Simone Inzaghi

we've got too many flank men that cannot be ignored
Could we not play garnacho/diallo as one of the ST if need be. Bit similar to Sanchez. Or if we wanted to be really attacking garnacho on the left flank but it would obviously mean he needs to do a lot of defensive work but apparently that’s what ETH sent him on for against Twente.

He got sacked didn’t he?
No, he didn't get sacked... Juventus came for him, and he asked to leave, Chelsea got 5M compensation for it.. ( He got sacked by Juventus after one season/ the Covid season)

He recently said he regrets it and that he only left Chelsea because he felt homesick and wanted to move back to Italy.

Could we not play garnacho/diallo as one of the ST if need be. Bit similar to Sanchez. Or if we wanted to be really attacking garnacho on the left flank but it would obviously mean he needs to do a lot of defensive work but apparently that’s what ETH sent him on for against Twente.

square pegs, round hole situation.

I like Inzaghi and I don't mind him as our manager. However ideally we should go for someone who

a- understands the EPL, its tempo and the physicality + the pressure
b- he utilize a system that fits as many players we've got as possible

Quite frankly I would go all in on Emery.

A- He's Spanish. Bar SAF, the two most successful managers in the EPL were either Spanish or their cousins (ie Portuguese)
B- He plays a 4-2-3-1 system which means we'll be using most of the players we've got
C- He had now bedded into the EPL and he also know the pressure of managing a top EPL side with huge issues
D- His man management is top notch

No, he didn't get sacked... Juventus came for him, and he asked to leave, Chelsea got 5M compensation for it.. ( He got sacked by Juventus after one season/ the Covid season)

He recently said he regrets it and that he only left Chelsea because he felt homesick and wanted to move back to Italy.

Fair enough!

I like Inzaghi and I don't mind him as our manager. However ideally we should go for someone who

A- He's Spanish. Bar SAF, the two most successful managers in the EPL were either Spanish or their cousins (ie Portuguese)
B- He plays a 4-2-3-1 system which means we'll be using most of the players we've got
C- He had now bedded into the EPL and he also know the pressure of managing a top EPL side with huge issues

English managers won the most leagues. We should hire Lampard. He also fits B and C.

Or if you consider the world started with the PL, then Italy is the only country from which more than one manager has managed to win the PL—four in total. That being said, only two of them won it against cheating City (Ranieri for Leicester and Conte for Chelsea), and only Conte won it against a Pep-led cheating City. So maybe we should hire Conte.

Good shout. I wouldn’t be against gettin Emery, and he’d be up for taking the step up.

English managers won the most leagues. We should hire Lampard. He also fits B and C.

Or if you consider the world started with the PL, then Italy is the only country from which more than one manager has managed to win the PL—four in total. That being said, only two of them won it against cheating City (Ranieri for Leicester and Conte for Chelsea), and only Conte won it against a Pep-led cheating City. So maybe we should hire Conte.

You might not follow me enough but I was born a spit away from Italy. I know the language, I've been following the Serie A since the 80s and if you notice the tag I am an admirer of the Serie A (though still a massive United supporter and no one elses)

A- I am referring to the EPL ie 92-93 onwards. Bar SAF, the most successful managers were Pep (Spanish) with 6 titles and Mourinho (Portuguese) with 3 titles. The likes of Benitez did fairly well with the plastic treble. That included the CL though

b- I love the Serie A but Italians tend to be very stubborn on their ways/tactics, they are short term like managers and they tend to always want to return home. The exception being Ancelotti. They also tend to be disciplinarians to the extreme (Lippi, Capello, Conte). That's pretty down to their upbringing. In Italy the boss/manager is seen as one downgrade away from the almighty and everyone is seen as a chess piece in a chess game. That no nonsense, my way/high way type of managers would struggle with our current lot.

Conclusion: I won't lose any sleep if Inzaghi became our next manager. I suggested him many times and I had defended him even in this very thread. However that doesn't mean that I haven't got my share of concerns and quite frankly I think that Emery would be a safer bet to him.