Gaming Silent Hill 2 (Remake) - 08 October 2024 (87 on Metacritic, suck it Alock1)

It's not deliberate.

The PS5 version is annoyingly bad.

I just got my new television and did some testing, but couldn't quite remember if it felt that sluggish on the previous one. Rest of the games ive booted up seem to run fast enough.

Anyone else experience a slight lag despite being on performance mode on Ps5

Digital Foundry recommends to play in Quality because the performance mode has massive dips, and the Quality mode ray-tracing has more bounce lighting which helps with indoor lighting.

Since i got out of the apartments and past 1st boss fights its been growing on me. The apartments bit was definitely the most spooky so far but im finding 2nd act more interesting.

Ive confirmed that if you save while injured, you be uinjured if you reload the save. Might just be the difficulty level im using.

Im playing on light combat challenge

Ah fair.

Tbh I was tempted to switch over myself. I don’t find the combat difficult, but at the same time I don’t find it too enjoyable either so I’d rather speed it up to experience the story and atmosphere a little bit more.

They really overdid the mannequin jump scares. Tedious after a while.

Same resolution here, tried 1600p also and it's not too bad. You're bang on though, shadowing is the issue, turning it to the low setting almost locks it to 60fps. Problem is the low shadow setting looks a bit rough.
The patch has really smoothed performance out (not the shadows though, that seems to be an ongoing issue with a lot of games these days, really needs a look at).

Frame generation really is something else, I'm getting ~144fps now with everything (bar shadows, which are medium) maxed. I think you have a 30-series? I've heard good things about the mod you can get to use FG, though I'm not sure if it's game specific or like the DLSS mods it's used with an injector like ReSHADE. Either way it's definitely worth a look for this and all games. (I use the DLSS one for Elden Ring for example, and it's fantastic).

The patch has really smoothed performance out (not the shadows though, that seems to be an ongoing issue with a lot of games these days, really needs a look at).

Frame generation really is something else, I'm getting ~144fps now with everything (bar shadows, which are medium) maxed. I think you have a 30-series? I've heard good things about the mod you can get to use FG, though I'm not sure if it's game specific or like the DLSS mods it's used with an injector like ReSHADE. Either way it's definitely worth a look for this and all games. (I use the DLSS one for Elden Ring for example, and it's fantastic).

Yeah, 3080. Do you think it's smoothed out? I'm still finding it very stuttery and baffling frame rate wise myself. Sometimes in the hospital area it'll hit 80-100fps, and then you go down some corridor or face some wall and it plummets to the 50's. For no logical reason. In fact the large outdoor areas seem to fare better from my experience. There's something really shite going on coding wise with the unreal engine, I think.

I'll try that mod, cheers!

The prison was terrifying. Kinda frustrating because of how dark it was as well.

Yeah that place had me on edge. When im soon done with this game I'll give review it as brlliant and never play it again.

Finished it, great game tbh. Probably won’t ever play it again but I’d say it’s the best horror game I’ve played.

Finished it. 9/10. I also probably won't play it again despite the ng+ and different endings.