Sergej Milinkovic Savic

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You think Pogba can't be compared to Kroos or Modric technically?
No, not really. Or rather, yes, but he's too slow to play like either. Both of thought and execution. Needs more space and time than they do

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No, not really. Or rather, yes, but he's too slow to play like either. Both of thought and execution. Needs more space and time than they do
Modric is irreplaceable. But I'd take Pogba over Kroos, easily.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
Kroos and Modric are not "powerful and quick" CM. Neither so the City's. I don't know why people think Pogba and Savic would be "too slow".
Modric is not quick? He's not fast, but he's extremely quick...there's a difference.

Hammondo

I was pretty sure quick and fast were the same thing.
Its the difference between haste and speed. Modric has been the core player for Real Madrid since he went there, hes really been irreplaceable for them and we have no player close to what he or, or as good as him in midfield.

Devil may care

We are being linked to him, Sandro and Ozil more than anyone else right now, but this one in particular would be a summer deal IMO.

Zoo

WOW! The Corriere dello Sport announced an offer of 170 million euros from PSG for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, with Jorge Mendes the architect of this incredible operation...

ti vu

WOW! The Corriere dello Sport announced an offer of 170 million euros from PSG for Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, with Jorge Mendes the architect of this incredible operation...
:eek:

haram

Makes no sense.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Unfortunately some clubs move much faster and harder than others nowadays... you really think Savic should be humbled to become a rotational player at United? :lol: Many insiders rate him higher than Pogba and PSG seem willing to kill the auction before the WC. This is a wake up call for fans, before than clubs.

Devil may care

Unfortunately some clubs move much faster and harder than others nowadays... you really think Savic should be humbled to become a rotational player at United? :lol: Many insiders rate him higher than Pogba and PSG seem willing to kill the auction before the WC. This is a wake up call for fans, before than clubs.
I don't think it's a wake up call, at least not for United fans, we know we move slowly and the fact is no one else starts out bidding what PSG can offer, even City for all their riches don't put that kind of money on the table right out of the gate. I do agree that these posts putting Savic as a rotational player were crazy though, the price he's going to cost means he will start most weeks wherever he goes.

haram

It wasn't really about rotation, more the fact that it gave us the option to play with 3 CM's and also a replacement for Pogba when we play with 2, something we sorely lacked this season. When we play with 3 CM's we could move Ozil (if we signed him) wider. When Pogba isn't playing we use Savic and push Ozil into AM. It just gives us options that we need at AM, CM and off the right.

Also, they cannot all play every game, and all of them will not be fit the whole season.

-------Lukaku----
Martial--------Ozil
Pogba-Matic-Savic

------Lukaku----
Martial-Ozil-Mata
----Savic-Matic

Last edited:

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
It wasn't really about rotation, more the fact that it gave us the option to play with 3 CM's and also a replacement for Pogba when we play with 2, something we sorely lacked this season. When we play with 3 CM's we could move Ozil (if we signed him) wider. When Pogba isn't playing we use Savic and push Ozil into AM. It just gives us options that we need at AM, CM and off the right.

Also, they cannot all play every game, and all of them will not be fit the whole season.
Fair enough. Marotta offered €40m for him last Summer, Lotito is still laughing hard so he moved to Emre Can on a free as plan A and Cristante from Atalanta as plan B. Why is not United on Emre Can baffles me or maybe not: Can may become quite good as a cog in our system at Juve replacing Khedira and then be sold in 2-3 years for £50m but he could not be as efficient while being on his own at United. Still, you would have your potentially very good rotational player on a free.

haram

Fair enough. Marotta offered €40m for him last Summer, Lotito is still laughing hard so he moved to Emre Can on a free as plan A and Cristante from Atalanta as plan B. Why is not United on Emre Can baffles me or maybe not: Can may become quite good as a cog in our system at Juve replacing Khedira and then be sold in 2-3 years for £50m but he could not be as efficient while being on his own at United. Still, you would have your potentially very good rotational player on a free.
We are competing against Man City, Can is not doing us any good.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
We are competing against Man City, Can is not doing us any good.
This is exactly my point: Can would be a perfect cog in a well oiled machine but United work in a different manner (or work in a disjointed manner to my foreigner eyes), so you fans are expecting individual saviours and can't see how well a Can could work as a rotational cog with potential.

haram

This is exactly my point: Can would be a perfect cog in a well oiled machine but United work in a different manner (or work in a disjointed manner to my foreigner eyes), so you fans are expecting individual saviours and can't see how well a Can could work as a rotational cog with potential.
I think you might be overrating Emre Can...

izec

We dont buy Liverpool players and vice versa, even if he is out of contract

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I think you might be overrating Emre Can...
Nah, every other week there is some posters writing in awe of Juve business but when shown how Marotta works actually, many still have your same reaction and dream of unattainable players. I better stop here and move on, though, United paid £89m for a kid of yours so it is not my business anyway.

haram

Nah, every other week there is some posters writing in awe of Juve business but when shown how Marotta works actually, many still have your same reaction and dream of unattainable players. I better stop here and move on, though, United paid £89m for a kid of yours so it is not my business anyway.
Don't get what Pogba has to do with anything but ok...

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
:lol: Who is the player who is unattainable? Since this is Savic's tread I'm assuming you are talking about Savic.

Bitterness about Pogba :drool:

beingshe7don

Mourinho is a huge fan of Savic and if Savic goes to PSG, sooner or later Mourinho is going to leave for PSG. They will have all of Mourinho's first choice players rather than us trying to penny pinch.

Jib

Many insiders rate him higher than Pogba
Your bitterness about Pogba is sad.

When Pogba was in Italy, he was highly praised every week by ex-coach like Sacchi, Capello etc or ex-player...

In fact, Pogba was so good that in Italy they couldn't resist to compare him to every good young midfielder...

In 2014-2015 it was Lemina/Kondogbia/Gerson, in 2016 it was Gagliardini ( Il Pogba Bianco ), in 2017 it was Bentancur ( the Uruguayan Pogba ) and now SMS...

And for many of your club legends
( Buffon, Nedved, Thuram, Pirlo, Chiellini, Marchisio...) Pogba is the best thing since sliced bread ;)

I think that we can say that Pogba is a legend in Italy and right now they use his name to hype SMS :lol:

Last edited:

ti vu

He is a top potential player. But PSG can do whatever they want really, they can spend 800m and nothing would be done
I meant 100mil would mean someone who would be one of the very top midfielder in the future. Not just regular good. I rate SMS, but don't think his price is good. PSG has money but they will have to plenty of work around to make the money legal. Not sure SMS would be worth the hassle. It's unlike Neymar & MBappe (statement) signings.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I meant 100mil would mean someone who would be one of the very top midfielder in the future. Not just regular good. I rate SMS, but don't think his price is good. PSG has money but they will have to plenty of work around to make the money legal. Not sure SMS would be worth the hassle. It's unlike Neymar & MBappe (statement) signings.
Lotito reportedly wants at least €100m so that's the amount needed for him atm...

iamherenow

watch psg sign him and he turns out great,and our everly knowledgeable caftards moan why we didn't spend what's required to get him.
Even though they are moaning mourinho cnt spot a talent or is clueless and doesn't know how to make our team work..

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
:lol: Who is the player who is unattainable? Since this is Savic's tread I'm assuming you are talking about Savic.

Bitterness about Pogba :drool:
Your bitterness about Pogba is sad.

When Pogba was in Italy, he was highly praised every week by ex-coach like Sacchi, Capello etc or ex-player...

In fact, Pogba was so good that in Italy they couldn't resist to compare him to every good young midfielder...

In 2014-2015 it was Lemina/Kondogbia/Gerson, in 2016 it was Gagliardini ( Il Pogba Bianco ), in 2017 it was Bentancur ( the Uruguayan Pogba ) and now SMS...

And for many of your club legends
( Buffon, Nedved, Thuram, Pirlo, Chiellini, Marchisio...) Pogba is the best thing since sliced bread ;)

I think that we can say that Pogba is a legend in Italy and right now they use his name to hype SMS :lol:
you keep missing the point :D pogs was yours own, he left on a free and you bought him back for a record fee, call it a shrewd piece of business :) as for Savic, there was a poster here last year stating seriously that conte should have accepted an assistant coach role at united to learn the trade from jose before trying the premier league on his own, :wenger: no wonder you lot are finding difficult adapting to the present time and keep working as a '90s club ;)

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
you keep missing the point :D pogs was yours own, he left on a free and you bought him back for a record fee, call it a shrewd piece of business :) as for Savic, there was a poster here last year stating seriously that conte should have accepted an assistant coach role at united to learn the trade from jose before trying the premier league on his own, :wenger: no wonder you lot are finding difficult adapting to the present time and keep working as a '90s club ;)
If going by one poster and equating that to how the club is run, I would say Juventus would have been a closed shop years ago going by the idiots on juventuz forum. you think what someone said on redcafe has anything to do with how the club is run by Woodward and co?

Hawks2008

you keep missing the point :D pogs was yours own, he left on a free and you bought him back for a record fee, call it a shrewd piece of business :)
Why does it matter if Pogba was already on our own books? We had the money to bring him back and we did, unlike some clubs we don't need to rely on 'shrewd business' when we have the money and stature to attract pretty much any player. But it's funny that Juve fans really can't get over the fact he left them for a team they perceived as below them...