So who is actually the best striker in the PL? (Let's be honest; it's a Kane vs Haaland discussion)

Who is actually the best striker in the PL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kane has so much to his game, as complete as any centre forward there is at the moment.

Haaland is still learning, not only his team but his position. He is such a good goal scorer his ceiling is very high, but if I was choosing a player for a one off game tomorrow I would choose Kane.

All you have to do is read the ridiculous post in this thread for the kane brigade should tell you this, hopefully our foreign counterparts knocks this shit poll out of the park.

So saying Kane is better is "ridiculous post" and "English bias"? Maybe you should learn to argue your points on why a player is better than other instead of coming up with "ridiculous posts".

Few of the foreign counterparts like @SilentWitness (Assuming he is from Scotland) @hasanejaz88 voted for Kane and they explained the strengths of each player and why they prefer the player they voted for. I have nothing to with England, Spurs and I said I prefer Kane for the skillset he possesses.

Foreign posters, vote for Haaland ffs.

Don't forget the league he played in.
Then look at his UCL record, 28 goals in 22 matches (23 goals in 18 matches before going to City). Or for Norway, 21 goals in 23 matches. He scored 6 in 8 in UCL playing for Salzburg (including 3 goals against Napoli and one against Liverpool). When he was 18.

Kane is a better player, full stop, Haaland is the definition if flat track bully, nearly every top 6 defence he has faced this season has made hum look average, hes not a good dribbler, not a good passer, his touch is decent but nothing out the ordinary.

He is simply a great poacher, an all time level poacher, but he can't compared to the likes of Benzema and Kane in their prime when all said and done.

Opinions here can only be explained by the fact one rejected us and the other may yet sign in the summer.

More goals, more assists, more shots on target, team has more goals. Yet one or two more progressive passes per game and apparently Kane is better to some.

Kane's assist tally is down this year, but i'm willing to bet Haaland will never have a season where he is top goals scorer and has the most assists in the league like Kane did a couple years ago.

Progressive passes is also a far better metric to use in an argument than team goals ffs.

Then look at his UCL record, 28 goals in 22 matches (23 goals in 18 matches before going to City). Or for Norway, 21 goals in 23 matches. He scored 6 in 8 in UCL playing for Salzburg (including 3 goals against Napoli and one against Liverpool). When he was 18.

Whats his record against the top 6 this season? No goals against United, Spurs, Arsenal, 1 goal against Liverpool when they had a starting pair of Phillips and Gomez in the Carabao cup.

Haaland is a different level. He will prove this over his career. If he stayed at city long enough he would smash Kanes tally and have success

Kane is a better player, full stop, Haaland is the definition if flat track bully, nearly every top 6 defence he has faced this season has made hum look average, hes not a good dribbler, not a good passer, his touch is decent but nothing out the ordinary.

He is simply a great poacher, an all time level poacher, but he can't compared to the likes of Benzema and Kane in their prime when all said and done.

Except when he scored a hat trick against us and scored against Spurs a few weeks ago. I swear people expect strikers to score in every game otherwise they're sh*t.

Oh and I'm sure scoring against Liverpool, Bayern, PSG, Napoli for previous teams should also count as flat track bullies?

I voted for Kane, but it's extremely close. Benz, Lewa, Kane, Haaland, all world class strikers and you can pick any as the best in the world. I hope people can start having these discussions without completely disrespecting the players.

Whats his record against the top 6 this season? No goals against United, Spurs, Arsenal, 1 goal against Liverpool when they had a starting pair of Phillips and Gomez in the Carabao cup.
Hmm, here I thought he scored 3 goals against United. And that he scored against Spurs too.

Well considering the strikers job is to score goals, Haaland.

You dont get awarded trophies and plaudits for touching the ball more, just put it in the net.

He had a hattrick against United and got awarded a 10 by L'Équipe as one of 14 players, ever.

If youre going to make a good argument, at least make it factual. A good, honest dicussion based on the real world is always welcome.

4 in 6 for Haaland, 4 in 7 for Kane.

You've already been thoroughly dismantled, so I'll just add :lol:

Flat track bully is what I’ve always thought Kane to be. Wasn’t that long ago it took him till March to get a goal against a top 6 side. Sure he also won the golden boot a couple of times by battering in hat tricks against cannon fodder in the latter stages of the season.

His England tally has also been grossly inflated by battering in goals against countries you probably didn’t know existed. Penalties are generally his only method of bagging goals against the bigger nations. Also find the argument about playing in weaker sides odd given Haaland’s free scoring form for both Dortmund and Salzburg, even in the CL.

Haaland currently. He´s been on fire in general since he hit the stage way before city. Without recency bias its probably Kane.

He scored a hattrick vs us and got 2 assists.

He scored a hattrick vs us and got 2 assists.
He did score against Spurs just 2 weeks ago too.

He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 games against the "big 6" in the PL this season.
Kane has 4 goals and 0 assists in 7 games against the "big 6" this season...

Could mention the 28 goals in 1700 minutes in the CL too, but he didn't score yesterday while Kane did. So this poll appears. Kane will probably be regarded among the 5 best ever English forwards, while Haaland is on a trajectory to become one of the best forwards ever. Kane is having one of his best seasons ever in the PL and Haaland made his debut 6 months ago, yet:

Kane in the PL - 22/23
17 goals/1 assists in 1968 minutes - 0,78 goals/90 - 0,05 assists/90

Haaland in the PL - 22/23
25 goals/3 assists in 1641 minutes - 1,37 goals/90 - 0,16 assists/90

22/23 season all comps:
Kane: 19 goals and 3 assists in 2657 minutes - 0,64 goals/90 - 0,10 assists/90
Haaland: 31 goals and 3 assists in 2178 minutes - 1,28 goals/90 - 0,12 assists/90

I'm happy that City's having a rough patch right now, because they are doing it all wrong right now regarding Haaland. Starving him by never playing direct in transitions and putting every cross far above his head is not the beta.
It's very hard to see what Pep is trying to do and most importantly why.......it's just very easy to see that it's not working.

I'd take Kane over Haaland for the same reason I'd take Henry over RVN back in the 00s. Both are world class but one is a goal scoring machine and one is a world class all round forward.

To be fair to Haaland he'd be doing even better if City played to his strengths, which they don't, but if you swapped their clubs around I think Kane would outscore him as well as being more heavily involved in the buildup.

He did score against Spurs just 2 weeks ago too.

He has 4 goals and 2 assists in 6 games against the "big 6" in the PL this season.
Kane has 4 goals and 0 assists in 7 games against the "big 6" this season...

Could mention the 28 goals in 1700 minutes in the CL too, but he didn't score yesterday while Kane did. So this poll appears. Kane will probably be regarded among the 5 best ever English forwards, while Haaland is on a trajectory to become one of the best forwards ever. Kane is having one of his best seasons ever in the PL and Haaland made his debut 6 months ago, yet:

Kane in the PL - 22/23
17 goals/1 assists in 1968 minutes - 0,78 goals/90 - 0,05 assists/90

Haaland in the PL - 22/23
25 goals/3 assists in 1641 minutes - 1,37 goals/90 - 0,16 assists/90

22/23 season all comps:
Kane: 19 goals and 3 assists in 2657 minutes - 0,64 goals/90 - 0,10 assists/90
Haaland: 31 goals and 3 assists in 2178 minutes - 1,28 goals/90 - 0,12 assists/90

I'm happy that City's having a rough patch right now, because they are doing it all wrong right now regarding Haaland. Starving him by never playing direct in transitions and putting every cross far above his head is not the beta.
It's very hard to see what Pep is trying to do and most importantly why.......it's just very easy to see that it's not working.

Good post unlike mine.:lol:

It's a weird argument because like I've said in the Haaland thread, they do sort of a terrible job playing around him. But I think my answer is Haaland. I think Kane is the answer a few years ago, but he's dreadfully slow now and contrasting to Haaland everything Spurs does basically is built around him (for good reason). Both are top5 in the world, but it's also weird because how do you determine the better striker? Kane is a better pure footballer, but Haaland is a better goalscorer and offers an immense threat off of the ball that very few in the world rival.

The question is about the PL, so any other competition is irrelevant for the comparisons

I don't think kane would necessarily score as many as Halaand is scoring now because he wouldnt take up those same positions. But he would enable his teammates to score more.

Haaland for me. Kane's the better overall player though.

A bit of a Van Nistelrooy versus Henry situation (although both are worse).

Disagree and weirdly find myself agreeing with Jamie Carraghers recent analysis of Haaland.

The way City play we are only seeing 60% of his talents. He reminds me of a young Rooney when playing on the break with his really powerful running with the ball, simply not seeing it at City, his movement with high tempo football is also excellent...not seeing it at City. He is a freak in the box and thats the one thing we are seeing of his huge ability at City.

That being said, last couple fo seasons Kane is ahead for me, his passing and link up play has improved immensely and he has improved his hold up play a lot. He is at his absolute peak, I actually think he will recede quitea bit after 18months or so, thats why I dont want to sign him with the costs probably involved.

Also dont get me wrong, Benzema is a wonderful player, would also put him ahead....but his absolute peak as a centre forward has literally been the period since ROnaldo left when physicallyhe is probably past his peak, sounds strange for all they achieved, but like Rooney, he never really consistently went on to become tha player he promised at Lyon as neither did Rooney with us. They should have been up there with the likes of Ronaldo and Messi as they were that good. So how Haaland goes on career wise performance wise is too early to tell....but there is no doubt he is way ahead of any strikers around his age group and already done far better than some of the worlds greatest strikers like Lewandowski and Kane did at his age.

Think its almost unfair on both sides to compare Haaland and Kane at the moment. One has over a decade of experience from loans, finding his way in to the team and improving his play....the other has had a couple of yeas abroad at the perfect club for you talent and literally six months in the premiership

Pep would swap them in a heartbeat.
100%

This poll probably speaks a lot to people's preferences - do you prefer the big picture view of making a team better overall or do you just want your striker scoring as many as possible.

Didn't he get a hattrick against United?

He hasn't played arsenal yet you lunatic, he scored a hat trick against us and two assists, scored against Newcastle and scored against spurs, he also got two against Brighton who are currently 6th. He's played 6 games against the rest of the top 6 and scored 7 goals in the league

Kane is world class, Haaland one of the best in the world, who has already surpassed Kane.

Kane's a better all round player but for me Haaland is the better striker at the moment. It's yet to be seen if Haaland has been found out but, I think City are just being a bit shit along with not picking out his runs. They aren't playing to his strengths at all.

Kane is world class, Haaland one of the best in the world, who has already surpassed Kane.

Kane may have been a better fit at this City side though I do agree haaland is a better player

In convinced Kane is the most underrated current player around here. The man is the complete striker (just below Benzema who is a bit more refined in his style but less prolific). Haaland for all his goals just doesn't have 'that' thing on the ball when he's not scoring himself. Put Kane in our team and we have 5-8 points more right now. That's the difference between winning the league and not.

In convinced Kane is the most underrated current player around here. The man is the complete striker (just below Benzema who is a bit more refined in his style but less prolific). Haaland for all his goals just doesn't have 'that' thing on the ball when he's not scoring himself. Put Kane in our team and we have 5-8 points more right now. That's the difference between winning the league and not.

Put haaland in our team and we'd have even more, he scores around a goal a game at every team he plays for and in the champions league. Kane is a better fit for City as he'd get more involved in the buildup plus be the finisher they've not had since aguero left, literally the ideal signing for this city side. But haaland would have been better for us I think

Good point. I guess I'm still a bit skeptical about his goal scoring rate at PL. If he can maintain this rate until the end of season then I'd put my hands up. If it ends up about similar with Kane who is playing for a team full of resident sleepers then I'd argue Kane is a slightly better CF.

Different styles, both fantastic, but I agree for Pep and how his team plays Kane is the better option. Wasn't it only a couple seasons ago Kane had the most assists and won the golden boot? Literally carrying that Spurs team.