top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Tuesday 9 July
20:00 BST | Spain vs France

Wednesday 10 July
20:00 BST | Netherlands vs England

I'll go for Spain-Holland final.

Both SFs going into extra time feels a reasonably sure thing.

Best final for the neutral- Netherlands vs Spain

Probable final- France vs England- anti football wins

Won't be much in either game, it's just whoever turns up with the big moments.

France are very good at that so I'd give the nod to them, England/Netherlands will be a very close run thing.

For EN vs NL. If both teams play like they did today, Netherlands will win.

One pretty right match and one match where England dogwalk a very mediocre Netherlands team.

Wout, wout will tear you apart, again.

He is the key to Netherlands beating England imo.
Would genuinely put him in midfield to do a job on Bellingham, make his life a nightmare, potentially get him sent off, kick him, talk smack about him, and maybe even get a goal.

Both Van de Ven and Ake can deal with Saka, Dumfries can deal with whoever.

It's an embarrassment to these Euros that France, England and the Netherlands are still in contention

Netherlands should have enough to get to the final, Spain will win the other semi. Spain to beat Netherlands after extra time in the final.

I'll go for Spain-Holland final.

Both SFs going into extra time feels a reasonably sure thing.
Spain most likely to beat France in 90 mins unless France up their game. England ET for the 3rd game in a row

Great teams, 6 european trophies between the 4 of them.

The final will probably be France - England, and probably after 15 minutes of the first half we'll all switch to golf or something.

I hope for some good matches and a new champion. Or Spain since they are the best actually playing the game. Or the Netherlands who have an acceptable but likable team.

I would swap Holland with Germany but other than that I agree.
Ye Germany unlucky to face Spain so early in the knockouts. I reckon Germany would have beat either France or Portugal and would have had a semi against Spain.

You’re not neutral! You hate England :lol:
To be honest, i hate almost absolutely everyone in this tournament :lol:. I honestly like to see good football and at least England have played better football today but geez, it's been hard work watching them, Portugal, and France. I actually have France as my biggest disappointment of the tournament, just....wretched to watch considering the talent they have.

Spain have been the best team in the tournament, Germany and Austria were fun, the rest have been, urghh!

Great teams, 6 european trophies between the 4 of them.

The final will probably be France - England, and probably after 15 minutes of the first half we'll all switch to golf or something.

I hope for some good matches and a new champion. Or Spain since they are the best actually playing the game. Or the Netherlands who have an acceptable but likable team.

So anyone but France?

Still think Netherlands have been the most luckiest team. Finished 3rd in the group stage and get the easiest knockout route.

So anyone but France?

Indeed ;) . I find this France team extremely unappealing and a representation of most of what is wrong about football today. They're like what Mayweather is to boxing.

OTOH, they have the only players in the tournament that are campaigning against the far right so maybe it's good they win. I don't know anymore.

Indeed ;) . I find this France team extremely unappealing and a representation of most of what is wrong about football today. They're like what Mayweather is to boxing.

OTOH, they have the only players in the tournament that are campaigning against the far right so maybe it's good they win. I don't know anymore.

Yeah I get that. And definitely agree on the second part.

I don’t even have to answer myself…

Switzerland, Germany and Austria were overall much better than France, England and the Netherlands have been, but that's knockout stage football for you. It's rare to have the 4 best teams as the last 4 standing in the semis, but this time I feel like it's 3 absolute charlatans and one well-drilled, organized side, who plays entertaining football on top of it.

Hoping for Spain and England to win. But above that is just the hope that these teams actually play football rather than endeavor to play it safe and take it to penalties.

Switzerland, Germany and Austria were overall much better than France, England and the Netherlands have been, but that's knockout stage football for you. It's rare to have the 4 best teams as the last 4 standing in the semis, but this time I feel like it's 3 absolute charlatans and one well-drilled, organized side, who plays entertaining football on top of it.

France have been horrid to watch but I don't think a team has ever had a less inspiring run to an international semi final. The Dutch lack the talent especially with their two best CMs injured.

England have better players than Netherlands, it's just a question of whether the manager can get the best out of them. The other game is a toss up.

Can anyone tell me if Schouten is a good player or not?

I was only watching tonight's game in the background but he strikes me as incredibly bland and inoffensive. Very simple and safe with the ball but I didn't really notice him off and I mean that in a bad way.

Almost like if DVB was playing DM.

France have been horrid to watch but I don't think a team has ever had a less inspiring run to an international semi final. The Dutch lack the talent especially with their two best CMs injured.

I agree, but France are at least solid at the back. Still, player quality has been massively bailing Deschamps out, similarly to Southgate.

Can anyone tell me if Schouten is a good player or not?

I was only watching tonight's game in the background but he strikes me as incredibly bland and inoffensive. Very simple and safe with the ball but I didn't really notice him off and I mean that in a bad way.

If you want confirmation then yes, you've hit the nail on the head. Users who said United should take a look at him probably thought Kenneth Taylor was amazing too.

Edit: but he's doing a solid job considering we have our two best midfielders out.