in his career at Dortmund. He has been underused when hencould have offered something and like others left exposed by Ten Hag’s shit tactics.

Ekeke

A lot of the comments remind me of Sabitzer last year and he’s gone on to do well again in his career at Dortmund. He has been underused when hencould have offered something and like others left exposed by Ten Hag’s shit tactics.
Sabitzer is a more attacking player that we mostly used in a more conservative role. Amrabat is being used in his main role and isnt good enough. Sabitzer had also shown far more in his career than Amrabat had done.

Jimmy Greenhoff's Chest

I don’t think Casa is anywhere near as assured in possession. He’s equally liable to the weird hospital passes like Amrabat. Amrabat is better at showing for the ball. Maybe the stats will say otherwise but I’d say the eye test suggests he gets on the ball more than any Utd player bar Bruno in midfield.
Agreed, also Casemiro tends to get forward more, leaving the massive midfield hole that's been a disaster this season. Amrabat at least stays in position, even if he's not good enough there.

Teja

He's another one of those players, like Wan-Bissaka and Maguire, that would be good in a low block team. Unfortunately we've got too many of them.
I will whisper it quietly but a guy like Emery could get a tune out of this squad.

I think that's a local maxima though and we've come pretty close to it with Ole, so if we want to take the next step, we need to nail down the positional play principles and become a side that can build up, counter press etc.

Winrar

Yeah. If you go back and look at Sabitzer performance thread from last season, most comments towards the end were negative.