Music Serial (podcast)

Its not doing much for me so far. Its an interesting insight into the judicial system but that's more like a good 2-part This American Life episode than something on the level with Serial Season 1.

That probably says more about me wanting some tacky whodunnit mystery than it does about the quality of the podcast but hey-ho; Serial got me into Podcasts and I've just found that mysteries are more easily consumed in podcast form than most other stories/reports.

Madness. Been years since I’ve listened so the story is a little foggy. I guess the main suspect is Adnan’s mate?

I remember following this case closely around 2016. Haven’t read about it since so no idea what developments lead to this decision. Always felt he was fecked by that lawyer of his at the time who had clearly lost her marbles. I think she hid her deteriorating mental well being from everyone until she could hide it no more and then lost her license or something along those lines.

Mad to think he spent 22 years in prison, if he’s truly innocent.

Interesting. I'm happy he's out of jail, they clearly did not prove the crime beyond a reasonable doubt.

Despite being fascinated by this, I never really got into the whole wave of True Crime podcasts that seemed to follow Serial. Are there any others that are definitely worth listening to? West Cork was the only that I did, and that was both excellent, and similarly unclear on the outcome, despite a lot of evidence and conflicting stories.

State had a bad case and that is obvious by the latest report they filed. The fact that it took 20+ overs to admit their failings is a sad indictment of US system.
  • Failed to investigate two other suspects, one who was overheard threatening Hae and now has sexual assault history on his file. Another I believe was living close to the place where Hae's car was found. Did not share this with defence also which is the main reason behind this reversal.
  • The detective who worked with Jay on his confession and has since been found to have done illegal things to ensure convictions. One person already got acquitted due to same.
  • Jay's confessions was always wonky as he changed his testimony on 2-3 occasions. This was supposedly overlooked since his testimony was collaborated by cell tower evidence. That evidence was exposed as junk science when the podcast came out and has now been acknowledged by the state to be as such as well. As a result of this and detective issue, state themselves are now saying that they have doubts over Jay's testimony.
Zero chance they dare to try Adnan again since they more have less have admitted that majority of evidence against him can not be relied upon anymore. They will make some show of investigating the other suspects and then close the case expressing remorse. Feel bad for Hae's family.